|Famous For||Being the first Japanese to win a Tennis Grand Slam title (US Open Winner in 2018)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||32-30-34|
|Turned Pro||September 2013|
|Coach/Mentor(s)||Patrick Tauma, Harold Solomon, David Taylor, Sascha Bajin|
|Favourite Shot||Forehand SI|
|Records/Achievements||• WTA Newcomer of the Year in 2016
• Won the US Open title in 2018
• The 1st Japanese to win a Grand Slam title
|Career Turning Point||Her performance at the 2014 Bank of the West Classic|
|Date of Birth||16 October 1997|
|Age (as in 2017)||20 Years|
|Birthplace||Chūō-ku, Osaka, Japan|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Nationalities||American, Japanese Daily Mail|
|Hometown||Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA|
|School(s)||• Alden Terrace School, New York
• Broward Virtual High School, Florida
|Educational Qualification||High School Graduate|
|Hobbies||Reading, Travelling, Listening to Music, Playing on PlayStation|
|Boys, Affairs, and More|
|Parents||Father- Leonard Maxime Francois
Mother- Tamaki Osaka
Sister- Mari Osaka (Elder, Tennis Player)
|Favourite Tennis Player(s)||Serena Williams, Novak Djokovic SI|
|Favourite Tennis Court||Grass-Court|
|Favourite Coach||Richard Williams|
|Favourite Film||Planet of the Apes SI|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Beyonce, Amanda Palmer, Hikaru Utata SI|
|Favourite Book||Open by Andre Agassi SI|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$4 million (as in 2018)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Naomi Osaka
- Does Naomi Osaka smoke?: No
- Does Naomi Osaka drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Naomi grew up in a multicultural house; as her mother was born in Japan, and her father was born in Haiti.
- Her parents first met in Japan, and after getting married following family disputes, they moved to New York, and later, settled down in Florida. At that time, Naomi was 3 years old.
- She and her sister use their mother’s surname instead of their father’s; because when they were in Japan, their “Osaka” surname made it easier for them to get admission in schools and get rented houses.
- She and her sister started playing tennis at a young age, initially under their father, and later, at the ProWorld Tennis Academy in Delray, Florida. Though she holds the dual-citizenship of both the U.S. and Japan, when she started playing professional tennis, her father took a bold decision and registered them with the Japanese Tennis Association; as the United States Tennis Association didn’t show much interest in them.
- In tennis, she represents Japan; not Haiti or the U.S.
- In the 2018 US Open, she made a huge upset by defeating her idol, Serena Williams.