Age: 47 Years
Height: 5’ 11”
Marital Status: Divorced
|Full Name||Hrithik Rakesh Nagrath|
• Greek God
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 85 kg
in pounds- 187 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 44 inches
- Waist: 28 inches
- Biceps: 16 inches
|Eye Colour||Hazel Green|
|Physical Transformations||• For 'Koi... Mil Gaya' (2003)
To play the role of a school-going kid who was born with a developmental disability, Hrithik had to shed several kilos of his body weight. His transformed physique perfectly suited the role, and it held the audience spellbound.
• For 'Guzaarish' (2010)
In this film, he played the role of a former magician who is a quadriplegic, and according to Hrithik, it was a challenge for him to get a shape that perfectly suited a quadriplegic patient. He grew long hair and dense beard to give a natural look to this character.
• For 'Krrish 3' (2013)
To play the role of a superhero, he hired Kris Gethin as his fitness trainer. It was a twelve-week transformation; however, Hrithik completed it in ten weeks. His transformed physique became a hit among his fans.
• For 'Super 30' (2019)
When Hrithik played Anand Kumar in the film, he literally lived the character of Anand Kumar. He had to shed a few kilos of his body weight and get a fat belly to portray the character, and he surprised the audience not only with his acting skills but also the natural physique required for the role.
• For 'War' (2019)
The actor was hailed for his amazing transformation from Anand of Super 30 to Kabir of War. According to Hrithik, he worked really hard to get into shape for War as the two characters, i.e., Anand Kumar and Kabir were drastically different from each other. According to him, there was not much time left for the transformation, and he transformed himself from Anand to Kabir within two months.
|Debut||Film: Kaho Naa... Pyaar Hai (2000)
2001: Best Male Debut and Best Actor for Kaho Naa... Pyaar Hai
2004: Best Actor and Best Actor(Critics) for Koi... Mil Gaya
2007: Best Actor for Dhoom 2
2009: Best Actor for Jodhaa Akbar
2001: IAS (Indo-American-Society), Young Archievers Award
2004: Anandlok Awards, Best Male Actor for Koi... Mil Gaya
2007: Bollywood People's Choice Awards: Best Actor for Krrish and Dhoom 2
2017: Hall of fame award
Note: Along with these, he has many other awards, honours, and achievements to his name.
|Date of Birth||10 January 1974|
|Age (as of 2021)||47 Years|
|School||Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai|
|College||Sydenham College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelors of Commerce from Sydenham College, Mumbai|
|Address||El Palazzo, Juhu, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Gymming, Reading|
Dislikes: Getting Clicked While Eating, Milk Products
|Tattoo(s)||On Right Wrist: A six-point star with a red circle
On Left Wrist: Sussanne written
|Controversies||• In December 2000, riots began in Nepal after a rumour was spread that Hrithik made the anti-Nepal remark that he hated Nepal and its people. However, Hrithik denied making such comments and said, "I can name all the interviews I have given. All the tapes are there for anyone to see anytime. I have never spoken against Nepal or the Nepalese people, whom I love."
• During his alleged affair with Barbara Mori, his then-wife Sussanne left his house, but later they united, sadly for not much longer as in 2014 they separated.
• A poster of Hrithik was distributed on the eve of a local government election. The poster portrayed him in a dancing pose and carried the slogan, Vote DA for all the people. DA is the opponent Democratic Alliance in South Africa, which led to prohibiting of Hrithik's films in South Africa.
• He and Kangana Ranaut had a media-led fight, which started off with her calling him as a "silly ex", and later resulted in full-blown name-calling, e-mail leaking, legal battle.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Kareena Kapoor (Actress)
• Barbara Mori (Actress)
• Kangana Ranaut (Actress)
• Shweta Bachchan Nanda (Rumoured) Peeping Moon
|Marriage Date||20 December 2000|
|Marriage Place||Golden Resorts and Spa, Bangalore|
|Wife/Spouse||Sussanne Khan (m.2000–div.2014)
• Hrehaan Roshan
• Hridhaan Roshan
|Parents||Father- Rakesh Roshan (Filmmaker)
Mother- Pinky Roshan
|Uncle||Paternal Uncle- Rajesh Roshan (Music Director)
Sister- Sunaina Roshan (Elder)
|Food||Indian Food but not Fatty Dishes; Dal, Chawal, Chicken, Mutton, All Vegetables
Made Indian style; Italian, Mexican and Chinese Cuisines
|Actor(s)||Bollywood: Amitabh Bachchan, Raj Kapoor
Hollywood: Richard Gere, Al Pacino, Steve Martin, Jerry Lewis
|Actresses||Bollywood: Madhubala, Madhuri Dixit, Kajol
Hollywood: Julia Roberts, Helen Hunt
|Film(s)||Bollywood- Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai, Sholay
Hollywood- Pretty Woman, When Harry Met Sally...
|Outfit||Jeans and Loose Clothes|
|Game(s)||Doom, Trivial Pursuit, Balderdash|
|Fruit(s)||Apple, Banana, Chikoo, Grapes|
|Dessert(s)||Apple Pie with Vanilla Ice-Cream, Brownies with Ice Cream, Ice Cream with Chocolate Sauce|
|Book||Easyway to Stop Smoking by Allen Carr|
|Dancer(s)||Shammi Kapoor, Michael Jackson|
|Cars Collection||Rolls Royce Ghost Series II,
Jaguar XJ, Ferrari Modena, Maserati Spyder, Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Range Rover Sport
|Salary||$4.69 million (INR 35 crores/film)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$215 million (INR 1428 crore)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Hrithik Roshan
- Does Hrithik Roshan smoke?: No (He used to smoke before, but now he has quit smoking)
- Does Hrithik Roshan drink alcohol?: Yes
- His official surname is Nagrath, not Roshan.
- He was born with two thumbs on his right hand, and his classmates used to make fun of it.
- At the age of 6, he made his entry into Bollywood as a child artist in a dance sequence of 1980’s film- Aasha.
- With his first earnings of ₹100, which he got from shaking a leg next to Jeetendra in the movie Aasha, he purchased 10 Hot Wheel Cars that were in vogue at that time.
- Before making his film debut, he took bodybuilding classes from Salman Khan.
- Being a style icon, he has launched his fashion label brand named HRX, which deals in casual clothing.
- Prior to appearing in films, he assisted his father, Rakesh Roshan, in his directions- Karan Arjun and Koyla. He used to do odd jobs on the sets like serving tea to the actors and even sweeping the floors.
- At the age of 19, he suffered from Scoliosis, a spinal disc herniation and he was told by the doctors that he would not be able to dance or act, but he struggled through his weaknesses, and the outcome is in front of everyone.
- In his debut, it was first expected that Kareena Kapoor would be seen opposite him, but she walked out of the film due to some misunderstanding between Hrithik’s father and Kareena’s mother.
- Hrithik’s performance in the movie- Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai received critical acclaims from the audience. The film went on to become a blockbuster, which made Hrithik an overnight star. Moreover, he met his Ex-wife first time in the same way Rohit met Sonia at a traffic signal in the movie.
- On Valentine’s Day in the year 2000, he received around 30,000 marriage proposals from his fans.
- He got married to the first sight love of his life, Sussanne Khan on 20 December 2000 at Golden Resorts and Spa, situated on the outskirts of Bangalore.
- His signature dance moves in the song “Ek Pal Ka Jeena” became a nationwide sensation and a big craze among youth.
- After the release of his film- Main Prem Ki Deewani Hoon, opposite Kareena Kapoor, his wife asked him not to sign any movies with Kareena; as she had noticed that Hrithik and Kareena were getting close to each other on the sets.
- He was the first choice for Shah Rukh Khan‘s role in Don and Swades, Akshaye Khanna‘s role in Dil Chahta Hai, and Siddharth’s role in Rang De Basanti.
- While shooting for his film- Kites in 2009 in Los Angeles, USA, he met his dancing idol, Michael Jackson.
- He had a stammering problem in his childhood, due to which he used to bunk his school and oral test classes. However, he overcame it with the help of a speech therapist.
- For his film, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, he did all the adrenaline pumping stunts himself without the help of body double- bull chasing, skydiving, and underwater diving.
- Hrithik used to do stunts on his BMX bike to impress Sussanne, and she used to call him “Bholunath.”
- He is a fitness freak and is very much conscious about his health and diet routine. Whenever he is ill and suffers from bad health, he gets depressed and starts working out at that moment, which reflects positive vibes in his life.
- Despite being so successful in his life, he is terrible at handling finances on his own, his ex-wife and mother take care of it.
- He loves documenting his day-to-day life in a scrapbook, which is filled with a lot of pictures.
- Hrithik motivates everyone to quit smoking, but there was a time when he was severely addicted to smoking. He told in an interview that Allen Carr’s publication- Easy Way to Stop Smoking, helped him a lot to quit this filthy habit.
- He is an avid animal lover and had a pet pug named Puggy, and cats named Pearl and Tiger, who are no more. He also bought a beagle named Paris for his sons.
- Hritikh has his wax statue established at Madame Tussauds’ museum.
- During the stunt shoots for “Bang Bang,” he suffered a head injury and later, underwent surgery for the removal of a blood clot in his brain.
- After the release of Bang Bang, Hrithik became the first actor to do a flyboarding stunt in a Bollywood film.
- Somewhere in the midst of 2013, the golden couple of Bollywood, Hrithik and Sussanne got separated. On 1 November 2014, the two got divorced with mutual consent, but they are still spotted together as doting parents to their sons on holidays.
- In 2017, his role as a blind person in the film Kaabil pleased everyone. Later, it was disclosed that to get into his character, he locked himself for about four to five days in his house and moved around blindfolded. He just wanted to become familiar with the body language of the blind people. Moreover, he also invited a few blind people to his place and studied their expressions and gestures.
- He launched an integrated and fun learning book series titled “Tactabet,” which is for the visually impaired people and kids with low vision published in Braille format.
- He loves eating pizzas and can eat two in one go.
- In 2019, he portrayed an Indian mathematician, Anand Kumar, in the biopic titled “Super 30,” directed by Vikas Bahl.
- He holds a very disciplined image, but in his childhood, he was beaten very badly by Senior Roshan when he was throwing empty bottles at strangers from his terrace.
- Tiger Shroff is his huge fan and considers Hrithik as his inspiration.
- Hrithik is a certified and professional diver.
- He and his whole family is an ardent follower of Sai Baba.
- Before the release of his film “Super 30,” he shared a heartfelt note on his Twitter handle for his grandfather, whom he lovingly calls “Deda” and Dr Oza, his childhood speech therapist.