Husband: Ravish Kumar
|Famous For||Being the wife of famous Indian Hindi journalist Ravish Kumar|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Age (as of 2020)||Not Known|
|Birthplace||West Bengal, India|
|College/University||Deshbandhu College, University of Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||MPhil in HistoryYouTube|
|Relationships & More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nayana Das Gupta
- Nayana Dasgupta is a professor of Medieval Indian History at Lady Shri Ram College, Delhi University. She is best known for being the wife of NDTV India journalist Ravish Kumar.
- Born into an affluent family in West Bengal, Nayana was raised in Delhi. She completed her formal education in Delhi.
- It is said that the family members of both Nayana and Ravish were against their love marriage because they hailed from different castes. Nayana’s parents were more opposed to their marriage as Ravish was then an ordinary man, whereas Nayana belonged to a well-reputed family with her father being a joint secretary in the Defence Ministry of India. Outlook Hence, in order to tie the nuptial knot, they had to break ties with their parents, for a short while, until they accepted their marriage.
- According to media reports, Ravish and Nayana dated each other for 7 years before they got married.
- Nayana, who was inducted as a professor at Lady Shri Ram College for Women in 2006, has gathered more than 15 years of experience in teaching. She is specialised in the subject of Medieval Indian History. Cultural History of Medieval Bengal is her area of research, whereas she holds a great interest in aspects of women’s history.
- Although Ravish is an established journalist, Nayana still teaches him lessons from history which helps him in reporting.
- Nayana resides in Uttar Pradesh’s Ghaziabad with her family.