Marital Status: Divorced
Hometown: Thummapala, Anakapalle, Andhra Pradesh
Age: 53 Years
|Profession||Actor, Screenwriter, Lyricist, Dubbing Artist|
|Known for||Playing the role of Sanga, Prabhas' character, Mahendra Baahubali's adoptive mother in the pan-India film Baahubali: The Beginning (2015)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Debut||As an actor-
Film (Hindi; as a child actor): Darar (1972) as Laajo
Film (Tamil; as a child actor): Mayor Meenakshi (1976)
Film (Malayalam; as a lead actor): Kakka (1982) as Devi
Film (Kannada; as a lead actor): Sri Chamundeshwari Pooja Mahime (1987) as Kumari Malathi
TV (Tamil): Chinna Chinna Aasai (1995) as Ganga on Sun TV
Web series (Telugu): Addham (2020) as Shanti on AHA
As a director- Chinna Chinna Aasai (1995) on Sun TV (image in TV debut)
As a dubbing artist- Geethanjali (1989) for Girija Shettar
|Awards||• 1995: National Film Award - Special Mention for the Telugu film Stri
• 1995: Nandi Special Jury Award for Rohini's performance in the Telugu film Stri
• 2009: Kalaimamani Award by the Government of Tamil Nadu for her contribution to the film industry
• 2017: Best Supporting Actress Award for the Malayalam film Guppy at the Vanitha Film Awards
• 2017: Best Supporting Actress Award for the Malayalam film Guppy at the CPC Cine Awards
• 2017: Best Supporting Actress Award for the Malayalam film Action Hero Biju at the Vanitha Film Awards
• 2017: Best Supporting Actress Award for the Malayalam film Action Hero Biju at the CPC Cine Awards
|Date of Birth||15 December 1969|
|Age (as of 2022)||53 Years|
|Birthplace||Thummapala, Anakapalle, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Thummapala, Anakapalle, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Year, 1996|
|Ex-Husband||Raghuvaran Velayutham (actor) (b.1958 ; d.2008)
|Children||Son- Rishi Varan (b.1998)
|Parents||Father- Appa Rao Naidu (a former panchayat officer)
Mother- Radha (homemaker)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rohini Molleti
- Rohini Molleti is an Indian actor, screenwriter, lyricist, and dubbing artist who predominantly works in Tamil, Telugu, and Malayalam films. She gained recognition in 2015 when she appeared in the pan-India film Baahubali: The Beginning in which she played the role of Sanga, Prabhas‘ character, Mahendra Baahubali’s adoptive mother. In 2022, Rohini received positive acclaim for her performance in the Tamil film Witness as Indrani, which was based on the deaths caused by manual scavenging.
- After the death of Rohini’s mother, her father got remarried when Rohini was five years old.
- In 2004, Rohini got legally separated from her husband, Raghuvaran Velayutham. He breathed his last on 19 March 2008, at the age of 49, in Chennai after suffering a cardiac arrest. Hindustan Times
- Rohini and her husband, Raghuvaran, together appeared in three films, which include the Malayalam films ‘Kakka’ (1982) and ‘Rugma’ (1983) and the Tamil film ‘Thotta Chinungi’ (1995).
- In 1989, Rohini started working as a dubbing artist for Tamil and Telugu films. Some of the popular actresses for whom she dubbed in her voice are Juhi Chawla for ‘Shanti Kranti'(1991), Aishwarya Rai for ‘Iruvar’ (1997), ‘Guru’ (2007), and ‘Raavanan’ (2010), and Manisha Koirala for ‘Bombay’ (1995), ‘Mappillai’ (2011), and ’99 Songs’ (2021).
- In 1991, Rohini played the lead role of Pavunnu in the Tamil film Pavunnu Pavunuthan. In 1993, she appeared as Elsamma in the Malayalam film Samaagamam.
- Rohini made her singing debut in 1995 with the song “Kanmaniye Kanmaniye” from the Tamil film Chinna Vathiyar.
- In 1995, Rohini was complimented for her performance in the Telugu film Stri in which she played the lead role of Rangi.
- Rohini worked as a lyricist in a few Tamil films like Pachaikili Muthucharam (2007) for “Unakkul Naane,” Villu (2009) for “Jalsa,” Mundhinam Paartheney (2010) for “Maya, Kanavena,” Maalai Pozhudhin Mayakathilaey (2012) for all songs, and Galatta Kalyanam (2020) for “Murali Mogha.”
- In 2008, Rohini directed a documentary film, Silent Hues: The Invisible Spectrum of Child Actors. In 2013, she directed the Tamil film Appaavin Meesai.
- Rohini hosted a few Tamil television shows like Kelvigal Aayiram on Star Vijay, Rohini’s Box Office on Raj TV, and Kelvigal Neram on Vendhar TV. In 2013, she hosted the Malayalam television show Kadha Ithu Vare on Mazhavil Manorama.
- Rohini was invited to judge the Malayalam comedy reality show Comedy Stars season 2 in 2019 on Asianet.
- In 2021, Rohini appeared as Valambal in the Tamil web series Navarasa on Netflix.
- In 2022, Rohini played the role of Vijayalakshmi in the Telugu film Sita Ramam and Indrani in the Tamil film Witness.
- In 2022, she appeared in three web series Meet Cute (Telugu) as Padma on SonyLIV, 9 Hours (Telugu) as Kamakshi on Disney+ Hotstar, and Freedom Fight (Malayalam) as Dhanalakshmi on SonyLIV.
- Rohini worked as the writer for the telefilm Geethanjali (Tamil) and Nerukku Neer (Malayalam) on Doordarshan.
- Rohini served as the former State Vice President of the Tamil Nadu Progressive Writers Artists Association.
- Being a nature lover, Rohini loves to connect, observe, and explore different colours of nature. She describes herself as a nemophilist. (one who is inclined towards nature and its serene views) Rohini Molleti- Facebook
- Rohini has a pet dog, Cleo, and she often posts pictures of her pet on social media.
- Being a social activist, Rohini actively participates in various social awareness campaigns and events and primarily works for promoting awareness among people regarding AIDS. To serve her purpose of creating social awareness, Rohini directed short films, based on AIDS prevention for the Tamil Nadu Dr M.G.R. Medical University and Tamil Nadu Aids Control Society.
- Rohini’s father, Appa Rao Naidu, desired to become an actor since his childhood. To fulfil his dream, he went on to various locations to give auditions but was not cast for any role. One day, he was accompanied by his daughter, Rohini, when she was five years old. The directors found Rohini suitable for a child role and selected her for their next film, which at last fulfilled her father’s dream.
- To keep herself fit and healthy, Rohini workouts regularly and often shares her pictures on social media.
- In 2022, Rohini appeared in a commercial for Gold Winner’s cooking oil.