Some Lesser Known Facts About Misbah-Ul-Haq
- Does Misbah-Ul-Haq smoke: Not Known
- Does Misbah-Ul-Haq drink alcohol: Not Known
- Misbah is the first cousin of former Pakistani captain-turned-politician, Imran Khan.
- Misbah made his first-class debut at the age of 24 in 1998. Although he made his international debut in 2001, he could only find success 6 years later at the T20 world cup, where he became Pakistan’s leading run-getter.
- He is the only captain to whitewash a side out of Pakistan in a Test series; he led his team to a 3-0 win over England in UAE in 2011/12 series.
- Misbah is the first captain from South Asia to beat South Africa at their home-soil.
- Also, he is only the second captain from Pakistan to win the Asia Cup (2012).
- From 2010-2015, Misbah scored 2,878 runs in 36 matches at a colossal average of 58.73 as a Test captain. He has outscored the likes of Imran Khan, Inzamam-ul-Haq, and Javed Miandad in this respect.
- Misbah is also the captain of the Islamabad United in Pakistan Super League (PSL), a league similar to the IPL and the Big Bash. Under his captaincy, Islamabad United won the inaugural edition of PSL in 2016.
- A Philanthropist at heart, Misbah once raised funds for the treatment of a 16-year-old fan who had a hole in his heart. For this purpose, he auctioned his bat and jersey.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡