Age: 23 Years
Height: 5' 11"
Marital Status: Unmarried
|Famous For||Being the first Japanese to win a Tennis Grand Slam title (US Open Winner in 2018)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||32-30-34|
|Turned Pro||September 2013|
|Coach/Mentor(s)||Patrick Tauma, Harold Solomon, David Taylor, Sascha Bajin|
|Favourite Shot||Forehand SI|
|Records/Achievements||• WTA Newcomer of the Year in 2016
• Won the US Open title in 2018
• The 1st Japanese to win a Grand Slam title
|Career Turning Point||Her performance at the 2014 Bank of the West Classic|
|Date of Birth||16 October 1997|
|Age (as in 2020)||23 Years|
|Birthplace||Chūō-ku, Osaka, Japan|
|Nationalities||American, Japanese Daily Mail|
|Hometown||Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA|
|School(s)||• Alden Terrace School, New York
• Broward Virtual High School, Florida
|Educational Qualification||High School Graduate|
|Hobbies||Reading, Travelling, Listening to Music, Playing on PlayStation|
|Boys, Affairs, and More|
|Parents||Father- Leonard Maxime Francois
Mother- Tamaki Osaka
Sister- Mari Osaka (Elder, Tennis Player)
|Tennis Player(s)||Serena Williams, Novak Djokovic SI|
|Film||Planet of the Apes SI|
|Singer(s)||Beyonce, Amanda Palmer, Hikaru Utata SI|
|Book||Open by Andre Agassi SI|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$4 million (as in 2018)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Naomi Osaka
- Does Naomi Osaka smoke?: No
- Naomi grew up in a multicultural house; as her mother was born in Japan, and her father was born in Haiti.
- Her parents first met in Japan, and after getting married following family disputes, they moved to New York, and later, settled down in Florida. At that time, Naomi was 3 years old.
- She and her sister use their mother’s surname instead of their father’s; because when they were in Japan, their “Osaka” surname made it easier for them to get admission in schools and get rented houses.
- She and her sister started playing tennis at a young age, initially under their father, and later, at the ProWorld Tennis Academy in Delray, Florida. Though she holds the dual-citizenship of both the U.S. and Japan, when she started playing professional tennis, her father took a bold decision and registered them with the Japanese Tennis Association; as the United States Tennis Association didn’t show much interest in them.
- In tennis, she represents Japan; not Haiti or the U.S.
- In the 2018 US Open, she made a huge upset by defeating her idol, Serena Williams.
- Whenever she gets time, she does philanthropic works in Haiti.
- She is an avid dog lover and has a dog named Panda.
- On 12 September 2020, she claimed the third Grand Slam title of her career after she overcame Victoria Azarenka at the US Open. She fought back from the loss of the opening set to seal a 1-6, 6-3, 6-3 victory over Victoria Azarenka.