|Full name||Meera Nandakumar Mirchi Plus|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
• Malayalam: Mulla (2008) as Lachi
• Tamil: Vaalmiki (2009) as Vandana
• Telugu: Jai Bolo Telangana (2011) as Sahaja
• Kannada: Karodpathi (2014) as Vidya
TV (Malayalam): Veedu (2007) on Surya TV
|Awards||• Won Best Supporting Actress Award for the Malayalam TV show Veedu at Kerala State Television Awards (2007)
• Won the title of Best Female Debut for the Malayalam film Mulla at Filmfare Awards South (2008)
• Won the title of Best New Face of the Year (Female) for the film Malayalam Mulla at the Asianet Film Awards (2009)
• Won the title of Best Supporting Actress for the Malayalam film Puthiya Mukham at the AMMA Awards (2009)
• Best Radio Personality Award by Master Vision International (2019)
|Date of Birth||26 November 1990 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||33 Years|
|Birthplace||Elamakkara, Kochi, Kerala|
|Hometown||Elamakkara, Kochi, Kerala|
|School||Bhavan’s Vidya Mandir, Elamakkara|
|College/University||St. Teresa’s College, Ernakulam|
|Educational Qualification||• A bachelor's degree in Communicative English at St. Teresa’s College, Ernakulam
• A master's degree in Mass Communication and Journalism through distance education at Manipal University
|Relationships & More|
|Fiancé||Sreeju (a London-based accountant)
|Siblings||Brother- Arjun Nandakumar
|Others||Cousin- Divyaa Unni (actress and classical dancer)
|Actor(s)||Hrithik Roshan, Mohanlal|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Meera Nandan
- Meera Nandan is an Indian actress who mainly works in the Malayalam cinema. She is known for appearing in the Malayalam films Mulla (2008) and Puthiya Mukham (2009). She also works in the Tamil, Telugu, and Kannada film industries. Apart from acting, she works as a radio jockey for Gold 101.3 FM in Ajman. Before that, she worked for Radio Red 94.7 FM in Dubai.
- Growing up, she desired to become a journalist.
- Once, in her teens, a tarot card reader predicted that she would be famous in future. Talking about the same in an interview, she said,
Would you believe it if I told you that a tarot reader saw me at my relative’s place and immediately said I’d be well-known? That she’d have to come to Madras to see me? Of course, we laughed it off then..”
- She first appeared before the camera in an advertisement for Mohanlal’s Taste Buds.
- In 2007, she ventured into the Malayalam entertainment industry with the reality show Idea Star Singer on Asianet. She auditioned as a contestant for the show but was selected to host it instead.
- The same year, she played a supporting role in the Malayalam TV show Veedu on Surya TV.
- Thereafter, she hosted the Malayalam TV shows Manjil Virinja Tharam (2008) on Kairali TV and Onakkodi (2011) on Surya TV.
- In 2008, she came into the limelight with her debut Malayalam film Mulla in which she played the role of Lachi. The film follows Lachi’s journey as she develops romantic feelings for a thug named Mulla while caring for an orphan. The role earned Meera numerous awards.
- In 2009, she gained immense popularity for her role as Sreedevi in the Malayalam action thriller film Puthiya Mukham.
- Thereafter, she appeared in the Malayalam films Kerala Cafe (2009), Patham Nilayile Theevandi (2009), Pulliman (2010), and Elsamma Enna Aankutty (2010).
- She made a name for herself in the Tamil film industry with the action drama film Ayyanar (2010) in which she played Anitha.
- In the same year, Tamil director M. Sellamuthu made a romantic proposal to Meera, openly expressing his feelings over the phone. She claimed that he harassed her for a long time. At that time, the young 19-year-old actress declined the proposal, citing that her parents had already arranged her marriage with someone else and she was engaged. However, she later confessed that she had faked the engagement story as an excuse to turn down M. Sellamuthu’s proposal. Meera played the leading role in M. Sellamuthu’s directorial film Sooriya Nagaram (2012). On the other hand, the director denied the allegations and asserted that Meera Nandan was attempting to malign his reputation by spreading false accounts of the incident. M. Sellamuthu claimed that when Meera informed him about her parent’s plans for her wedding with another man, he immediately withdrew his proposal. He argued that the actress was exaggerating the incident to harm his image in the film industry. The New Indian Express Once, during an interview, Meera was asked whether she would like to work with Sellamuthu again, to which she replied,
I wouldn’t because I think he lacks professionalism.”
While explaining the above statement, she said,
When I was working with him, one day on the sets, to my surprise I was told to do a romantic scene which I wasn’t even aware about before. I asked him, ‘Which scene is this? I never came across one like this when I was going through the script or when we discussions the project.’ His shocking response was like, ‘Is it necessary to describe each and every scene in detail?’ That day I told to myself, ‘never again a movie with you.”
- In 2011, she played the antagonist Lakshmi in the Malayalam comedy-thriller film Seniors, and in 2013, she played a journalist named Jane in the Malayalam vigilante thriller film Lokpal.
- In 2011, she was a judge on the Malayalam TV show Vivel Big Break on Surya TV.
- She worked as a voice-over artist for Taapsee’s character, Saira Banu, in the Malayalam film Doubles (2011).
- She starred in the Tamil film Sooriya Nagaram (2012) as Thamizhselvi.
- She played the role of a tribal girl in the national-award-winning Malayalam film Black Forest (2013), directed by Joshy Mathew. The film won the National Award in the category of Best Film on Environment Conservation /Preservation.
- She lent her voice to the romantic song Mazhayude Ormakal from VK Prakash’s Malayalam film Silence (2013).
- Another well-known Malayalam film under her belt includes Apothecary (2014), a medical thriller in which she played the role of Daisy.
- In 2014, she moved to Dubai, where she started working as a Radio Jockey at Radio Red 94.7 FM. Thereafter, she juggled between acting and hosting radio programs.
- In 2015, she played the role of Abhilasha, a tribal woman, in the Telugu film Hitudu (previously known as Gunde Ninda Gudigantalu). In the film, she skillfully depicted three distinct phases of her character’s life: a 14-year-old teenager, a 23-year-old young adult, and ultimately a 35-year-old woman. The film achieved recognition by winning the Nandi Award for the Third Best Feature Film in 2014.
- In 2016, she appeared in the Kannada film Naanu Nam Hudgi.
- In 2017, she hosted the Malayalam talk show Lal Salam with Mohanlal on Amrita TV.
- Other popular Malayalam films in which she starred include Ven Shankhu Pol (2011), Madirasi (2012), Tourist Home (2013), Aattakatha (2013), Angane Thanne Nethave Anjettennam Pinnale (2016), and Gold Coins (2017).
- In 2018, she started working as an RJ at Gold 101.3 FM in Ajman. There, she hosted the radio show Sunset Drive with Meera Nandan.
- In 2019, she became a target of conservative netizens who slammed her for wearing “short dresses.” Consequently, she took to Instagram and wrote,
It is truly disgusting to see the vulgar comments and judgments made by some people, over a dress I wore, which frankly is not even that small in size, nor a big of a deal. I’m a person who loves fashion and admires both Indian & Western wear. It is totally unreasonable that people in this generation should be targeted and judged by mere clothing. Once again, I’d highly appreciate it if I could live MY life as MINE, and not the public’s.”
- In 2023, she appeared as an anchor on the Malayalam TV show Cook With Comedy on Asianet.
- In September 2023, she got engaged to a London-based accountant, Sreeju. As per the photographer’s caption, the match was arranged by their families. They connected through a matrimonial website and, after several meetings, made the choice to tie the knot. Once their parents approved the match, Sreeju travelled from London to Dubai to meet Meera, and they immediately clicked. Their engagement took place in an intimate ceremony with only her family in attendance. On 13 September 2023, Meera shared pictures with Sreeju on her Instagram account to announce their engagement.