Kishore Kumar G Height, Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
|Birth name||Kishore Kumar Huli Kishore Kumar Huli - Instagram|
|Known for||Portraying the character of Veerappan in the Kannada film Attahasa in 2013
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper (semi bald)|
|Debut||Film (Kannada; as a supporting actor): Kanti as Beera (2004)
Film (Telugu; as a supporting actor): Happy as ACP Rathnam (2006)
Film (Tamil; as a supporting actor): Polladhavan as Selvam (2007)
Film (Malayalam; as a supporting actor): Thiruvambadi Thamban as Shakthivel (2012)
Web series (Telugu; as an actor): High Priestess as Vikram on Zee5 (2019)
Web series (Hindi; as a supporting actor): The Family Man as Imran Pasha on Amazon Prime Video (2019)
|Awards||• 2004: Karnataka State Film Award for Best Supporting Actor for the Kannada film Kanti
• 2005: Best Actor in a Supporting Role Award for the Kannada film Rakshasa at the Karnataka State Film Awards
• 2022: Best Actor in a Negative Role Award for the Hindi web series She season 2 at OTT Play Awards
|Date of Birth||14 August 1974 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||48 Years|
|Birthplace||Channapatna, Karnataka, India|
|Hometown||Channapatna, Karnataka, India|
|School||• St Teresa’s School, Kunigal, Tumakuru district, Karnataka Deccan Herald
• Sri Siddhartha High School, Kunigal, Tumakuru district, Karnataka Kishore Kumar Huli - Facebook
|College/University||• National College, Basavanagudi, Bengaluru
• Bangalore University, Bengaluru, Karnataka
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry
• Masters in Kannada Literature Kishore Kumar Huli - Facebook
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Year, 1999|
|Wife/Spouse||Vishalakshi Padmanabhan (co-founder of Buffalo Back Collective, which provides fresh organic vegetables in stores of Bengaluru)
|Parents||Father- Name not known (lecturer at a government college in Bengaluru)
Mother- Name not known (homemaker)
|Other Relative||Paternal uncle: D. R. Nagraj (an author and a political commentator)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kishore Kumar G
- Kishore Kumar G is an Indian actor and producer who primarily appears in Kannada, Tamil, and Telugu films. He made headlines in September 2022 for playing the role of Ravi Dasan in the Tamil film Ponniyin Selvan: I.
- Kishore and his wife, Vishalakshi Padmanabhan, both studied at the National College in Basavanagudi, Bengaluru, but Kishore was a senior to Vishalakshi.
- In an interview, Kishore talked about his teaching experience and revealed that his teaching methods were not appreciated by the college faculty. He said,
I believe you don’t need to teach literature; you discuss it and look at it from different perspectives. Of course, the management didn’t appreciate my approach, and by then I landed two films. I quit before they could throw me out.” The Hindu
- Kishore worked as an assistant to the fashion designer Vidyasagar, who was a professor at the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT).
- Kishore Kumar G produced a few films under his production banner, Visthaara. The News Minute
- In 2020, Kishore appeared in the Telugu web series Addham in which he played the role of Ramon on Aha.
- In 2022, Kishore appeared as Nayak in the Hindi web series She season 2 on Netflix. In an interview, Kishore talked about his experience of working in the Hindi web series She season 2 and revealed that he was not auditioned for the role of Nayak, but one of his videos related to farming grabbed the attention of the director Imtiaz Ali. He said,
Imtiaz Ali had never seen my work before. On a YouTube channel he saw a video of me doing farming. Seeing him, he felt that the hero he was looking for, Maybe I can handle that. Amar Ujala
- Kishore, in an interview, talked about the first time he performed for a play during his school days and said,
My first tryst with acting was in a school play when I was 11 years old. I studied at St Teresa’s School in Kunigal. One of my teachers, Josephine, who was pretty fond of me, forcefully made me act in a play. She chose me because I was good at memorising lines (my ability to memorise also ensured that I was among the top four ranks in class). In that play, I essayed the role of a marriage broker, who had to use devious means to get marriages fixed.” Deccan Herald
- While studying at the National College in Bengaluru, Kishore performed in various stage plays like Teregalu and Samrat Ashoka.
- Kishore, before pursuing his career in acting, worked as a salesman for newspapers like Deccan Herald and Prajavani.
- Kishore, along with his wife, Vishalakshi, practises organic farming at his farm, situated at Kari Kaadu Thota, near the Bannerghatta Biological Park in Bengaluru. In an interview, Kishore revealed that he spent most of his time doing farming during the lockdown amid Covid-19 and said,
I spent the lockdown devoted to full-fledged farming. Not much of it is carefully planned, as I am trying to make sense of what grows well there. We did, however, try our hand at growing green gram, cow pea, paddy and ragi, among others. The Times of India
- During an interview, Kishore revealed that had he not become an actor, he would be a farmer or a writer. He talked about his avid interest in farming and literature and said,
If I was not acting, I would have done farming, which I am still doing. I had a passion for literature, so my interest has been in writing, at this time I am also writing a film with a friend of mine.
- Kishore is an ardent follower of the philosophies of Jiddu Krishnamurti, a philosopher, speaker, and writer. The Times of India
- In April 2013, Kishore’s Kannada film, Attahasa, was selected to premiere at ASEAN International Film Festival in Kuching, Malaysia. The Times of India
- In an interview, on being asked how he evolved his interest in farming, Kishore replied,
Acting is just one part of my life; I took to natural farming in a big way while in college. I developed a love for farming when I went to live with my grandfather in his village some time ago. He single-handedly cultivated the field with minimal external intervention. I spent a lot of time observing his techniques and understood the importance of why man must give back to nature and strike an ecological balance.” Deccan Herald
- In September 2022, it was reported that Kishore would appear in a Bollywood film, Red Collar, directed by Chandrashekar Bandiyappa. The Times of India