|Real Name||Nandamuri Harikrishna|
|Profession(s)||Politician, Actor, Producer|
|Political Party||Telugu Desam Party (TDP)|
|Political Journey||1995: Joined the TDP
1995-1996: Cabinet Minister for Road Transport in Naidu’s Cabinet
1996: Launched his own party ATDP (Anna Telugu Desam Party)
1996-1999: Member of the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly
2006: Rejoined the TDP
2008: Candidate of the Telugu Desam Party for election to the Rajya Sabha
2014: Left the Rajya Sabha membership
|Date of Birth||2 September 1956|
|Birthplace||Village Nimmakuru, District Krishna, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Date of Death||29 August 2018|
|Place of Death||Nalgonda, Telangana, India|
|Age (at the time of death)||61 Years|
|Death Cause||Head injury following a road accident|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|School||Senior Secondary School, Chennai, India|
|Educational Qualification||10th Standard|
|Debut||Film (Child Actor): Sri Krishnavataram (1967)
Film (Actor and Producer): Daana Veera Soora Karna (1977)
|Address||H. No. 10-3-310/A/2, Humayan Nagar, Masab Tank, Hyderabad-500 028, Telangana, India|
|Award||Nandi Award for Best Character Actor (Lahiri Lahiri Lahirilo, 2002)|
|Girls, Affairs, and More|
|Marriage Date||22 February 1973 (1st Marriage)|
|Wife/Spouse||Lakshmi Nandamuri (m. 1973)
Shalini Bhaskar Rao
|Children||Sons- Janaki Ram (died in 2014), Nandamuri Kalyan Ram (both with Lakshmi Nandamuri) Jr. NTR (with Shalini Bhaskar Rao- photo in the wife's section; above)
Daughter- Nandamuri Suhasini (with Lakshmi Nandamuri)
|Parents||Father- N. T. Rama Rao (Actor, Producer, Director, Editor and Politician- Died in 1996)
Mother- Basavatarakam Nandamuri
Step-Mother- Lakshmi Parvathi
• Nandamuri Ramakrishna Sr. (Deceased)
• Nandamuri Jayakrishna
• Nandamuri Saikrishna (Deceased)
• Nandamuri Harikrishna (Actor)
• Nandamuri Mohanakrishna
• Nandamuri Balakrishna (Actor, Politician)
• Nandamuri Ramakrishna Jr. (Film Producer)
• Nandamuri Jayashankar
• Daggubati Purandeswari (Politician)
• Nara Bhuvaneswari
• Garapati Lokeswari
• Kantamaneni Uma
(Note- Few are real siblings and few are half-siblings)
|Car Collection||Toyota Fortuner|
Bank Deposits: ₹3 Lakhs
Jewellery: ₹7 Lakhs (as in 2014)
A Non-Agricultural Land worth ₹12 Lakhs
A Commercial Building worth ₹1.25 Crore
|Salary (approx.)||Not Known|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹7 Crore (as in 2014)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nandamuri Harikrishna
- Did Nandamuri Harikrishna smoke?: Not Known
- Did Nandamuri Harikrishna drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Nandamuri Harikrishna was an Indian Politician and actor associated with the Tamil Film Industry where he was one of the most successful child artists.
- He was the fourth son of N. T. Rama Rao, former Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh. One of the most popular Chief Ministers of Andhra Pradesh, N. Chandrababu Naidu is his brother-in-law.
- He made his first on-screen appearance in 1967 as a child artist in the Telugu Mythological film ‘Sri Krishnavataram’ as ‘Little Krishna’.
- He did many Tamil movies like ‘Tatamma Kala’, ‘Ram Raheem’, ‘Siva Rama Raju’, ‘Seetharama Raju’, ‘Lahiri Lahiri Lahirilo’, ‘Sravanamasam. etc.
- In 1995, after becoming the Cabinet Minister of Road Transport, he gave an opportunity to hundreds of women for the post of the bus conductor.
- He took a break from acting, and subsequently, accompanied his father for TDP campaigning, and in 1998, he came back in the film industry by appearing in the movie ‘Sri Ramulayya’.
- In 2003, his performance as ‘Seetayya’ in the film ‘Seetayya’ was critically acclaimed by the viewers.
- On 29 August 2018, at around 5:45 a.m, he died in a road accident when he was driving to Kavali to attend the marriage of one of his fans. His car rammed into a divider and he fell out of the car, as a result, he suffered a severe head injury and was declared “brought dead” by the doctors at the Kamineni Hospital which is 15 km away from the accident site.
- In his family, this was a third road accident occurred in Nalgonda district on national highways; as his two sons- Janaki Ram and Jr. NTR had also met road accidents; in which Janaki Ram had died while Jr. NTR suffered minor injuries to spine, ribs, and bruises on head and hands.
- His lucky number was ‘2323’ and most of his vehicles are registered with the same number. Coincidentally, in 2014, his elder son Janaki Ram died driving a vehicle no. ‘AP29BD2323’ whereas he himself died driving ‘AP28BW2323’.
- He died just before 3 days of his 62nd birthday.