Age: 32 Years
Hometown: Toronto, Canada
|Full name||Navraj Singh Goraya Music Brainz|
|Stage name||Nav Music Brainz|
|Profession(s)||Rapper, Songwriter, Singer, and Record Producer|
|Famous for||His song "Myself," released in 2016|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Featured Artist: "Jokers" from the album 'Yours to Discover' (2015)
Single: "Some Way" from the album 'Nav' (2017)
EP: '1 Night' (2018)
Mixtape: The Introduction (2016)
Deluxe Album: Brown Boy 2 (2020)
Studio Album: Reckless (2018)
• Breakthrough Artist of the Year (2018) (nominated)
• Fan Choice (2019, 2020) (nominated)
• Rap Recording of the Year (2019, 2020) (nominated)
|Date of Birth||3 November 1989 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||32 Years|
|Birthplace||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Hometown||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|School||• West Humber Junior Middle school, Toronto, Canada
• Thistledown Collegiate Institute, Toronto, Canada
|College/University||Metalwork Institute in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada|
|Educational Qualification||A diploma in Audio Production and Engineering from Metalwork Institute in 2010 Metalworks Institute|
|Controversies||• N-word in his songs: In June 2017, Nav encountered strong negative reactions from his audience for repeatedly using the n-word in his songs such as in “My Mind,” “TTD,” and other songs. Fader
• XXL magazine controversy: In March 2018, Nav started publically criticizing XXL, an American hip-hop magazine, for not selecting him for the 2018 fisherman cover. HotNewHipHop
• Controversial interview with Pitchfork: In an interview with pitchfork in March 2019, while conveying his thoughts, Nav stated that, “Fame is something I want; it's a good problem to have. I'm still not there, because when I walk out of fucking Delilah in L.A. and TMZ will be standing out there with cameras and not even take a picture of me, I get sick. I get in my fucking Lambo truck right in front of them. All my jewellery on and they don't even take one picture." Genius - YouTube
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||His parents made a career in Canadian factories; his father drove a forklift, while his mother was involved in computer manufacturing. Complex|
|Siblings||He is the youngest of three siblings. Complex|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nav (rapper)
- Nav is a Canadian rapper, singer, songwriter, and record producer who gained mainstream attention after his song ‘Myself’ went viral in 2016.
- Before embarking on his solo career, Nav had co-produced Drake’s single ‘Back to Back’ in 2015.
- He grew up in an immigrant Indian Sikh family that settled in Toronto.
- He commenced his passion for music when his mother bought him a boom box in third grade on Christmas.
- His uncle was a popular singer in India, who also happened to be an inspiration for him to get into music, in fact, he was the first person to have brought him to the studio.
- He started making mash-ups and producing beats for local underground Toronto artists while he was studying in high school.
- On 4 September 2015, his song ‘Take Me Simple’ racked up over 10 million listeners on SoundCloud.
- He gained fame when reality TV star Kylie Jenner made a video of her while singing his song ‘Myself;’ she also posted it on Snapchat.
- In 2016, he co-wrote and solely produced American rapper and singer Travis Scott’s song “Beibs in the Trap;” the song culminated at number 90 on the Us Billboard Hot 100, and by July 2016, it got certified as 2x platinum by Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) after vending 2 million editions.
- On 15 February 2017, his single “Some Way,” which featured Canadian singer and label boss Abel Makkonen Tesfaye, professionally known as The Weeknd, was the top single from his debut self-proclaimed mixtape.
- His second studio album, Bad habits on XO Records and Republic Records, had guest appearances of Meek Mill, Young Thug, The Weeknd, Gunna, and Lil Durk.
- His lead single “Know Me” stood number one on the US Billionaire Top 200 albums chart in 2018.
- On 27 March 2020, the lead single “Turks” from his third studio album, Good Intentions, was the combined single of Nav and Gunna that featured Travis Scott, and it went on to become his highest-selling song as a lead artist.
- Nav is known for his smoking and drinking habits.