|Faisal Khan AajTak
|• Khan Sir Patna
• Amit Singh YouTube
|Teacher & Social Worker
|His unique style of teaching
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Date of Birth
|Age (as of 2023)
|Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Deoria, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Parmar Mission School in Bhatpar Rani, Deoria, Uttar Pradesh
|University of Allahabad in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh
|• Holds a Bachelor of Science degree from University of Allahabad
• Holds a Master of Science degree from University of Allahabad Zee News
• Master of Arts degree in geography Rediff
|• FIR Against Khan Sir
In 2022, students protested across Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, and Jharkhand for the cancellation of the Railway Recruitment Boards’ Non-Technical Popular Categories (RRB-NTPC) examination. Many students burned the trains and damaged the Indian Railway's property at the Gaya Station in Bihar. Police arrested many protestors and kept them in their custody for questioning. Police recorded the statements of protestors and many of them revealed that allegedly Khan sir and some other teachers incited the students to protest. On 27 January 2022, an FIR was lodged against Khan Sir, five other teachers, and 16 students of his coaching institute, at the Patrakar Nagar police station in Patna. According to sources, Khan Sir went underground after hearing the news of an FIR being filed against him. Khan Sir and five other teachers named S. K. Jha, Navin, Amarnath, Gagan Pratap, and Gopal Verma, were charged with sections 147, 148, 151, 152, 186, 187, 188, 323, 332, 353, 504, 506, and 120 (B) of IPC. The New Indian Express
• Controversial ‘Suresh-Abdul’ Video
In December 2022, he stirred controversy when in one of his tutorial videos he explained how the meaning of a sentence changes when a Muslim name, such as Abdul is used instead of a Hindu name, such as Suresh. In the video, he said,
"There are some sentences which have two meanings. For example, if you say Suresh was flying an aeroplane, then it will have one meaning. But if you say Abdul is flying a plane, then it will mean different to people…" Mint
Ashok Kumar Pandey, an author and historian, tweeted the video and wrote,
"This is called the limit of meanness. Such people are cheap businessmen who spread hatred in society while doing the business of education. This man should be arrested immediately." ABP News
Surpiya Shrinate, an Indian National Congress leader, and many other leaders demanded his arrest. ABP News
• Call for Ethnic Cleansing in Kashmir
In 2023, he sparked another controversy after a video of him talking about the ethnic cleansing of Kashmir went viral on social media. In the video, he was teaching about how China occupied Tibet in 1959. He added that China tortured the people of Tibet, separated the members of their families, and sent them to different parts of China due to which they kept focusing on finding their family members rather than coming together to protest against China and fight for their independence. He compared Kashmir with the China-Tibet situation and said that Kishmir would also become a peaceful place if the Indian government had sent stone-pelting Kishmiris to various parts of India. The Free Press Journal
|Relationships & More
|Father- Name Not Known (contractor)
Mother- Name Not Known (Homemaker)
|Grandfather: Iqbal Ahmed Khan Rediff.com
|He has an elder brother who is serving the Indian Army.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Khan Sir
- Khan Sir is an Indian teacher who is known for his unique style of teaching, especially topics related to current affairs. He is the founder of Khan GS Research Centre.
- When he was studying in school, he became interested in joining the Indian Army and took the entrance exam for Sainik School; however, he could not clear the examination.
- He also appeared in the entrance exam for polytechnic; however, could not achieve a good rank.
- When he was studying in school, he became a member of the National Cadet Corps (NCC).
- In an interview, he talked about his IIT entrance examination day and said that he slept late at night before the examination; he could not wake up in the morning and missed his examination.
- Later, he appeared for the NDA examination and cleared it; however, he was eliminated in the physical round due to his bent arms.
- After he could not clear any competitive examination, his father asked him to learn some skills and get a job after which he learned how to do welding and drive a JCB machine.
- His friends Hemant, Sonu, and Pawan helped him in beginning his career in teaching.
- Initially, he started teaching at a coaching institute where he had only six students. Later, the number of students grew up to 40, then 50, and ultimately, more than 150 students started getting tutored by Khan Sir. In an interview, he told that he had become so popular among his students that the owner of the coaching institute feared that if he would leave the institute, the students might also leave, and the owner told him to remain in disguise and not to reveal his real name. Soon, he earned the name ‘Khan Sir.’ According to him, he is also known by the name Amit Singh among his students.
- In an interview, Khan Sir disclosed that he had once been offered a Rs. 107 crore package from a leading educational organization, but he later turned it down and opted to teach for a fee of just Rs. 200 instead.
- In 2019, he started a YouTube channel, Khan GS Research Centre, where he started uploading videos of various issues, especially current affairs. Soon, his channel became very popular for his unique style of teaching, and the channel went on to have more than 9.26 lakh subscribers.
- In 2019, a group of boys attacked Khan GS Research Centre situated in Musallahpur Hat in Patna, Bihar, with bombs, while Khan Sir was teaching History in a class. Reportedly, one of the boys in the group had a fight with Khan Sir and some other teachers of the institute as he took some books from the locker of library. After the vandalism was over, it was revealed that Khan Sir’s office was completely destroyed and the scooty of one of his students was damaged. Jagran
- In 2020, he launched an app, Khan Sir Official, on Google Play Store.
- On 24 April 2021, he uploaded a video on his YouTube channel that became viral. In the video, he talked about France-Pakistan relations and condemned the participation of children in Pakistan to protest against the French ambassador. He said,
ई रैली में ये बेचारा बचवा है. इसको क्या पता कि राजदूत क्या चीज होता है. कोई पता नहीं है. लेकिन फ्रांस को राजदूत को बाहर ले जाएंगे. इनको कुछ पता नहीं है. बाबू लोग, तुम लोग पढ़ लो. अब्बा के कहने पर मत आओ. अब्बा तो पंचर साट ही रहे हैं (माने बना ही रहे हैं). ऐसा ही तुम लोग भी करेगा तो बड़ा होकर तुम लोग भी पंचर साटेगा. तो पंचर मत साटो वरना तुमको तो पता ही है कि कुछ नहीं होगा तो चौराहा पर बैठकर मीट काटेगा तुम. बकलोल कहीं के. बताइए, ये उमर है बच्चों को यहां पर लाने का?”
लेकिन क्या ही कीजिएगा? 18-19 पैदा होंगे तो किस काम में आएंगे? कोई बर्तन धोयेगा, कोई बकरी काटेगा, कोई पंचर बनाएगा”
- After his video on France-Pakistan relations went viral, #ReportOnKhanSir started trending on Twitter.
- Khan Sir is known to present his content in a funny and satirical mode. He often quotes real-life examples and jokes in his videos.
- He has published many books on various competitive examinations.
- He is deeply committed to societal contributions and has established a Goshala, providing shelter for stray cows, in Patna and a library.
- In 2022, Khan Sir appeared on Sony TV’s ‘The Kapil Sharma Show.’ He was invited on the show along with Vivek Bindra, CEO & founder of Bada Business Pvt Ltd and a motivational speaker and Gaur Gopal Das, who is an Indian monk, lifestyle coach, and motivational speaker.
- When he appeared on Sony TV’s ‘The Kapil Sharma Show,’ it was revealed that he is followed by the Bollywood actress Raveena Tandon on Instagram.
- According to him, the fee for preparing for the UPSC examination is about Rs 2.5 lakhs, while he charges only Rs 7500 from his students.
- On ‘The Kapil Sharma Show,’ he revealed that his students who are financially unstable and can not pay their tuition fees, he teaches them free of cost.
- In an interview, he shared his life mantra and said that even if you are late in choosing the right career path, don’t lose hope and be fast and determined to achieve your goal. He also gave some real-life examples and said,
Be last, but be fast. Look at Baba Ramdev. He was the last one to join the race of selling Ayurveda products. Hamdard and other Ayurvedic companies were already selling these products, but it was Baba Ramdev who won the race. The same is the case with Reliance Jio. They too were the last ones to enter the telecom sector and they too beat all others.” Rediff
- In 2023, Khan Sir arranged a special event at his coaching centre to celebrate Raksha Bandhan. The event was attended by over 10,000 students from different batches. It was reported that Khan Sir personally met each of the girls and participated in the event, which extended for about two and a half hours. Following this, he made the claim that more than 7,000 students had tied rakhi on him during this event. He went on to say that this might be a world record since nothing like this had ever happened before. India Today
- In September 2023, Khan Sir received appreciation for his teaching skills from Amitabh Bachchan on the show Kaun Banega Crorepati Season 15; Khan Sir made an episodic appearance along with Zakir Khan, a comedian and poet, on the show. During the show, Khan Sir explained the concepts of electrons, protons, and neutrons to Amitabh Bachchan, who expressed his deep appreciation and stated that he would carry this knowledge with him throughout his life.