|Real Name||Amir Iqbal Khan|
|Profession||British professional boxer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 174 cm
in meters- 1.74 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8½”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 70 kg
in Pounds- 155 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 40 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 14 Inches
|Professional Debut||16 July 2005 vs David Bailey|
|Coach/Mentor||Oliver Harrison (July 2005 – April 2008)
Jorge Rubio (July 2008 – September 2008)
Freddie Roach (October 2008 – September 2012)
Virgil Hunter (September 2012 – present)
|Likes to fight against||Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez|
|Records (main ones)||• In 2003, won a Gold Medal at the AAU Junior Olympic Games.
• In 2004, won a Silver Medal at the Athens Olympics.
• In 2009, won the World Title for WBA light-welterweight champion.
• In 2011, won the World Title (Super Title) for WBA light-welterweight champion.
• In 2012, again won the World Title (Super Title) for WBA light-welterweight champion.
|Career Turning Point||In July 2009, when he won the World Title for WBA light-walterweight champion by defeating Andreas Kotelnik.|
|Date of Birth||8 December 1986|
|Age (as in 2016)||30 Years|
|Birth Place||Bolton, Greater Manchester, England|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Hometown||Greater Manchester, England|
|School||Smithills School, Bolton, Greater Manchester, England|
|College||Bolton College, Bolton, Greater Manchester, England|
|Educational Qualifications||Two year Sports Development Diploma|
|Family||Father- Shah Khan
Mother- Falak Khan
Brother- Haroon Khan (Boxer)
Sisters- Tabinda Khan, Mariyah Khan
|Hobbies||Playing Cricket, Basketball and Football|
|Controversies||• On 23 October 2007, he was convicted for careless driving and was awarded with six-month driving ban and a £1000 fine by Bolton Crown Court.
• On 26 October 2007, he was accused of over-speeding and was was charged with not producing his insurance certificate and driving licence.
• On 7 January 2008, he was banned for 42 days for speeding offence and was fined £1000.
|Favourite Food||Fish, chips, mushy peas, chilli chicken, lamb doners and lamb Korai|
|Favourite Boxer||Muhammad Ali|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Wife||Faryal Makhdoom, Pakistani-American student (married 31 May 2013)
Daughter- Lamaisah Khan (born 23 May 2014)
|Salary||$600,000 (as in 2013)|
|Net Worth||$30 Million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Amir Khan
- Does Amir Khan smoke?: Not Known
- Does Amir Khan drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He was born and raised to a Rajput Family in Bolton, Greater Manchester, England.
- His family roots are in Matore village of Kahuta Tehsil in Rawalpindi distrcit, Pakistan.
- He is an active supporter of Muslim Writers Awards and is a member of Naqshabandi Sufi Order.
- His younger brother, Haroon “Harry” Khan, is an undefeated professional boxer.
- English cricketer Sajid Mahmood is his cousin brother.
- In his childhood, he was overactive and when he was 8 years old, his father took him to Bolton Lads boxing gym to utilize his energy.
- He started boxing competitively at an early age of 11.
- One of his popular early amateur fights was against Victor Ortiz as he defeated him in a second round stoppage.
- At the 2004 Athens Olympic Games, he was Britain’s sole representative.
- In 2004, when he won Silver Medal at the Athens Olympics, he became Britain’s youngest Olympic boxer since Colin Jones in 1976.
- In July 2009, he became Britain’s 3rd youngest Boxing World Champion when he won the WBA light-walterweight title by defeating Andriy Kotelnik.
- He is fluent in Urdu, English and Punjabi languages.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)