|Full Name||Ali Mohammad Zafar|
|Name Earned||King of Pop of Pakistan|
|Profession(s)||Singer, Songwriter, Model, Actor, Painter|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 42 inches
- Waist: 32 inches
- Biceps: 16 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||18 May 1980|
|Age (as of 2022)||42 Years|
|Birthplace||Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan|
|Hometown||Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan|
|School||C.A.A. Public School, Lahore|
|College(s)/University||Government College of Lahore, Lahore
National College of Arts, Lahore
|Educational Qualification||Degree in Fine Arts|
|Debut||Film: Tere Bin Laden (2010)
TV: Kollege Jeans (1999)
|Address||A 4-bedroom villa in Lahore
|Hobbies||Playing Cricket & Video Games, Reading|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Honoured as 'Pride of Pakistan' by United For Pakistan Independence Day in 2018
• Shaan-e-Pakistan Achievement in Music Awards for Music Icon of the Generation in 2019
• Best Debut Artist for the album "Huqa Pani" in 2004
• Best Album for the album "Huqa Pani" in 2004
• Best Pop Artist for the album "Huqa Pani" in 2005
• Best Album for the album "Huqa Pani" in 2004
• Youth Icon Award in 2007
• Best Album for the album "Jhoom" in 2012
• Best Original Soundtrack for the song "Zindagi Gulzar Hai" from the album "Zindagi Gulzar Hai" in 2013
• Song of the Year for the song "Rockstar" – CokeStudio8 in 2016
• Best Actor (Viewers' choice) for the film "Teefa – Teefa in Trouble" in 2019
|Controversies||• In 2012, after Veena Malik's nude photo on FHM cover page, Ali said, "I don't think those who are talented need controversies to boost their career."
• After the Uri terror attack in September 2016, the Indian Motion Picture Producers Association (IMPPA) urged its members not to work with Pakistani artists or technicians. During that period, the trailer of Shah Rukh Khan and Alia Bhatt starrer 'Dear Zindagi' was supposed to get released. But due to the protest against Pakistani actors, Ali was not the part of Shah Rukh Khan's ‘Dear Zindagi’ trailer.
• On 19 April 2018, Meesha Shafi accused Ali Zafar of sexually harassing her multiple times. Moreover, she has shared her experience through an elaborative post on Twitter quoting that this will empower women to stand up for themselves.
Later, to her claims, Ali denied all the allegations applied to him and replied in the same manner on Twitter by saying that he will take some legal action against this matter.
• During ongoing Meesha-Zafar controversy, Ali Zafar said that Meesha wanted to become Malala (Malala Yousafzai) by targeting him. However, his remarks on Meesha ignited rage in public and people slammed him for his insensitive comments.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||July 28, 2009|
|Wife/Spouse||Ayesha Fazli (m. 2009-present)
|Children||Son- Azaan Zafar (born in 2010)
Daughter- Alyza Zafar (born in 2015)
|Parents||Father- Mohammad Zafarullah (Professor)
Mother- Kanwal Ameen (Professor)
|Siblings||Brothers- Danyal Zafar, Zain Zafar
|Food||Aloo Palak, Chicken Sizzler, Saag aur Makkai ki Roti|
|Actor(s)||Bollywood: Amitabh Bachchan, Dilip Kumar
Hollywood: Al Pacino, Anthony Hopkins
|Singer/Musician(s)||Mehdi Hassan, Kishore Kumar, Bade Ghulam Ali, Lata Mangeshkar, Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, Jimmy Page, Jeff Buckley, Sting, Abida Parveen, Roger Waters|
|Song(s)||"Hey You" by Floyd", Quit Playing Games With My Heart" by Backstreet Boys, "My Way" by Frank Sinatra|
|Writer(s)||Ghalib, Mir Dard, Faiz, Iqbal|
|Cricketer(s)||Batsman: Viv Richards, Sachin Tendulkar
Bowler: Wasim Akram, Imran Khan
|Book(s)||A Case of Exploding Mangoes by Mohammed Hanif, Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis and Larry Sloman, Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsch|
|Car Collection||Audi, Ferrari
|Salary (approx.)||Rs. 1-2 crore/film|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 107 Crore ($16 million)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ali Zafar
- Does Ali Zafar smoke?: No
- Does Ali Zafar drink alcohol?: Yes
- Ali was born into a well-educated Punjabi family; as both his parents were professors at Punjab University.
- Since his childhood, he had an artistic touch; as he enjoyed painting a lot.
- As a child, Ali did not have any interest in poetry and music. He developed a fondness for music as he grew up.
- Before becoming an established singer, he was a part of an underground rock band, which used to do covers of Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Metallica, and The Eagles.
- At the age of 8, he made his first comics.
- Prior to his debut in acting, he worked as a sketch artist at Pearl Continental Hotel, Lahore, where he used to make portraits in 20 minutes.
- His parents wanted him to pursue a career in civil services, but somehow he convinced his parents of his passion for music, and they supported him in his decision.
- He became an overnight star in Pakistan after his song “Channo” was released in 2003. Here’s a video of the song:
- After his Bollywood debut “Tere Bin Laden,” he received around 40 film offers as his performance was critically acclaimed by everyone. Although his debut was a big hit, it was banned in his native country.
- He met his wife, Ayesha, first time in the lobby of the hotel where he used to work as a sketch artist.
- His song “Dekha” was featured in the 2006 Hollywood flick ‘Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps’, as a soundtrack which made him the fourth ever Pakistani singer whose song got featured in a Hollywood film. Here’s the video of the song:
- In 2008, he and his wife, Aisha, were kidnapped at gunpoint when they were out for a dinner, but were released later; as Ali’s family paid PKR 2.5 million as ransom to the kidnappers.
- He is very much committed to his wife and he has not done any intimate scenes on the screen yet. Moreover, in the kissing scene in his film- London, Paris, New York, a body double was hired to perform the scene with Aditi Rao Hydari.
- He is a distant relative of Aamir Khan; as his wife’s father has a cousin whose mother is the cousin of Aamir Khan’s mother, Zeenat Hussain.
- He was the first choice for the role of “Sarmad” in the film ‘Khuda Kay Liye’ (2007), but he rejected it due to some personal reasons, which later went to Fawad Khan.
- He is the first-ever Pakistani actor to get nominated for any Bollywood award.
- In 2013, he was listed as the ‘Sexiest Asian Man On The Planet’ by the Eastern Eye, a British weekly newspaper.
- He used to be homophobic, a person having a strong dislike of homosexual people. But, after getting educated about this topic, he started respecting everyone’s sexual orientation.
- He holds a very professional, punctual, and disciplined personality in the film industry.
- Ali is famously known as “Justin Timberlake of Pakistan.”
- Apart from acting and singing, he has endorsed various brands like Pepsi, Sony Ericsson, LG, Lux, Head, and Shoulders, etc.
- Sharing his experience about his entry into Bollywood, Ali says,
The first time I ever went to Bombay, I had a feeling that it’s all about Bollywood here, and I remember thinking, ‘I wouldn’t mind getting into that someday’, and finally I did. I grew up watching a lot of Mr [Amitabh] Bachchan’s films, and then there were films such as Guide. When I grew up a little more I started seeing Dilip Kumar’s work, and I thought it was so fantastic.”
- He has never received any formal training in acting. Talking about his acting skills, he says-
I prepared by studying reporters, watching and learning how they function. Considering that they are everywhere and around at most times, it was not really difficult. I also took a 10-day acting workshop with Barry John, along with the other actors in the film. I am an intuitive actor and have maintained a casual and natural acting style for the movie.”