Some Lesser Known Facts About Vijender Singh
- Does Vijender Singh smoke?: No
- Does Vijender Singh drink alcohol?: No
- Vijender was born into a poor family and had no money to receive any kind of training in boxing.
- He is the first Indian boxer to win an Olympic medal after beating Ecuadorian “Carlos Gongora” 9-4.
- He was signed for a Bollywood film in 2011, but due to his marriage, the producer dropped him considering that he won’t be as popular among females.
- He was trained by former national-level boxer and coach Jagdish Singh, and Gurbaksh Singh Sandhu.
- He made an appearance in Salman Khan’s “Dus Ka Dum” game show with actress Mallika Sherawat.
- Once, his job was to protect actress Priyanka Chopra from the crowd, during a rally in Pune.
- His hometown, Bhiwani in Haryana is known as “Little Cuba” for producing many world class boxers.
- In 2014, he made his Bollywood debut with film “Fugly.”
- Apart from Mary Kom, he is the only Indian to have won the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award.
- In 2009, he was ranked No.1 in the world in the middleweight (75 kg) category by the International Boxing Association.
- He is a good fried of actor Akshay Kumar.
- In 2013, he entered the Bigg Boss 7 house only to meet wrestler Sangram Singh.
- He wanted to be a soldier.
- In 2015, he signed a deal with UK’s famous Queensberry Promotions.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡