Husband: Nambi Narayanan
|Meenakshi Ammal BBC
|Being the wife of Indian aerospace engineer Nambi Narayanan
|Physical Stats & More
|Salt and Pepper
|Relationships & More
|8 September 1967
|Nambi Narayanan (engineer)
|Son- Sankara Kumar Narayanan (businessman)
Daughter- Geetha Arunan (Montessori teacher in Bangalore)
|Father- Ramaswamy (businessman)
Note: She has eleven other siblings.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Meena Nambi
- Meena Nambi is an Indian native, who is known to be the wife of Indian aerospace engineer Nambi Narayanan.
- Meena supported Nambi in the toughest phase of his life when in 1994, he was framed in a false spy case and was accused of supplying confidential documents to Pakistan; leading to his arrest for 50 days.
- Meena used to visit temples every day. She had a fixed weekly schedule of visiting temples: Srikanteswaram on Monday, Attukal Devi Temple on Tuesday and Friday, Srivaraham Temple on Thursday and Sri Padmanabha Swami Temple on Saturday. In an interview, her husband revealed that she was denied entry to a temple because of her husband’s false spy case.
- In an interview, Nambi said that when he was arrested, people in the society started to think of him as a spy who betrayed his country, due to which Meena had to suffer a lot. He further said,
People would come to our house and burn my effigy, call me names, shout slogans… My family suffered a lot. My children were agitated and would fight back. But my wife slipped into depression and stopped talking.”
- According to Nambi, while he was in jail, Meena was forced to get out of an autorickshaw while it was raining after the driver got to know her identity.
- In an interview, Nambi said that Meena’s first international travel was to France when he went to Vernon for the Viking-Vikas joint venture in September 1974 with his ISRO team.
- In 2022, a film titled ‘Rocketry: The Nambi Effect’ was released in which actress Simran played the role of Meena Nambi.
- In the trailer of the film, it was shown that when her husband, Nambi was in jail, Meena was humiliated at a wedding, her daughter sat on the road while someone threw dung on her face, and her son got beaten up.