Husband: Amit Singh Katchwah
Height: 5’ 5”
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Bollywood Song: 'Jheeni Re Jheeni' song in the film 'Issaq'
TV: Sa Re Ga Ma Pa (2009)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• In 2008, Pratibha Singh Baghel won Lata Mangeshkar Alankaran Award in Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
• She has won 'National Classical Vocal' award.
|Date of Birth||4 January|
|Birthplace||Rewah, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Rewah, Madhya Pradesh, India
|Relationships & More|
|Husband/Spouse||Amit Singh Katchwah
|Parents||Father-Name Not Known
Mother- Seema Singh
|Siblings||Brother- Nirnay Baghel (Actor)
|Song||'Itni Muddat Baad Mile Ho' by Ghulam Ali|
|Singer||Indian: Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle
American: Whitney Houston
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pratibha Singh Baghel
- Pratibha Singh Baghel is an Indian singer and actor who made her debut on ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2009 Challenge’ in 2009. She also plays the lead role of ‘Umrao Jaan,’ in the theatre play, ‘Umrao Jaan Ada- The Musical.’
- Pratibha was passionate about singing since childhood. She started singing at age of just three. It was her father who encouraged her to enter the world of music.
- In 2009, she made her television debut with ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2009 Challenge,’ an Indian musical reality show. She was a top finalist on the show and belonged to ‘Lakshya Gharana,’ Shankar Mahadevan‘s team.
- She also participated in ‘Zee Cine Stars Ki Khoj’ (2014). Later, she was also a part of the reality show ‘Mega Challenge’ on Zee TV, in which she had represented Madhya Pradesh.
- Pratibha has lent her voice in various films such as Issaq (2013), Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhaniya (2014), Zid (2014), Luckhnowi Ishq (2015), Bollywood Diaries (2016), Shorgul (2016).
- Pratibha has also lent her voice to a few Tamil, Gujarati, Marathi, and Punjabi songs. Yet, the versatile singer holds a special place for ‘Ghazals’ in her heart. In an interview, she said,
Although I love singing all genres of music, I have a special place for Ghazals.”
- Later, Pratibha played the role of ‘Bahar’ in the musical play,’ Mughal-e-Azam: The Musical,’ which won seven awards, including the Best Indian Play at the Broadway World India Awards 2017.
- Post her success in the theatre, she lent her voice to several other films like, Baazaar (2018), Saand ki Aankh (2019), and Manikarnika (2019).
- Her songs ‘Rajaji’ and ‘Tak Taki’ in the film ‘Manikarnika: The Jhansi Ki Rani’ gained immense popularity to her.
- In 2019, Pratibha Singh Baghel portrayed the mesmerising role of ‘Umrao Jaan’ in another musical theatre play, ‘Umrao Jaan Ada- The Musical.’ She was the lead actress as well as the background singer in the play. Apart from Delhi and Mumbai, the play also got an overwhelming response from London. It was performed at Sadler’s Well’s Theatre, from 22 to 26 January 2020, and the event was sold-out.
- In 2020, she lent her voice in ‘Bandish Bandits,’ an Indian Television web series on Amazon Prime Video.
References/Sources: [ + ]