Height: 5' 7"
Education: 11th Standard
Age: 23 Years
|Real Name||Bilal Shaikh|
|Stage Name||Emiway Bantai|
|Profession(s)||Singer/Rapper (Hip-Hop/Rap/RnB/PoP), Dancer, Songwriter, Editor, Music Composer|
|Famous For||His song "Asli Hip Hop" and appearance in the film 'Gully Boy' (2019)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 38 inches
- Waist: 30 inches
- Biceps: 12 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||English Singles: "Glint Lock" ft. Minta (2013)
Hindi Singles: "Aur Bantai" (2014)
Bollywood Rapper & Actor: "Asli Hip Hop" for the film Gully Boy (2019)
|Awards, Achievements||2016- Radio City Freedom Award for the song "Aisa Kuch Shot Nai Hai"
|Date of Birth||13 November 1995|
|Age (as in 2018)||23 Years|
|Birthplace||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Educational Qualification||11th standard|
|Hobbies||Playing Football, Dancing|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Name Not Known
|Favourite Food||Dal Chawal with Papad|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Shah Rukh Khan, Ranveer Singh|
|Favourite Actress(es)||Kajol, Jacqueline Fernandez, Alia Bhatt|
|Favourite Film(s)||Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Arijit Singh, Atif Aslam|
|Favourite Rapper(s)||Eminem, Tech N9ne, NF, Token|
|Bike Collection||Hero Splender
Some Lesser Known Facts About Emiway Bantai
- Does Emiway Bantai smoke?: Not Known
- Does Emiway Bantai drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Emiway hails from a middle-class orthodox Muslim family with roots in Karnataka.
- He was good at studies till 10th standard, but when he reached the 11th standard, his focus shifted towards rap; after he started listening to Eminem. Moreover, he failed in 12th standard, after which he went through depression.
- He aspired to become a doctor.
- He adopted his stage name “Emiway” from the combination of the names of Eminem and Lil Wayne i.e., Emi+Way.
- It took a lot for him to learn hip-hop music.
- In 2014, he started making rap videos, just for fun. But, the initial response that he got was overwhelming, after which started taking rap music seriously.
- In 2013, he posted his first YouTube song “Glint Lock” with Minta in English.
- In his initial days as a rapper, he worked as a helper in the ‘Hard Rock Cafe’ to earn money to make rap music without taking support from his family. Co-incidentally, it was the same place where he received the Radio City Freedom Award, a few years later.
- Initially, he used to do rap in Engish, but his father suggested him to try it in Hindi so that the common Indians could understand it easily. Moreover, his father always wanted to be an actor and was featured in one of his videos.
- In 2014, he posted his first Hindi rap “Aur Bantai,” which was an instant hit.
- His much-needed breakthrough came nearly 2 years later, in 2017, when he collaborated with Raftaar for the song “#Sadak.”
- He has his own music studio named, Bantai The Studio.\
- Before becoming famous, Bantai had also appeared in the popular Indian reality talent show- India’s Got Talent.
- In 2018, he had a diss war with Raftaar. It all started when Raftaar questioned his capability as a rapper. To which, Emiway responded with a diss track titled “Samajh Mein Aaya Kya,” in response to which, Raftaar released a song titled “Sheikh Chilli,” to which Emiway responded with the song titled “Giraftaar.”
- His journey in Bollywood started off when he got a breakthrough in Zoya Akhtar‘s 2019 film ‘Gully Boy,’ where he not only did rapping in the song “Asli Hip-Hop,” but also showed his acting skills.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)