Other name Maria Shafiq Facebook
Nickname(s) • Mìņńîę Qùéèņ
• Chãrmíñg Ãttītüdë Facebook
Name earned Lady Chand Nawab
Known for Her viral short clip of slapping a boy while she was reporting on the Eid al-Adha festival in July 2022
Physical Stats & More
Height (approx.) in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
Eye Colour Black
Hair Colour Black
Date of Birth 24 January 1998 (Saturday)
Age (as of 2022) 24 Years
Birthplace Lahore, Pakistan
Zodiac sign Aquarius
Hometown Lahore, Pakistan
Food Habit Non-vegetarian Instagram
Political Inclination Pakistan People's Party
Relationships & More
Marital Status Unmarried
Affairs/Boyfriends Not Known
Parents Father- Taj Mohammed (died on 27 December 2007)
Mother- Name Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Maira Hashmi
- Maira Hashmi is a Pakistani journalist who made headlines in July 2022 after she slapped a boy while she was reporting on the Eid al-Adha festival.
- Maira Hashmi grew up in Lahore, Pakistan.
- Her father, Taj Mohammed, was the personal security guard of Bilawal Bhutto Zardari’s mother, Benazir Bhutto. On 27 December 2007, her father died along with Benazir Bhutto in a suicide blast.
- On 23 February 2018, she joined Neo News HD as a reporter.
- In 2019, she joined Lahore Rang as a reporter.
- In 2021, she created a video on the viral video ‘Yeh humaari car hai, aur yeh hum hai. Aur yeh humari pawri ho rahi hai’ of Dananeer Mobeen.
View this post on Instagram
- In 2022, she interviewed Bilawal Bhutto Zardari following which it was rumoured that both were in a relationship. Later, Maira took to social media to clarify that Bilawal Bhutto Zardari was like her brother.
- Maira is often spotted supporting the Pakistan People’s Party.
- On 10 July 2022, after her video of slapping a boy during her reporting on the Eid al-Adha festival went viral, netizens started comparing her with Pakistani journalist Chand Nawab, and she even earned the name Lady Chand Nawab.
So how was your day? pic.twitter.com/FqOxNNmlBc
— Naila Inayat (@nailainayat) July 11, 2022
- As the clip left most netizens divided, Hashmi took to Twitter to explain herself. She wrote,
This guy was bothering a family during the interview, which made the family upset. I first tried to nicely tell him that his behaviour was not good, but it fell on deaf ears and he resorted to bothering the family even more. I, therefore, decided that the boy’s behaviour should no longer be tolerated.”
- She loves travelling, dancing, and singing, and she often shares videos of her dancing on Instagram.
- She remains active on various social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. She has more than 8k followers on Instagram.