Some Lesser Known Facts About Manny Pacquiao
- Does Manny Pacquiao smoke?: Not Known
- Does Manny Pacquiao drink Alcohol?: Not Known
- Manny was born in a very poor family in Kibawe, Bukidnon, Philippines, when Manny was two years old, his family moved to an isolated place, where he spent his early life with five siblings in a single room.
- Manny’s early life spent in poverty. When Manny was a kid, he wanted to be a priest.
- He was impressed by Bruce Lee in his childhood. Bruce Lee’s speed and agility appealed to him. He started to emulate Bruce-Lee.
- When he became 6 or 7 years old, he got his first job as an assistant to an old fisherman.
- Manny had his first fist fight when he was 9 years old. It was between him and some schoolboys who were bullying his younger brother Bobby.
- In 1990, he saw his first professional boxing bout between James Buster Douglas and Mike Tyson in Tokyo.
- During his teen ages, he left General Santos City and went to Manila. His first job in Manila was scraping the rust off the local Metal Yard.
- Sometimes, he was out of work and he had nothing to eat, at that time he would go to some restaurants and wash dishes in exchange for foods.
- When he was in Manila, he met Ben Delgado, owner of a Gym in Sampaloc. Delgado agreed to train Manny and even allowed him to stay in a small room inside the gym.
- Manny started his career in a local boxing show on television called Blow by Blow, where he was paid two dollars per fight.
- To qualify for Blow by Blow, Manny had to cheat, he was under 18 and weighed less than required 100 pounds. He told the producers that he was 18 and he put some steel balls in his pockets.
- In 1996, He experienced his first loss after getting knocked out by his opponent Rustico Torrecampo.
- In a Match for Oriental and Pacific Boxing Federation Flyweight title, Manny won his first Belt after knocking out his opponent Chokchai chockvivat in fifth round.
- Manny met his future wife Jinkee for the first time in General Santos Mall where she worked as beauty consultant.
- Manny has new pet named Jack Russel Terrier who shares the same nickname ‘Pacman’ with his owner. His dog accompanies with him during running.
- In 2007, he ran for congressional seat of the first district of South Cotabato. At that time Manny was defeated by then incumbent congresswoman Darlene Antonino-Custodio.
- In 2008, after defeating David Diaz, Manny became the first Filipino fighter to ever win a world title in light weight.
- Manny is a Philanthropist, he donates one million pesos to a hospital in GenSan every time he has got fight.
- He is featured in some boxing video games as Fight Night Round 2, Fight Night Round 3 and Fight Night Round 4.
- In 2009, Manny was included in Time Magazine’s Most influential people of the world.
- He has a tattoo of glove on his chest, that was done by Manny himself and he has many other tattoos over his body.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)