Sukumar Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
Wife: Thabitha Sukumar
Age: 51 Years
Hometown: Mattaparru, East Godavari District Of Andhra Pradesh
|Full name||Sukumar Bandreddi IMDb|
|Profession(s)||Director, Producer, Screenwriter|
|Famous For||Directing the Telugu movie 'Arya' in 2004|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 167 cm
in meters- 1.67 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 42 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 12 Inches
|Hair Colour||Salt and Pepper|
|Debut||Director and Writer: Telugu film 'Arya' (2004)
Producer: Telugu film 'Kumari 21F' (2015)
• Best Screenplay Writer for the movie 'Arya' in 2005 (Won)
Filmfare Awards South:
• Best Director – Telugu for the movie 'Arya' in 2005 (Won)
• Best Director – Telugu for the movie 'Arya 2" in 2010 (Nominated)
• Best Director - Telugu for the movie 'Rangasthalam' in 2019 (Nominated)
• Best Director - Telugu for the movie '100% Love' in 2013 (Nominated)
South Indian International Movie Awards:
• Best Director (Telugu) for the movie '100% Love' in 2013 (Nominated)
• Best Director (Telugu) for the movie 'Nannaku Prematho' in 2017 (Nominated)
• Best Director (Telugu) for the movie 'Rangasthalam' in 2019 (Won)
• Best Director (Jury) for the movie 'Arya' in 2005 (Won)
• Best Screenplay writer for the movie 'Arya' in 2005 (Won)
• He won the Santosham Film Awards for Best Director for the movie 'Rangasthalam' in 2019 (Won)
• He won the KV Reddy Memorial Award in 2014
|Date of Birth||11 January 1970 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||51 Years|
|Hometown||Mattaparru, East Godavari district, Andhra Pradesh|
|School||Zilla Parishad High School, Andhra Pradesh|
|Educational Qualification||Master of Mathematics|
|Food Habit||Vegetarian PINKVILLA|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||13 June 2009|
|Children||Son- Sukranth Bandreddi
Daughter- Sukriti Bandreddi
|Parents||Father- Tirupathi Naidu (Trader)
Mother- Veera Veni (Homemaker)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sukumar
- Sukumar is an Indian director, producer, and screenwriter who is known for his work in Telugu films. He became famous for directing and writing the movie ‘Arya’ (2004).
- He has worked as a director and writer in the Telugu films Jagadam (2007), 100% Love (2011), 1: Nenokkadine (2014), Nannaku Prematho (2016), and Pushpa: The Rise (2021).
- He has produced Telugu films that include Darsakudu (2017), 100% Kadhal (2020), and Uppena (2021).
- He has his own banner named ‘Sukumar Writings’ under which he produces films.
- When he was six years old, he became a vegetarian because one of his favourite roosters was killed and cooked.
- Before working in films, Sukumar used to teach mathematics and physics at the Aditya Junior college, Kakinada. He worked as a lecturer for six years before starting his career in films. He began his career in films as a writer and assisted big directors.
- During the screening of his debut movie, ‘Arya,’ he met his wife Thabitha. Later, they got married to each other, but Thabitha’s parents did not accept their marriage at that time.
- In an interview, he talked about his film ‘Pushpa’ and said that he first thought of making it a web series, but later, he did a lot of research about it and decided to make it a film.
- In June 2021, Sukumar was diagnosed with dengue, and the shoot of his film ‘Pushpa’ was paused.
- In 2021, Sukumar directed the film ‘Pushpa: The Rise – Part 1.’ The film was released in five other languages, and it became a hit. The movie made the business of almost Rs. 128 crores gross worldwide in the first week after it was released. The film ‘Pushpa: The Rise – Part 1’ also became the seventh film in the Telugu film industry to earn such a huge amount in the first week after the release. In an interview, Sukumar talked about the film and the actors in the films and said,
I have come to know that, despite the competition from ‘Spider-Man’, our film has created a record in Nizam territory. In Hindi, we didn’t do adequate publicity due to time constraints. SS Rajamouli garu kept prodding me to do publicity. I told him my film is not a ‘RRR’ or a ‘KGF’. He said that if I believe that it’s a pan-India film, it will be one. Rs 4 Cr is what our film has made in North India (Hindi version) on Day 1. Bunny is quite popular among the Hindi audience. His popularity has fetched the film this kind of market.”
- In 2021, he donated Rs 18 lakh to build two new classrooms in a government school at Mattaparru village, where he studied as a child.