|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)
|Bollywood: Titoo MBA (2014)
Tamil: Virattu (2014)
Telugu: Dega (2014)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements
|2016: 63rd Filmfare Awards South Best Female Debut for the film Kanche
2016: 5th SIIMA Best Female Debut (Telugu) for the film Kanche
2016: CineMAA Awards Best Female Debut for the film Kanche
2016: 18th Ugadi Puraskaralu Awards Best Female Debut for the film Kanche
2016: Zee Telugu Apsara Awards Find of the Year for the film Kanche
2016: TSR – TV9 National Film Awards Best Debut Actress for the film Kanche
|Date of Birth
|24 June 1988 (Friday)
|Age (as of 2022)
|Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, India
|Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, India
|Symbiosis Law School, Pune
|Symbiosis International University, Pune
|A degree in law ETimes
|Relationships & More
|Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Surekha Jaiswal (homemaker)
|Sister- Pranjul Jaiswal
|Allu Arjun, Akkineni Nagarjuna
|Anushka Shetty, Madhuri Dixit
|Bollywood- Krish (2006)
|Black, White, Red
- Pragya Jaiswal is an Indian model and actress. She is known for working in Telugu, Tamil, and Hindi language films.
- She was inclined towards acting and drama since childhood.
- In 2008, she participated in the Femina Miss India 2008 beauty contest, where she won the titles of Miss Fresh Face, Miss Dancing Queen, and Miss Friend Earth by beauty contest Femina Miss India 2008.
- Pragya made her Tamil cinema debut in Kumar T’s multilingual thriller film ‘Virattu,’ which was released on 21 March 2014 by White Candy Entertainment. Pragya played the character of Mavi in the film. Sujiv, Erica Fernandes, Pragya Jaiswal, and Manobala were among the film’s lead actors. Her debut film earned a lot of praise from the public for her acting abilities. Pragya also played Mavi in the Telugu version of the film, named ‘Dega.’She made her Bollywood debut in the same year with Amit Vats’ directorial hindi film ‘Titoo MBA.’ She portrayed Gulshan in the film alongside Nishant Dahiya, Amit Mehra, Abhishek Kumar, and Satwant Kaur. On November 21, 2014, the film was released in theatres. When asked how she got the chance to work as a lead in a Bollywood film, she answered,
I think destiny. I feel everything has its right time and y whenever the universe thinks you are ready for it, it will come to you. I never got impatient as I always had work down South. I was trying for Hindi films as well. Now, the time seems right and some good things are happening in life. So, let’s hope things get better soon so that I can talk about what I want to talk about.”
- In 2015, Pragya Jaiswal landed the character of Vasundara in the Telugu film ‘Mirchi Lanti Kurradu,’ alongside Varun Tej. She performed the part of Seetha Devi’s daughter, a very affluent woman who adored a Hari Babu played by Varun Tej. She grew in fame as a result of her part in the film, and she was given opportunities to work with prominent Telugu filmmakers. Following that, she appeared in the Telugu-language romantic war film ‘Kanche.’ Varun Tej, Nikitin Dheer, Srinivas Avasarala, and Gollapudi Maruti Ra round up the cast. When asked about her role in the film, the actress stated,
I am really excited about the opportunity and i am looking forward to working on the project. I play a girl from 1930s. This character transported me to a different time zone. You know, even after the shoot got over, it took me a while to get back to my normal self. I got so involved in the project that even when I was at home, I’d wear a bindi, and my mom would ask me if everything was all right with me.”
- Kanche was a huge box office hit due to its odd plot and excellent narration. Pragya Jaiswal received several awards for her role in ‘Kanche,’ including the Zee Telugu Apsara Award for Best Debut Actress, the 18th Ugadi Puraskaralu Award for Best Debut Actress, the CineMAA Award for Best Female Debut, the Filmfare Award for Best Debut Female (Telugu), and the SIIMA Award for Best Debutant Female (Telugu). It is rare for a young actress to take on a historical role so early in her career, but Pragya surpassed expectations and received considerable praise. When questioned why she picked such a daring career, she replied,
It really didn’t matter to me. Varun and I just surrendered to director Krish Jagarlamudi, and it was so much fun. I had auditioned for Akshay Kumar’s ‘Gabbar is Back.”
- In 2014, she received the Symbiosis Sanskritik Puraskar for her achievement in the field of art & culture.
- She starred in J. K. Bharavi’s Telugu-language devotional biographical film ‘Om Namo Venkatesaya’ in 2017. The film starred Nagarjuna, Anushka Shetty, Jagapathi Babu, Saurabh Raj Jain, Sai Kumar, and Pragya Jaiswal. The 144-minute film, produced by AMR Sai Krupa Entertainment, was released on February 10, 2017. Despite the fact that the narrative was favourably praised, the picture fared poorly at the box office. Several news sites said that the film’s failure was due to the actors’ lacklustre on-screen appearance. According to one of the news organisations,
The grandeur on display is unquestionable and the film is certainly a visual treat. But the actors, in their fine splendour, seem to dully run through the motions and the film fails to strike a chord overall.”
- She next participated in another Telugu-language film, this time in the action comedy genre. Sree Varun Atluri produced the film ‘Gunturodu,’ which was released on 3 March 2017 under the Claps & Whistles Entertainments banner. Manchu Manoj, Pragya Jaiswal, Rajendra Prasad, Sampath Raj, and Rao Ramesh completed the film’s main cast. Following that, she starred in ‘Nakshatram,’ a Telugu-language action drama directed by Krishna Vamsi. Sundeep Kishan, Tanish, Regina Cassandra, Pragya Jaiswal, and Prakash Raj had pivotal roles in the film, which was released on 4 August 2017, under the production banners of Sri Chakra Media, Butta Bomma Creations, and Win Win Win Creations. ‘Akhanda,’ the next film by Nandamuri Balakrishna, was released in theatres on 2 December 2021.
- Since its theatrical release, the picture has gotten positive feedback from both critics and spectators. In the commercial entertainment, Balakrishna and Pragya Jaiswal play pivotal parts. Netizens haven’t stopped talking about the film on social media since its OTT release, with #Akhanda becoming one of the top trending topics on Twitter today! The film’s social media reaction has been overwhelmingly positive, with people appreciating Balakrishna’s performance.
My look in the film is very different. The director, Boyapati sir, went through my look from every single previous film of mine, and he made sure that I do something different and unique in this film, yet sticking to the character that I am playing. So that was a huge challenge for him, but he wanted to give complete changeover and freshness to my character,He has worked very hard and gone into every single detail to design this look for me, and I am really looking forward to the film’s release. I can’t wait for the audience to see our labour of love. It’s Boyapati sir’s film, so you know it’s going to be a theatre movie, and there is going to be a lot of action, drama and fun. It’s a super exciting story.”
- In 2022, she co-starred with Bollywood superstar Salman Khan in the Hindi language music video ‘Main Chala.’ For this particular initiative, Salman Khan has collaborated with Bhushan Kumar. Salman Khan Films and T-Series collaborated on the track ‘Main Chala.’ The song’s unique element was that the superstar himself appeared in it and accompanied Pragya Jaiswal. At the same time, Iulia Vantur and Guru Randhawa will give voice to the song. The Bajrangi Bhaijaan actor was seen sporting a beard and long hair. Iulia Vantur’s rich voice captured millions of hearts while Guru Randhawa was dressed to the nines for the romantic performance. Salman Khan, a Bollywood superstar, released a teaser for the song on Friday (January 21), leaving everyone flabbergasted and taking social media by storm.
I had to pinch myself that I was being a part of a romantic song with Salman sir. It’s a beautiful song. Guru Randhawa and Iulia Vantur have given their melodious voice to this romantic melody. I am pretty confident that the song will be liked by the people who are going to hear and watch it. It was lovely. I mean he is an amazing person and he is in this industry for the longest time more than 30 years so it feels like a blessing you know to work with him, to work with Guru to work with Pragya. It was a wonderful team and I am happy to be a part of this song. We mainly shot the song and there was a bit of dialogues that I had shot with Salman sir. But looking at the larger interest of the film, it was not retained. Our track was not going well with the story and this has been clarified in the past by Salman sir multiple times. But my favorite portion from the film is the song which is coming out now so it is the best thing that can happen so I am really happy and truly grateful.”
- She has done endorsements for various popular brands like Dove Shampoo, FBB (Fashion at Big Bazaar), Millennium Hypermarket for Dubai & UAE, Dabur Vatika Anti-Dandruff Shampoo, Reliance Digital, Ensure Health Drink, Malabar Gold Jewelry, etc.
- Before embarking on a career in modelling and acting, the actress pursued a degree in law. When questioned about it, she stated,
When I look back, I am not sure how it happened but it happened really organically. When I was in Law school in Pune, I did some modelling on the side for some pocket money. Acting after that was a natural progression. But moving to modelling from law, wasn’t something I thought much about. I was getting offers and I was taking them, but after finishing law school I understood that it wasn’t where my passion lied. I wanted to do more modelling and acting.”
- Form 2016 to 2017, the actress served as the brand ambassador for South India Shopping Mall and R.S. Brothers.
- Pragya Jaiswal believes in Lord Ganesh and she also celebrates the festival of Ganesh Chaturthi at her home.
- She an avid animal lover, and she has a pet dog named Nico at her home.
- Pragya Jaiswal enjoys baking cakes. She shares her quick cake recipes on her YouTube channel “Pragya Jaiswal.”