|Full name||Muyiwa Ademola Authentic Instagram|
|Nickname(s)||Mr. Authentic, Muyi Authentic Facebook The Nigerian Voice|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Film Producer, Film Director, Scriptwriter, Businessman|
|Famous For||His performance in the Nigerian films “Ori” (2004), Indomie Lomo (2004), and “Igi owo” (2007)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Citation Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Debut||Film (Nigerian; Producer): Asise (1995)|
|Date of Birth||January 26, 1971 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||50 Years|
|Birthplace||Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria|
|Hometown||Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria|
|School||• Christ Church School, Ibadan
• Mapo V, Elekuro, Ibadan
• St. David’s High School, Molete, Ibadan
|College/University||University of Ibadan|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• A certificate in Chemistry from an institute affiliated with an institute in London.
• Bachelor of Education degree in Adult Education Facebook The Nigerian Voice
|Hobbies||Reading, Meeting People, Making People Happy, Watching Movies, Listening to Music |
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Omo Kehinde Oluwadamilola Bankole (Sexy Winger) (Actress; Rumoured)
• An unknown woman with whom he has two children
• Omolara Ademola
|Marriage Date||23 June 2006|
|Children||Muyiwa has five children; two from his past relationship with an unknown woman and three from his wife (Four sons and one daughter).
|Parents||Father- Isiah Ademola
Mother- Rebecca Ademola
|Assets/Properties||A 5 bedroom mansion in Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria, worth N20 million. Things To Know|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$400,000 (as of 2021) Things To Know|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Muyiwa Ademola
- Muyiwa Ademola is a Nigerian actor, film director, film producer, scriptwriter, and businessman.
- Muyiwa grew up in a financially weak family in Abeokuta. In an interview, he shared that his family was so poor that his father never owned a motorcycle and there was no TV at his home until he went to secondary school.
- In an interview, sharing his childhood memories, Ademola said,
I grew up in one of the “slummiest” slums in Ibadan. No electricity for several years, I had to make use of “kuufin” (local lamp) while reading for my SSCE (We had only one lantern which no one dare touch). I had my university education 13 years after my sec school, yet I’m being celebrated in this manner.”
- In his school days, Muyiwa obtained the West Africa Secondary School Certificate.
- Post his secondary schooling, Muyiwa worked as a sales executive at the Great Nigeria Insurance Company for around a year.
- Muyiwa experienced acting for the first time while he was in elementary school. Once his class fellow who was cast for a school play met with an accident and could not take part in it. At that time, Muyiwa was selected to replace him by his school teachers.
- Similarly, when he was in secondary school, he was picked up as a replacement for Ishola Ogunsola’s son who was earlier cast for a play.
- Having an interest in acting despite being a science student landed him the position of the Director of Publicity in the School’s Press Club.
- Muyiwa owned a corner on the school’s bulletin board named Muyi’s corner. He used to put up short poems, jokes, and cartoons on it.
- While in college, he started writing scripts and launched a novel named Secrets of Death, which was encouraged by his English teacher, Mr. Aluko.
- Muyiwa entered the Nigerian film industry through Charles Olumo (Yoruba actor). Charles introduced him to a movie director named S.I Ola, who later taught the basics of acting and filmmaking.
- In 1991, he made his acting debut with a Yoruba film.
- Next, he produced a film titled ‘Asise’ (1995) using his first-ever written script.
- In 2004, Muyiwa was featured in the Yoruba film “Ori” as a mad man. He even directed the film. In 2005, the film received the best indigenous film award at the 1st Africa Movie Academy Awards.
- Some of his other Yoruba films include “Ogo Pupa” (2008), “Fimidara Ire” (2017), and “Oko Gbarada” (2019).
- Ademola is the CEO of Muy Authentic Presentations, a film production company in Nigeria.
- He is the brand ambassador of Schemelink Residence Limited.
- In order to train talented actors, Muyiwa established a theatre school named “Authentic School of Drama” in Nigeria in 2004.
- Ademola met with a deadly accident in 2013.
- In 2015, Muyiwa created a YouTube channel named ‘MUY Authentic TV.’ He uploads entertainment videos on his channel.
- In 2018, a fan named Apostle Tope Onileowo gifted Muyiwa a Corolla car for his performance in the Yoruba film ‘Ori’ (2004).
- While sharing the details of his role in the 2019 Nigerian film ‘Bipolar,’ Ademola said,
I play the role of a psychiatrist who discovers that a lady has bipolar. It is a film I like all Nigerians to watch as we talk about an issue most people ignore. Both the rich and the poor suffer from it; there is a need to show love to people living with bipolar. If you don’t do that, they will get to a point where they think everyone hates them, and committing suicide becomes the next option.”
- During an interview, Muyiwa revealed that his family did not like his choice of career. He said,
The first opposition to my choice of career came from my family. For instance, my father could not fathom why the son of an elder in the church shuttled between one location and the other to keep body and soul together. My father did not see acting as befitting enough for any of his children. But I would not budge.”
- The Nigerian actors Dele Odule, Adebayo Salami (Oga Bello), and Charles Olumo (Agbako) are his idols.
- Ademola has a good command of English and the Yoruba language.
- During an interview, Ademola revealed that he once suffered from depression and his wife helped him overcome it. He said,
I felt depressed during that period. I had stories that once you saw them, you would just go home and sleep. I felt dejected and thought it was over for me as an actor. But my wife helped me through those times. She assured me that it was a passing phase and it was actually one.”
- He once announced that he was stepping into politics and would run for senator in the 2023 general election. However, later he denied it and said that he had no interest in politics.
- As of 2021, Ademola has directed, produced, and featured in around 100 Yoruba films.