Some Lesser Known Facts About McKayla Maroney
- Does McKayla Maroney smoke?: No
- Does McKayla Maroney drink alcohol?: Not Known
- McKayla has won 10 medals in the international events, out of which 9 are gold and one silver.
- She has predominantly dominated the City of Jesolo Trophy and the World Championships in the vault and team events. She has been the only US female gymnast who has defended her title for the vaults, continuing to be the champion, bringing home the gold.
- She apparently wasn’t impressed with her individual silver medal in the Olympics. While receiving the medal, standing at the podium, her not so happy expression invigorated a lot of online “not so impressed” memes. Even the Prestident Barrack Obama mimicked her posing with her. The photo was one of the “Most Viral Photos” of 2012.
- Her mother put her in gymnastics because she belonged their she thought. McKayla recalls “When I was younger,” Maroney said, “I would be watching “Tarzan” and running around on all fours. My mom was like, ‘I need to put this child in gymnastics. She’s crazy.’ I was technically in gymnastics at the age of 2 and always felt comfortable in the gym.”
- She was afraid if she would grow tall because her dad is 6’3″. Although her mother is 5’2″ but she obviously was not sure which one she’ll take over and all the gymnasts at the time were little when she went to the 2004 Olympics.
- McKayla is a popular figure in the media and has appeared on The Late Show with David Letterman, Miss America Pageant, Thirty Seconds to Mars music video “Up in the Air”.
- Her underage pics were leaked on the internet in the 2014 celebrity photo leaks and Gymcastic.
- She announced her retirement in an interview in the show Gymcastic, soon after Kyla Ross retired two days earlier. McKayla said that she is not going to compete because of health reasons as she has sustained injuries in the past.
- She might take up a career in the acting or singing. She has already appeared in six episodes of Hart Dixie. She appeared on a episode of Bones as well.
- Her BFF is Kyla Ross.
- She has been hinted as clairvoyant because her wish came true that she had written in her school year book that, “My goal for the future is to be in the Olympics.”
- She was the tallest gymnast among her team.
- She is a dog lover and has a brown labra named Tia Maria.
- Although she is the ace of spade of the vaults but still likes the floor routine because its most expressive routine.
- She likes Justin Beiber but isn’t much of a Belieber. She said “I went to the Selena Gomez concert and he appeared. Girls were crying on the floor and I didn’t understand. I was like, ‘why are they crying?’ I didn’t get it.”
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)