Age: 45 Years
Wife: Pipi Goswami
|Full Name||Arnab Ranjan Goswami|
|Profession(s)||Journalist, News Anchor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Date of Birth||9 October 1973|
|Age (as in 2018)||45 Years|
|Birthplace||Guwahati, Assam, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||Guwahati, Assam, India|
|School(s)||• Mount St. Mary's School, Delhi Cantonment
• Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jabalpur Cantonment
|College/University||• Hindu College, Delhi University, New Delhi
• Oxford University, England
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Graduation in Sociology
• Masters in Social Anthropology
|Debut||TV: NDTV (1995-Present)|
|Address (Republic TV)||Bombay Dyeing Compound, Worli, Mumbai 400 018|
|Hobbies||Reading, Travelling, Watching Movies|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||2003: Asian Television Award for Best Presenter or Anchor
2007: Society Young Achievers Award
2010: Assamese of the Year Award by News Live
2010: Ramnath Goenka Award for Excellence in Journalism (TV) by the Indian Express Group
|Controversies||• In March 2015, while he was driving towards Worli in Mumbai, he saw a businessman driving his Lamborghini car at a high speed on the Bandra Worli Sea Link. After that, Arnab called the Mumbai Police to take some action, and Police arrested the businessman later.
• In May 2017, The Bennett Coleman & Co. Ltd (BCCL), which owns TimesNow TV channel, lodged a police complaint against Republic TV's Editor-in-Chief Arnab Goswami, claiming infringement of Intellectual Property Rights and other charges.
• Some criticised the way of his talking in the TV panel discussion. A CPI (Communist Party of India) activist, Kavita Krishnan, denounced his channel for branding rape-accused as a rapist, terror-accused as a terrorist.
• On May 26, 2017, Congress MP Shashi Tharoor lodged a defamation case in the Delhi High Court against Goswami's TV channel Republic TV for linking Tharoor to Sunanda Pushkar's death.
• On 30 August 2018, the News Broadcasting Standards Authority (NBSA) asked the Republic TV to release a full-screen apology to its viewers for the inappropriate comments that Arnab Goswami had made during the broadcast of a programme 'Jignesh Flop Show' on Republic TV.
|Girls, Affairs, and More|
|Parents||Father- Manoranjan Goswami (Retd. Colonel)
Mother- Suprabha Goswami
Sister- 1 (Indian Defence Service)
|Favourite Politician||Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Favourite Musician||Bhupen Hazarika (Assamese Playback Singer)|
|Salary (approx.)||₹1 Crore/Month|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Arnab Goswami
- Does Arnab Goswami smoke?: Not Known
- Does Arnab Goswami drink alcohol?: Not Known
- His family belongs to a village in Assam’s Borpeta district. Later, his family migrated to Shillong and finally settled in Guwahati.
- His grandfather, Rajani Kanta Goswami was a judge and a freedom fighter who served as a leader of the Indian National Congress.
- His uncle, Dinesh Goswami, was the union law minister in the short-lived Vishwanath Pratap Singh government.
- When Arnab was in 6th standard, he got interested in debate contests.
- Arnab was born into an Assamese Bengali Brahmin family.
- He started his career as a journalist in early 1990s with ‘The Telegraph‘ newspaper in Kolkata.
- In 1995, he joined NDTV as a news broadcaster and after 3 years, he became a news editor.
- He also worked as a news anchor in DD Metro channel and Star News, alongside Rajdeep Sardesai.
- In 1998, his father contested for BJP in the general election from Guwahati, but he lost to Congress candidate, Bhubaneswar Kalita.
- His father was in the Indian Army, so his childhood was spent in different cities due to the transferable job of his father.
- The first TV interview was with Sonia Gandhi.
- In 2002, he authored his first book, ‘Combating Terrorism: The Legal Challenge.’
- In 2015, during a debate on a Times Now show, the Trinamool Congress (TMC) leader Mahua Moitra showed her middle finger to Goswami on air.
- In the same year, he became the 1st journalist to ring the opening bell at the BSE on its 140th year.
- Though, he has an image of not letting others speak on his show, but, in real life, he is a good listener.
- His sister works for Indian Defence and his brother-in-law is in Indian Army.
- He considers Assamese singer, Late Bhupen Hazarika as his role model.
- In November 2016, he shocked everyone after announcing his departure from Times Now, to start his venture, Republic TV.
- On 6 May 2017, he launched his own English news channel Republic TV, that became the first news channel in India to be aired live on Hotstar.
- Republic TV beat its rival channel in English genre Times Now and grabbed the #1 spot within a week of its launch.