Maryam Nawaz (Politician) Age, Husband, Family, Biography & More
Age: 49 Years
Husband: Muhammad Safdar Awan
Marriage Date: 25 December 1992
|Full Name||Maryam Nawaz Sharif|
|Party||Pakistan Muslim League(N)|
|Political Journey||• In 2011 Maryam Nawaz decided to join the PML(N) to assist her father, she got the Membership in the same year.
• In November 2013, Maryam was appointed as the chairperson of Prime Minister’s Youth Programme and held responsibilities for coordination, management, finalization and supervision of the implementation of the program.
• On 3 January 2023, Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif appointed Maryam Nawaz as the senior vice president of the PML-N, authorising her to “reorganise” the party “at all functional levels.” Dawn
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 65 kg
in Pounds- 143.3 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||28 October 1973|
|Age (as of 2022)||49 Years|
|Birthplace||Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan|
|College||Convent of Jesus and Mary, King Edward Medical University, University of Punjab|
|Educational Qualifications||M.A. (English Literature)
Ph.D. in Political Science (Disputed)
|Family||Father- Nawaz Sharif (Politician)
Mother- Kulsoom Nawaz
Brothers- Hussain and
|Controversies||• In November 2014, she had to resign as head of the 'Youth Loan Programme' because PTI had filed a case against her for allegedly not experienced enough for the position she was holding.
• In April 2016, Maryam Nawaz a.k.a Mariam Safdar, along with her siblings Hasan Nawaz Sharif and Hussain Nawaz Sharif were named in the Panama Papers as allegedly hiding their wealth in off-shore tax havens.
German newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung tweeted some documents to expose the role of Mariam Nawaz in Panama Papers.
• On 6 July 2018, in a verdict on the Avenfield reference filed by the National Accountability Bureau, the Federal Judicial Complex of Pakistan sentenced her father, Nawaz Sharif, to 10 years (fined £8 million), and Maryam Nawaz and her husband Safdar Awan to 7 years (£2 million) and 1 year in prison, respectively.
|Favourite Politician||Nawaz Sharif|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||25 December 1992|
|Husband/Spouse||Muhammad Safdar Awan (Politician, Retired Army Officer, m. 1992 - present)
|Children||Son- Muhammad Junaid Safdar
Daughters- Mehr-un-Nisa Munir,
|Net Worth (approx.)||$20 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Maryam Nawaz
- Does Maryam Nawaz smoke?: Not Known
- Does Maryam Nawaz drink alcohol?: Not Known
- She is the chairperson of the Sharif Trust since 1997.
- Her Great-grandfather was the Great Gama, who was a wrestler(born as Ghulam Muhammad).
- In 2013, she got politically active and did election marketing campaigns for her father Nawaz Sharif for the general election.
- Her husband is 10 years older to her.
- In 2017, she was selected as one of the BBC’s 100 Women.