Profession Journalist and News Anchor
Physical Stats & More
Height (approx.) in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
Eye Colour Black
Hair Colour Black
Date of Birth 11 March 1978 (Saturday)
Age (as of 2022) 44 Years
Birthplace Sindri, Dhanbad, Bihar (now Jharkhand)
Zodiac sign Pisces
Hometown Sindri, Jharkhand
School Carmel School, Digwadih, Jharkhand
College/University Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, Pune
Educational Qualification Master of Arts (Economics) Indian Television
Controversy On 14 June 2022, she was named in an First Information Report (FIR) registered in Maharashtra's Parbhani district against suspended Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) spokesperson Nupur Sharma, who had allegedly made objectionable remarks against Prophet Mohammad during a news debate hosted by Navika Kumar. The Hindu
Relationships & More
Marital Status Married
Marriage Date 4 January
Husband/Spouse Sunil Marwah (Member at Bharat Soka Gakkai)
Children Son- Sidhant Kumar Marwah, Suchet Kumar Marwah
Daughter- Not Known
Parents Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Anju Chander
Some Lesser Known Facts About Navika Kumar
- Navika Kumar is a popular Indian news anchor.
- Since childhood, she was interested in business and economy-related issues and wanted to become a research-writer in the field. To fulfill her desired of becoming a research-writer, she attended Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, Pune where she pursued a Master of Arts (Economics), and simultaneously, she decided to receive training to become a research-writer. After receiving her master’s degree, she had two options, first, to join HSBC Bank, where her father was working, and second, to join the Economic Times as a business writer.
- After working for a while with The Economics Times, she worked with The Observer.
- In 1995, she joined the Indian Express in Chandigarh; however, after six months, she had to relocate to Delhi, where her husband was transferred, and she started working with The Indian Express in Delhi.
- In 2005, she joined Times Network as a senior journalist.
- After working 16 years with Times Network, she was promoted to the post of Managing Editor.
- She is known for her reporting on Common Wealth Games and Lalit Modi’s IPL scam.
- In 2018, she interviewed the Unnao Rape case accused Kuldeep Singh Sengar.
- In an interview, while talking about her political inclination, she said,
People may call me pro-BJP because the party frankly represents itself on my channel. I am so happy to take the Congress point of view and you can ask anybody how many attempts I have made in the last four years since I have been handling the calling card policy in Times Now. How many attempts I have made for them to bury the hatchet and represent themselves. I have given them the offers of doing one-on-one interactions, I have requested them to come on debates, putting their view across. But if someone doesn’t want to communicate with me, can you blame me for it?”
- She is also known for her name being dragged in Republic TV’s TRP scam case. According to ARG Outlier Media Private Limited, the parent company of Republic TV, on 18 January 2021, in one of her shows, she misused the charge sheet documents of Mumbai Police to malign the credibility of Arnab Goswami and Republic TV.
- In one of her posts on social media, she wrote,
If fighting for justice invites court cases, bring it on. All the a-listers can come together but India will continue to fight for the truth. You can’t intimidate us @TimesNow & can’t take away the viewers who believe in us. Let Truth prevail.”
- In 2020, amid the alleged suicide case of Sushant Singh Rajput, during a show on Times Now, she claimed that she had WhatsApp chats between some Bollywood actors and drug peddlers. Later, her claim became the subject of memes on social media.
— MASS (@myselfmass) September 24, 2020