Age: 42 Years
Wife: Veena Sharma
|Famous For||Singing Himachali Folk Songs (Nati Songs)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||Singing Himachali Folk Songs (Nati Songs)|
|Famous For||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Debut||Audio Song : Supne Di Mili Bolo Ameya Tu Meriye
|Date of Birth||26 August 1977 (Friday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||42 Years|
|Birthplace||Theog, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh|
|Hometown||Theog, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh|
|Educational Qualification||12th Standard|
|Address||Village Tatrog, Tehsil Theog, District Shimla, Himachal Pradesh|
|Hobbies||Dancing and Travelling|
|Tattoo(s)||He got many tattoos inked on his body out of which one is a tattoo of a guitar on his arm.
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Son- Swardeep Sharma|
|Parents||Father-Late Babu Ram Sharma
Mother- Late Beggi Devi Sharma
|Siblings||Sister(s): Two Younger Sisters|
|Favourite Punjabi Singer||Satinder Sartaaj|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kuldeep Sharma
- Kuldeep Sharma is a popular Himachali singer. He is famous as ‘Nati King’ in the state.
- His mother was a famous local singer, and he got training in singing from his mother.
- When he was in 7th class, he participated in school singing competitions and won many prizes.
- In 1994, he auditioned for AIR Shimla at the age of 16 and got selected. The judges were so impressed by his singing that they offered him to record three songs with them.
- In 1997, he performed for the first time on stage in Dharamshala Summer Festival.
- Later, he released his album, but it was a big flop. After that, he remixed a few old Himachali songs and released his album; it was a big hit.
- In the Bollywood movie Kurukshetra (2000), his song ‘Ban than chali bolo,’ was remixed by the singer Sukhwinder Singh. Divya Himachal
- His first original song was ‘Supne Di mili bolo Ameya tu meriye,’ which was released under the guidance of his mentor and maternal uncle, Liaq Ram Rafiq.
- Later, TM music company of Punjab called him to record songs for them, and they released seven albums with him. All his albums were a big hit, and Kuldeep became a well-known singer of Himachal Pradesh.
- Reportedly, he has released a few Bhajan video album, which was also a big hit.
- Some of his famous Himachali songs are- ‘Rohru jana meri aamiye,’ ‘Meri Preeti Zinta kindi chali tu,’ ‘Meri Monika,’ ‘Dhola Ra dhamaka,’ and ‘Pata paani Ra ho meri gaangiye.’
- He has released many hit Himachali albums, some of which are- Himachali Geet Dhamaka (2005), Naati Fever (2016), and Chal Baliye (2016). He has recorded more than 100 audio and video albums.
- On 6 May 1995, he was awarded by ‘Hind Sangram Parishad’ for his tremendous work in the field of music.
- He has been awarded the best ‘Pahari Singer’ for two times. He has also won the Pahari Mrinal Award and Him Shri Award.
- He has performed at both the national and international podiums and has promoted the culture of Himachal across the globe.
- In 2019, he recorded two songs for the Hindi film- Van Rakshak.
- He was roped in for the Bollywood movie ‘Yaariyan’ (2020) starring Shakti Kapoor and Surender Pal.
- He is a follower of Sant Nirankari Mission and attends Satsang whenever he gets time.
- He is one of the youngest singers of All India Radio Shimla.
- His son is following his footsteps and performs with him in various stage shows.
References/Sources: [ + ]