Some Lesser Known Facts About Satinder Sartaaj
- Does Satinder Sartaaj smoke?: No
- Does Satinder Sartaaj drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Satinder Sartaj was born in an ordinary farmer family.
- When he was in 3rd class, he started performing at the Baal-Sabhas & this marked the beginning of his journey.
One night, he was sleeping in a hostel & woke up at 3 am, he tried but couldn’t sleep again then he picked up the paper-pen and starts writing the song & the last line was Tere Sir Taareyan Da Taj Ve. At that moment, he adopted the surname Sartaaj.
- In 2010, he got worldwide popularity from his song Sai.
- He is known for high qualifications in Sufi and classical music.
- He taught in Deptt. Of Music, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- He was the contestant in Zee Antakshari Show hosted by Annu Kapoor.
- He is too much inspires by the nature & very serious about the aspects of life.
- He is inspired from Jalludin Rumi, Shams Tabrizi (Persian Muslim Poets).
- According to Sartaaj, Sufi music connects him with God.
- In 2003, he featured in a documentary on the Life of Sayyad Waris Shah on Zee Punjabi.
- He was crowned with the Best Sufi Singer Award at Dubai International Cultural Festival and The Youth Icon Award from Rotaract Club Chandigarh.
- He also won the title for Punjab Heritage Foundation, Patiala.
- He has received an Award of Honors From various institutions & organizations like Punjab University Chandigarh, Punjabi University Patiala, Army Head Quarters Chandigarh, Indian Microelectronics Society, Global Punjab Organization Delhi, OSHO World Delhi & Panchkula, Deputy Commissioner Mansa & DAV group of Institutions.