Age: 43 Years
Marital Status: Divorced
Hometown: Guntur, Andhra Pradesh
|Real Name||Radha Krishna Jagarlamudi|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Debut||Telugu: Gamyam (2008)
Tamil: Vaanam (2011)
Bollywood: Gabbar is Back (2015)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Telugu for the film "Kanche" in 2015
• Nandi Award for Best Director for the film "Gamyam" in 2008
Filmfare Awards South
• Best Director–Telugu for the film "Gamyam" in 2009
• Best Director–Telugu for the film "Vedam" in 2011
|Date of Birth||11 November 1976 (Thursday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||43 Years|
|Birthplace||Guntur, Andhra Pradesh|
|Hometown||Guntur, Andhra Pradesh|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Bachelors of Pharmacy
• Masters Degree in Computer Science from New Jersey The Hindu kMitra Magazine
|Hobbies||Reading, Writing, Watching Films, and Sketching|
|Controversies||• After the release of the film 'Gautamiputra Satakarni,' S. S. Rajamouli conveyed his high regards for the film and even agreed to do an interview with Krish for television channels. When Krish's team had asked Rajamouli for his permission to use the interview for other media, Rajamouli agreed. Later, a Telugu newspaper published the interview in a manner that Rajamouli's interview looked like a letter written in appreciation of the film. This irked Rajamouli, and he asked Krish's team for a reasonable explanation. Rajamouli also posted about this on his social media account, informing that excerpts from his interview were presented in the form of a letter. Deccan Chronicle
• In 2018, Krish left the direction of film "Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi" midway due to creative differences with its lead Kangana Ranaut. It was speculated that Kangana had interfered with the direction of the film and had humiliated and shoved Krish out of the film. According to Kangana, she took the role of director, as Krish had been busy with his other film commitments. Times of India
• In 2019, after the release of the film "Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi," Kangana Ranaut claimed to have directed 70% of the film, which did not go well with Krish, the co-director of the film, who asserted that Kangana was taking the credits, she doesn't deserve. This angered Rangoli Chandel and she lashed out at him saying that Kangana had begged the director to take credit for the films but Krish did everything to ruin the film. In response to Rangoli, Krish, who said that he was fed-up of this controversy, wrote- India Today
"Kangana and I are both not going away from this industry so soon. I will direct many more films in future and so will she. People will know who stands where. I am sick and tired, of Kangana and the whole controversy."
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Pragya Jaiswal (rumoured)
|Marriage Date||7 August 2016|
|Marriage Place||The Golkonda Resorts, Hyderabad|
|Wife/Spouse||Ramya Velaga (doctor; d. 2018)
|Parents||Father- Saibabu Jagarlamudi (Producer)
Mother- Anjana Devi Jagarlamudi
|Book||"The Hero with a Thousand Faces" by Joseph Campbell|
|Politician||P. V. Narasimha Rao|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Krish
- Krish likes to linger around coffee shops and explore good food and restaurants in his free time. He also likes to play Volleyball.
- Krish’s love for history and stories was implanted in him by his grandfather, Jagarlamudi Ramanayya, a police officer. His grandfather introduced him to the books like “Amar Chitra Katha” and magazines like “Chandamama.” His grandfather also used to take him to tour in Amravati, which according to Krish, as a child, was an exciting place to learn about history and culture.
- Krish’s interest in films and stories was there with him, since his childhood. During his school days, Krish often bunked his classes to watch his favourite films, with his friends, Satyanarayana(Satti) and Vinod. Krish and his friends were known as ‘Three Musketeers’ in their school days.
- Krish went to New Jersey for his further studies, where he started writing short stories in a specific format. He used to share his writings with his friends, who suggested him to make his career in writing.
- After completing his studies, he returned to India to make his career in filmmaking. He told his motive to become a director to his parents; they showed hesitation at first but agreed later. He showed his script to many producers but nobody listened to his story. Finally, his father, brother-in-law, Bibo Srinivas, and his friend, Rajiv Reddy, decided to produce his film. This is how; he made his debut with the film “Gamyam” (2008), which turned out to be a blockbuster.
- Krish directed many hit Telugu films such as ‘Vedam’ 2010, ‘Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum’ (2012), ‘Kanche’ (2015), and ‘Gautamiputra Satakarni’ (2017).
- He was accredited as the co-director of the film “Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi” (2019) starring and co-directed by Kangana Ranaut.
- He lives with the motto of ‘Carpe Diem,’ a Latin aphorism which translates to “seize the day.” Krish believes in living in the present while thinking a little of the future.
References/Sources: [ + ]