|Other name||Mounika Yadav Monika Yadav- Facebook|
|Full name||Mamindla Maunika Yadav ETV Bharat|
|Nickname||Manu Monika Yadav- Facebook|
|Famous For||Singing the song ‘Saami Saami’ from the Telugu film “Pushpa: The Rise” (2021)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 161 cm
in meters- 1.61 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 3”
|Debut||Song (Telugu): ‘Saami Saami’ from the Telugu film “Pushpa: The Rise.” (2021)
|Date of Birth||Year, 1997|
|Age (as of 2022)||25 Years|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate ETV Bharat|
|Tattoo||She has a tattoo inked on her right forearm.
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Mallya Raitu (wage worker)
Mother- Shyamala (homemaker)
|Siblings||Sister: Padmavati (Folk Singer)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Monika Yadav
- Monika Yadav is an Indian playback singer who mostly works in the Telugu film industry.
- She grew up in a financially weak family in Karimnagar.
- Monika attended a government school in Karimnagar until class 6.
- Subsequently, she relocated to Jammikunta with her family and pursued her higher education.
- Monika’s sister used to sing folk songs since childhood. When they were in their teens, a music artist who was known to her father listened to her sister’s singing and praised her for her voice.
- Soon, he started teaching her (Monika’s sister) singing and also asked her to accompany him to stage performances.
- Monika also went with her sister to the singing venues and slowly developed an interest in singing.
- Subsequently, she started listening to songs and practising singing.
- In 2009, the Telangana movement soared. The public awareness drive started from her hometown Kanaparthi. At that time, Monika got a chance to sing in front of her elders for the first time. She sang the song ‘Godari Godari Oho Pareti Godari .. Suttu Neellunna Sukka,’ a popular song in Telangana at that time. Her singing was liked by her everyone present there.
- She then started performing on stage. However, her first stage performance was not that good.
- It was her mother who always motivated her to pursue a career in singing.
- Monika began her career as a folk singer. She started by singing songs for Manukota Prasad’s youtube channel ‘Manukota Patalu.’ Some of her popular songs on the channel include ‘Kusunnade on the bundle,’ ‘Ramulo Ramula,’ and ‘Bava O Sari Rava.’
- A few of her songs on the channel gathered wide popularity and reached 50 million views within a short span.
- In 2021, she was offered to sing the song ‘Saami Saami’ for the Telugu film ‘Pushpa: The Rise’ (2021). The film starred Allu Arjun in the lead role. Her song was a huge hit and gained her immense popularity.
- Reportedly, in 2021, film director Sukumar’s manager called Monika and told her that Sukumar wanted her to sing a song for his film. Initially, she thought it to be a fake call, however, after calling back to the number, she was convinced. The manager told her that she would have to visit Chennai for the project. Monika then moved to Chennai along with her father. Talking about it in an interview, she said,
When I saw Devisree Prasad in the recording studio, I could not speak. He called me after hearing my song ‘Bawa .. Osari Rawa ..’ It was sung again, voice tested and sent. I was worried all day and night whether they would like it or not. The next day telling about the movie .. Devi read every sentence in the lyrics and explained the meaning. I practised and finished singing in three days.”
- Monika likes to dance and travel in her spare time.
- During an interview, Monika talked about the hardships that her family faced when she was young. She shared that her mother often used to pawn her jewellery to arrange money for her daughters’ (singing) and her father took them to the singing venues, putting aside his work.