Some Lesser Known Facts About Matt Damon
- Does Matt Damon smoke ? – No
- Matt’s parents got divorced when he was only two. Matt and his brother came back to Cambridge with his mother, where they lived in a six-family communal house.
- Matt was raised in “by the book” child-rearing, Matt could never profoundly find his self-identity. He went to an Alternative School – where he was a good student but had terrifying first two years because of short stature.
- Damon did theater at school and has great respect for his teacher Gerry Speca, although Ben Affleck, his schoolmate, gets a lot of credit and speeches!
- Matt was in Harvard University and lived in the Lowell House, Harvard College. He wrote the first draft of Good Will Hunting for an English class at Harvard. He dropped out of his course to take the lead role in the movie Geronimo: An American Legend.
- Forbes magazine ranked him as the most bankable and one of the highest-engrossing stars of all time.
- Matt has been decorated with several awards including the ultimate Academy Awards from four nominations and two Golden Globe Awards. He’s been nominated for two British Academy Film Awards and five Emmy Awards.
- Matt Damon not only acted in Good Will Hunting, but also wrote it, starring alongside with Ben Affleck.The movie won them an Academy Award and a Golden Globe for screenplay and earned Matt Damon a nomination for Best Actor.
- Damon owns two production companies with Affleck – Pearl Street Films, a Warner Bros. based production company and Live Planet.
- Damon is involved in the charitable work with ONE Campaign, H2O Africa Foundation, Feeding America, and Water.org.
- Academy Award for the script of Good Will Hunting was handed over to him by Harvard Alumnus Jack Lemmon.
- Matt had just a single line dialogue in the his debut movie Mystic Pizza.
- Matt was noticed by the critics for playing an opiate-addicted soldier in 1996’s Courage Under Fire, for which he lost 18 kgs in 100 days following his own diet and work-out regimen. The Washington Post called his performance “impressive”.
- Damon acted in a Drama “The Rainmaker” for which Los Angeles Times described as “a talented young actor on the brink of stardom.”
- His character “Patricia Highsmith” in The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999), Variety magazine described his performance as “Damon outstandingly conveys his character’s slide from innocent enthusiasm into cold calculation”
- Matt Daymon has been awarded the honor of receiving a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2007.
- He used to “break dance” in the middle of the “Harvard Square” for money.
- Ben Affleck’s father was once a janitor at Harvard, which was Ben’s inspiration for his role in Good Will Hunting.
- Damon learned playing Piano for the movie The Talented Mr. Ripley.
- Matt and his wife, Luciana Barroso, met while he was filming Stuck on You in Florida.
- For his role in “The Rainmaker”, Matt took the pain to work in a bar in Tennessee. He also hired a “dialect coach”.
- Matt Damon and Luciana Barroso got married in the New York City Hall in 2005.
- Matt refused the role of Bobby Mercer in “Four Brothers” because he found the script “ultra-violent”.
- He gifted a blank check to Ben Affleck and his wife; he had also lost the bet for being the one to get married first.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)