|Full Name||Upasana Kamineni Konidela|
|Famous For||• Being the wife of Ram Charan
• Vice Chairperson CSR of Apollo Hospitals Foundation which believes in dealing with dignity and empathy
• Wellbeing Curator, Founder & Managing Director of URLife a holistic well-being platform and a forerunner in corporate wellness
• Managing Director of Family Health Plan Insurance TPA Limited (FHPL) India’s most sought after and technology driven TPA
• Ambassador of Forest Frontline Heroes (India) and Philanthropy Ambassador (AP & Telangana) at WWF India, continuously working to provide support to forest heroes
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Hair Colour||Golden Brown|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Mahatma Gandhi Award for Leadership in Corporate Social Responsibility in 2019
• Dadasaheb Phalke – Philanthropist of the Year award in 2019
• Femina Recognition in Healthcare Awards in 2017
|Date of Birth||20 July 1989 (Thursday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||30 Years|
|College/University||Regent's University, London|
|Educational Qualification||Degree in International Business Marketing & Management|
|Hobbies||Driving, Horse riding, Sea diving, Playing polo, and Watching films|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||14 June 2012|
|Marriage Place||Temple Trees Farm House, Chennai|
|Parents||Father- Anil Kamineni (Entrepreneur, Founder of KEI Group (a diversified logistics, leisure & infrastructure business))
Mother- Shobana Kamineni (Entrepreneur, President at Confederation of Indian Industry and the Executive Vice-Chairperson of Apollo Hospitals)
|Siblings||Brother- Puansh Kamineni
Sister- Anushpala Kamineni
|Favourite Food||Kachchi Biryani, Hyderabadi Biryani, Pucci Biryani of Awadh, Dum Pukht, Samosa|
|Favourite TV Shows||Shark Tank Series|
|Favourite Fashion Brands||Louis Vuitton|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Upasana Kamineni
- Upasana Kamineni is the Vice Chairperson of Apollo Foundation (which identifies, treats, and educates people in need of medical care) and Apollo Life (a healthcare and wellness site, which provides information related to health, wellness, and fitness).
- Upasana’s maternal grandfather, Prathap C. Reddy is Padma Vibhushan recipient and founder of India’s first corporate health care, Apollo Hospitals. Her maternal aunts- Preetha Reddy, Sangita Reddy, and Suneeta Reddy are Directors at Apollo Hospitals.
- She is the daughter-in-law of veteran South Indian actor Chiranjeevi.
- Upasana wanted to work with Apollo Hospitals since her childhood. When she turned a teen, she decided to become a fashion designer. Soon, Upasana realised that she was a better shopper than a designer and decided to go back to her family business.
- From her childhood to her adulthood, she suffered from obesity. Talking about her obesity and weight loss story she said-
I was huge as a child growing up in America! When I moved to London, I decided I had to complete a full round of Hyde Park, and also finish the London Marathon. In the bargain I wrecked my knees. So, the will was there but I wasn’t doing it right. I was 95 kg, so I decided to cut carbs completely. That didn’t work. So I cut out rice and wheat, and ate oats instead, and that worked so well for me. Then I added a bit of high protein. I walked to college instead of using my car, or a cab or the Tube.”
- Upasana was entangled in philanthropy from a very young age. When she was a student, she started a movement called ‘U Exchange,’ in which, she used to collect old textbooks and notebooks and give them to the children in the Naxal areas.
- Ram Charan and Upasana met through common friends at a sports club in London. They both became friends and their friendship slowly developed into love. Later, they both decided to marry each other. She calls Charan ‘Mr. C’ with love.
- Charan was an actor and many considered Upasana to be unworthy of him as she was a fatty, which hurt her. However, she tried hard and managed to lose weight and became an inspiration for many.
- Upasana Kamineni Konidela, a next-gen entrepreneur, well-being curator, sustainability-activist, animal-conservationist and a distinguished philanthropist from the Apollo Hospitals family, believes in creating socialistic sustainable businesses that create a meaningful impact while giving back to society as a whole.
- The Apollo Hospitals Group spearheads many first-of-its-kind initiatives in healing India; two of which are: The Apollo Foundation and URLife. The former beliefs in identifying, diagnosing, treating, and educating people in need of medical care. On the other hand, URLife is about making Urban India and the Indian workforce increase their productivity and manage their wellbeing harmoniously.
- Upasana started URLife using herself and her organization as an example. Incorporating best wellbeing practices from around the world to help increase the productivity of Corporate India is her main focus. Upasana firmly believes that the world can #HEALININDIA by exploring the wisdom of alternative medicine and healing.
- Today URLife has the largest number of Occupational Health Centres in the country. URLife has been lauded for its remarkable feats in the wellness space and has accumulated accolades, Economic Times Retail Icon & Realty Award in 2017 being one of them.
- The reputed BPositive magazine was the brainchild of Upasana Kamineni Konidela a decade ago. During the pandemic, she made a sustainable shift by opting to go digital to save the planet and reach a wider audience. Rebranded as URLife, the platform shares engaging content and will gradually evolve into an eCommerce product & service provider in the well-being space. URLife is committed to encouraging you to live UR life to the fullest, by harnessing the power of technology to promote healthy lifestyle choices!
- The Apollo Foundation believes in giving back with respect and empathy, whether it’s taking care of forest guards who protect our wildlife or providing the abandoned elderly with adequate medical care. The Apollo Foundation takes great pride in conceptualizing the Brainchild of Dr Prathap C Reddy’s self-sustaining breakthrough model to help rural India stay healthy from womb to tomb – The Total Health Initiative.
- With an International Business Marketing & Management degree from Regents University, London and Love for Health & Wellbeing, Upasana received the Femina Award for Recognition in Healthcare in 2017. She was also recognized as Tycoons of Tomorrow and felicitated by Forbes in 2018. Upasana has also been awarded the Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award for Philanthropist of the Year 2019.
- She believes that Technology should be used as a strong tool to heal the world and, has expressed her views at various forums and stages such as The Sages & Scientists Conference in Beverly Hills, California. She spoke at AIMA – 41st National Management Convention on the theme of “Changing Times: Reinventing the India Story”; spoke at India Today Conclave South on “The Next Generation: Banking on the Youth”.
- Upasana is also a member of the YPO Hyderabad chapter and a member of CII – Telangana. Her transformation from fat to fit and ideologies on mental wellbeing has made her an influencer on almost all digital platforms.
- An adventure seeker, Upasana and her husband Ram Charan (Actor, Producer) are known as young inspirational influencers of South India. Their interests include fitness, mindful well-being and wildlife conservation.
- In 2016, there were speculations about her and Ram Charan getting divorced, which became a hot topic in the town. Later, during an interview, Upasana cleared the rumours saying that she didn’t care about what everyone had written about them as Upasana and her husband loved each other.
- She has launched JIYO app with Deepak Chopra, the Indian born American author and medical advocate. It is an app that tracks stress and wellness levels of an individual and sends them a ‘wellness prescription.’
- She is good friends with the fashion designers Anamika Khanna, Abu Jani, Sandeep Khosla, and Tarun Tahiliani.
- Upasana and Tamannaah Bhatia are best friends. Seeing Tamannaah’s performance in “Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy” (2019), Upasana gifted her a giant crystal ring.
- She likes animals and believes in loving and respecting them as humans.
- She is a dog lover and owns more than 5 dogs.
- Upasana also loves horses and has a horse named, Daisy. Daisy is a Falabella (a miniature breed of horse) and was gifted to her by Ram Charan after one month of their marriage.
- In an interview, she confessed that if had she not been in the healthcare business, she would have become a waitress and lived on an island by the beach.
- She also has an interest in interior designing and has designed the interiors of one of her wellness centres.