Education: Master Of Mass Communication
Age: 30 Years
Hometown: Lahore, Pakistan
|Real Name||Maryam Tanveer Ali|
|Profession(s)||Actress and Model|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Eye Colour||Newborn Gray|
|Debut||Film: Teefa in Trouble (2018) as 'Anya'
TV: Durr-e-Shahwar (2012) as 'Mahnoor Sami'
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• IPPA Awards - Best Actor Female Film Viewer's Choice for the film "Teefa in Trouble" in 2019
• Lux Style Awards - Best Actress Drama (Jury) for the drama "Mann Mayal" in 2017
Galaxy Lollywood Awards
• Best Female Debut for the film "Teefa in Trouble" in 2019
• Best Onscreen Couple (shared with Ali Zafar) for the film "Teefa in Trouble" in 2019
• Best Onscreen Couple (Jury) - shared with Osman Khalid Butt- for the drama "Diyar-e-Dil" in 2016
• Best Drama Actress (Popular) for the drama "Diyar-e-Dil" in 2016
|Date of Birth||27 July 1989 (Thursday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||30 Years|
|Birthplace||Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan|
|Hometown||Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan|
|College/University||Queen Mary College, Lahore|
|Educational Qualification||Master of Mass Communication from Queen Mary College, Lahore|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Reading Books, Watching Shows and Television|
|Controversies||• In October 2018, after Maya posted the photo of her makeup artist, Adnan Ansari, sipping tea from the same cup, she faced a huge backlash from the public. She was ridiculed for her actions on social media. She had to delete the photo later.
• In an interview with BBC Asian Network, Maya Ali revealed that her family did not support her decision to become an actress, initially. Sharing her experience of those times, she summed it up with a message for parents to support the dreams of their children. However, this did not go well with the audience and they scorned her for giving her career more importance than her parents.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Osman Khalid Butt (Actor; Rumoured)
• Sheheryar Munawar (Actor; Rumoured)
|Parents||Father- Name not known (died in 2016)
Mother- Shagufta Nazar
|Siblings||Brother(s)- Afnan Qureshi (Younger) & Saqlain Hayder (Younger)
|Food||Aloo ka Paratha, Pizza, Biryani|
|Restaurant||The Monal in Islamabad|
|Actor||Ranveer Singh, Sheheryar Munawar|
|Film(s)||Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995), 27 Dresses (2008)|
|Director(s)||Karan Johar, Asim Raza|
|Colour||Henna Green, Red|
|Travel Destination||London, Paris|
|Book||The Forty Rules of Love by Elif Shafak|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Maya Ali
- Since her childhood, Maya Ali was interested in sports. She was good at sports and represented her school’s team in sports like Basketball, Cricket, Hockey, Tennis, and Badminton. In an interview, she once revealed that she dreamt of making her career in sports but lack of her parent’s support, made her quit her dream.
- Maya Ali started her career as a journalist in a newspaper. She then worked as a video jockey with Samaa TV and went on to work with Waqt News and Dunya News.
- While working as a VJ, she got an offer to act in a drama. She did not tell her father about it and completed that shoot within 20-days. When her father came to know about this, he stopped talking to her for the next eight years.
- Before entering the world of entertainment, she used her nickname ‘Maya’ as her stage name.
- After making her debut with “Durr-e-Shahwar” (2012), Maya starred in Geo TV’s “Aik Nayee Cinderella” (2012-2013). It was her first show as a lead, and she played the character of ‘Meesha/Cinderella.’
- She acted in some of the hit Pakistani serials such as Aunn Zara (2013), Khoya Khoya Chand (2013), Shanakht (2014), Zid (2014–2015), Mera Naam Yousuf Hai (2015), Mann Mayal (2016), and Sanam (2016-2017).
- The film “Teefa in Trouble” (2018) not only marks the film debut of Maya but also of Ali Zafar. The film also became the first non-Indian film to be distributed internationally by Yash Raj Films.
- She then appeared in the Pakistani film “Parey Hut Love” (2019), which was also a huge commercial success. She played the role of ‘Saniya’ in the film.
- Reportedly, Maya was slated to make her Bollywood debut with Akshay Kumar‘s film “Ikka,” which is a remake of the Tamil film “Kaththi” (2014).
- She has also been the brand ambassador for popular brands like Lux, Qmobile, Diva body spray, and Royal Fan.
- Maya has also campaigned against Breast Cancer and visited various institutions including college and universities to raise awareness about the disease.