|Profession||Former Lawyer, Civil Servant (IAS), Film Director|
|Famous For||His experimental initiatives like "Compassionate Kozhikode," "Operation Sulaimani" and "Savarigiri" in Kozhikode|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms-75 kg
in pounds-165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 inches
- Waist: 32 inches
- Biceps: 12 inches
|Service||Indian Administrative Service (IAS)|
|Batch||2006 IAS Exam Portal|
|Major Designations||• Kozhikode, Kerala
• Private Secretary to KJ Alphons, the Minister of State for Tourism
• Secretary to the then Home Minister, Ramesh Chennaithala
|Date of Birth||year 1986|
|Age (as in 2018)||33 Years|
|Birthplace||Thalassery, Kannur District, Kerala|
|Hometown||Thalassery, Kannur District, Kerala|
|School||Loyola School, Thiruvananthapuram|
|College/University||Government Law College Thiruvananthapuram, University of Kerala|
|Educational Qualification||LLB from Government Law College Thiruvananthapuram, University of Kerala|
|Controversies||The district chief of Congress in Kozhikode accused Nair of whiling time on social media but not receiving the phone calls. However, Nair explained during an interview that- "Putting a post on Facebook takes just five minutes. Just because my profile picture keeps smiling at you 24×7, doesn’t mean that I’m sitting there throughout. Secondly, I’m not chatting with my girlfriends. The citizens are communicating with me and getting their problems sorted out through this medium. And finally, Facebook and Twitter are additional media for citizen interface."|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Names not known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Prasanth Nair
- Does Prasanth Nair Smoke?: No
- Does Prasanth Nair Drink Alcohol?: No
- Prasanth grew up in Thiruvananthapuram.
- He wanted to be a cinematographer in his childhood.
- Nair started preparing for civil services when he was in the 1st year of his graduation.
- He was selected in the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) from the Kerala cadre in 2006.
- Nair has headed two assignments of the World Bank namely, “KSTP” and “Jalandhini.”
- He has served in different sectors including Taxation, Tourism, Water Supply, Roads, and Skill Development.
- During his term as a District Collector of Kozhikode (2015-2017), Prasanth initiated several projects like Tere Mere Beach Mein, a program that aimed to handle the waste management at the Kozhikode Beach; Operation Sulaimani, a project which was launched to address hunger in urban areas; and Yo Appooppa, a project initiated to improve the quality of life of the elderly men and women.
- His project “Compassionate Kozhikode” which was initiated to help institutions like children’s home, old age homes, and mental health centres became widely popular and earned him the moniker “Collector Bro.”
- Prasanth was appointed as the Private Secretary to the Minister of State Tourism for a tenure of 5 years but his appointment did not last longer than a year due to his differences with the minister.
- Nair has also made an acting stint in Ajay Devaloka’s “Who.”
- His directorial debut “Daivakanam” had its World Premiere at 71st Cannes Film Festival.
- Prasanth made a unique proposal to the people of Kozhikode district while he was serving as the collector of Kozhikode. He offered a free plate of Malabar Biryani to every individual who would come forward to clean a 14-acre pond in Koyilandy. It became a huge success.
- He is one of the most active IAS Officers on social media. He made a Facebook page named ‘Collector Kozhikode’ to create awareness about welfare schemes and respond to the concerns and complaints of the public. The page has more than 2.5 lakh followers on Facebook.
- Nair is an excellent writer, with great efficiency in English and Malayalam. He has even published articles in other languages like Manorama, Malayala, Kerala Kaumudi, Mathrubhumi, and Malayalam Vaarika.
|↑1||IAS Exam Portal|