|Full Name||Upasana Kamineni Konidela|
|Famous For||Being the wife of Ram Charan|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Hair Colour||Golden Brown|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Mahatma Gandhi Award for Leadership in Corporate Social Responsibility in 2019
• Dadasaheb Phalke – Philanthropist of the Year award in 2019
• Femina Recognition in Healthcare Awards in 2017
|Date of Birth||20 July 1989 (Thursday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||30 Years|
|College/University||Regent's University, London|
|Educational Qualification||Degree in International Business Marketing & Management|
|Hobbies||Driving, Horse riding, Sea diving, Playing polo, and Watching films|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||14 June 2012|
|Marriage Place||Temple Trees Farm House, Chennai|
|Parents||Father- Anil Kamineni (Entrepreneur, Founder of KEI Group (a diversified logistics, leisure & infrastructure business))
Mother- Shobana Kamineni (Entrepreneur, President at Confederation of Indian Industry and the Executive Vice-Chairperson of Apollo Hospitals)
|Siblings||Brother- Puansh Kamineni
Sister- Anushpala Kamineni
|Favourite Food||Kachchi Biryani, Hyderabadi Biryani, Pucci Biryani of Awadh, Dum Pukht, Samosa|
|Favourite TV Shows||Shark Tank Series|
|Favourite Fashion Brands||Louis Vuitton|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Upasana Kamineni
- Upasana Kamineni is the Vice Chairperson of Apollo Foundation (which identifies, treats, and educates people in need of medical care) and Apollo Life (a healthcare and wellness site, which provides information related to health, wellness, and fitness).
- Upasana’s maternal grandfather, Prathap C. Reddy is Padma Vibhushan recipient and founder of India’s first corporate health care, Apollo Hospitals. Her maternal aunts- Preetha Reddy, Sangita Reddy, and Suneeta Reddy are Directors at Apollo Hospitals.
- She is the daughter-in-law of veteran South Indian actor Chiranjeevi.
- Upasana wanted to work with Apollo Hospitals since her childhood. When she turned a teen, she decided to become a fashion designer. Soon, Upasana realised that she was a better shopper than a designer and decided to go back to her family business.
- From her childhood to her adulthood, she suffered from obesity. Talking about her obesity and weight loss story she said-
I was huge as a child growing up in America! When I moved to London, I decided I had to complete a full round of Hyde Park, and also finish the London Marathon. In the bargain I wrecked my knees. So, the will was there but I wasn’t doing it right. I was 95 kg, so I decided to cut carbs completely. That didn’t work. So I cut out rice and wheat, and ate oats instead, and that worked so well for me. Then I added a bit of high protein. I walked to college instead of using my car, or a cab or the Tube.”
- Upasana was entangled in philanthropy from a very young age. When she was a student, she started a movement called ‘U Exchange,’ in which, she used to collect old textbooks and notebooks and give them to the children in the Naxal areas.
- Ram Charan and Upasana met through common friends at a sports club in London. They both became friends and their friendship slowly developed into love. Later, they both decided to marry each other. She calls Charan ‘Mr. C’ with love.
- Charan was an actor and many considered Upasana to be unworthy of him as she was a fatty, which hurt her. However, she tried hard and managed to lose weight and became an inspiration for many.
- In 2016, there were speculations about her and Ram Charan getting divorced, which became a hot topic in the town. Later, during an interview, Upasana cleared the rumours saying that she didn’t care about what everyone had written about them as Upasana and her husband loved each other.
- She has launched JIYO app with Deepak Chopra, the Indian born American author and medical advocate. It is an app which tracks stress and wellness levels of an individual and sends them a ‘wellness prescription.’
- She is good friends with the fashion designers Anamika Khanna, Abu Jani, Sandeep Khosla, and Tarun Tahiliani.
- Upasana and Tamannaah Bhatia are best friends. Seeing Tamannaah’s performance in “Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy” (2019), Upasana gifted her a giant crystal ring.
- She likes animals and believes in loving and respecting them as humans.
- She is a dog lover and owns more than 5 dogs.
- Upasana also loves horses and has a horse named, Daisy. Daisy is a Falabella (a miniature breed of horse) and was gifted to her by Ram Charan after one month of their marriage.
- In an interview, she confessed that if had she not been in the healthcare business, she would have become a waitress and lived on an island by the beach.
- She also has an interest in interior designing and has designed the interiors of one of her wellness centres.