Boyfriend: Rajnikant Jaiswal
Hometown: Thane, Maharashtra
Age: 23 Years
Some Lesser Known Facts About Krupa Bhalerao
- Krupa Bhalerao is a professional and full-time martial arts athlete and instructor holding the 3rd Dan Black Belt under World Funakoshi Shotokan Karate Organization.
- Krupa has been practising martial arts under Master Prafful B. Pawar from the age of 5 and has been trained in various types and styles like Wrestling, Aikido, Sqay Martial Arts, Judo, Kick Boxing, Archery, Historical European Martial Arts, Taekwondo, Alpagut Combat Sport, and Weapons.
- Krupa has won 146 Gold Medals, 64 Silver Medals, 21 Bronze Medals, and 41 Grand Championship Trophies.
- Krupa has played District, State, National level Tournaments. Krupa has also represented India in Asian, International, and World Championship Tournaments.
- She has represented Maharashtra State in Goa, Bangalore, Punjab, Haryana, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat and many more. Krupa has also represented India in Belarus, Sri Lanka, Poland, Portugal, Malaysia, South Africa, Dubai, etc. for World Championship Tournaments.
- She has been practising martial arts for the past 18 years and also teaching Martial Arts since 2012.
- In an interview, Krupa said her best World Championship till now is her 1st World Championship which was held in Belarus. Krupa says after winning the championship only for me our country’s National Anthem was played, and it was the proudest moment of my life.
- In the journey of martial arts, everyone was against her except her mother. Due to the family’s daily torcher and bullying, Krupa faced depression in her teenage.
- A turn in her career came in 2012 when Krupa got selected for her 1st World Championship. 7 athletes were selected from India, but only Krupa won Gold and Silver and a World Championship. A total of 23 Countries participated in the tournament and Krupa played a total of 11 rounds and in the final round, Krupa had to defeat a male opponent and finally, she won her 1st World Championship in Belarus.
- In 2016, Krupa got a major head injury, and due to it, she took a two and half years gap from Martial Arts in 2019.
- She got an opportunity to play in World Championship, but due to her health and lack of training, she was completely week. it was her partner who always keeps on motivating her and made her ready for her World Championship 2019.
- Krupa always says there are 3 strong pillars of my life 1st her mother Mrs. Pooja Bhalerao, 2nd her coach Prafful Pawar, and 3rd her partner Rajnikant Jaiswal who always keep her strong.
- She has participated in Karate under 55 kg category and open weight category.
- She is an 8-time World Champion and has represented India in Belarus, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Dubai.