Neha Singh Rathore, Age, Husband, Family, Biography & More
Hometown: Kaimur, Bihar
Husband: Himanshu Singh (writer)
Age: 26 Years
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 167 cm
in meters- 1.67 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Debut||Film: Khakee: The Bihar Chapter (2022)
Song: Karkhana Band Hoi Gaile Hamar Piya (2020)
|Award||Ayodhya Mati Ratan in December 2022
|Date of Birth||Year 1997|
|Age (as of 2023)||26 Years|
|Birthplace||Village Jaldahan, district Kaimur, Bihar|
|Educational Qualification||B. Sc.|
|Controversies||• Slammed on social media: Neha Singh Rathore was slammed on social media by the students of Allahbaad University after the release of her song “Laike University Mein Admission” in November 2020. Through her song, Neha questioned the administration of the Allahbaad University (IVV) and students union there. She called the university ‘Oxford of the East’ upon which the students of the university raged and demanded for a legal action against her. They also submitted a memorandum to the chief proctor to demand to file an FIR against the singer.
• Received a legal notice: On 16 February 2023, Neha Singh Rathore released the Season 2 of the song “UP Mein Ka Ba” for which she received a legal notice from the Kanpur police. In this song, she was sarcastically putting allegation on UP government and also mentioned the Dixit family incident that took place in UP in which a 45 years old woman and her 20 years old daughter died to ashes when their house got fired while crushed by the bulldozer during a demolition drive. According to Kanpur Police, the lyrics of the song are voilent and through her song, Neha was trying to spread ‘disharmony and tensions’ in the society for which they sent her a legal notice consisting seven questions and asked her to answer them within three days. The police also said that if she will not answer the notice within the given time period, they will take necessary actions against her. Hindustan Times
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||21 June 2022|
|Husband/Spouse||Himanshu Singh (writer)
|Parents||Father- Ramesh Singh (architect)
Mother- Champa Devi (homemaker)
|Siblings||Brother- Vijay Singh (elder; CRPF employee)
Sister- 1 (Name not known)
|Car Collection||Tata Nexon
Some Lesser Known Facts About Neha Singh Rathore
- Neha Singh Rathor is an Indian folk singer who sings self-composed Bhojpuri songs. She is mainly known for her sarcastic songs through which she often questions the government for its mismanagement and throws light on some crucial issues in Indian society such as unemployment, dowry, poverty, and woman empowerment.
- She started singing folk songs in 2018. In an interview, she talked about her motive behind singing in traditional renditions and said that she wants to spread the beauty of Bhojpuri songs through her singing style. She believes that the songs in most of the Bhojpuri movies have become vulgar and misogynistic and by singing in traditional renditions she wants to restore the honour of Bhojpuri. Her social media bio states “Fighting to restore the honour of Bhojpuri that has been ripped off by the sleazy movie songs.”
- She uploaded her first song ‘Karkhana Band Hoi Gaile Hamar Piya’ on 13 May 2020 on her YouTube channel under the title Dharohar. In the song, she described the problems faced by labourers after the shutdown of factories during the Corona pandemic lockdown.
- She made many songs during the pandemic lockdown in 2020 through which she spread awareness about the coronavirus and described its disastrous impacts. Some of her such songs include ‘Corona Mahamari Ho Gaiyl’ and ‘Corona Ke Daibe Chuni Chuni Gari.’
- Neha Singh Rathore gained fame after her song ‘Bihar Mein Ka Ba’ become popular on the internet, which she made in the influence of the song ‘Bombay Main Ka Ba’ sung by Manoj Bajpayee. In the song, she talked about the corrupted ministers and poor healthcare facilities in the state. She later made the second part of the song in which she raised her voice against the poor education facilities and talked about a flood in Bihar.
- Highlighting the incident of Morbi Bridge collapsing in 2022 and questioning the Gujarat government, she sang the song ‘Gujarat Mein Ka Ba’ in November 2022.
- She also made the song ‘UP Mein Ka Ba’ (seasons 1 & 2) in which she highlighted the crucial issues in the state. To counter her song ‘UP Mein Ka Ba’ (season 1), Ravi Kishan, a Bollywood actor, made a song titled ‘UP Mein Sab Ba.’ She was also caught in a controversy for season 2 of her song for which she received a legal notice from the Kanpur Police for creating ‘disharmony and tensions’ in the society through her song.
- In January 2021, Neha performed her folk songs on stage for the first time at a poet conference held at the Maithili – Bhojpuri Academy in Delhi on the occasion of Republic Day.
- In November 2022, she participated in the poetry event “Sahitya Aajtak” in which the poets had to counter each other through their poetry.
- In February 2023, she performed a folk song at Democracy Festival held in Delhi, which she dedicated to the female labourer who gave birth on road in UP.
- Apart from the satirical songs in which she highlighted the political and economical issues of the country, she also sings bhakti and folk songs.
- She has a huge fan following on various social media platforms. Almost 67.3 K people follow her on Instagram, 878 K on YouTube, 150.6 K on Twitter, and 3.1 M on Facebook.
- In an interview, Neha Singh Rathore said that she wants to spread awareness in society about political issues, economical issues, and gender discrimination through her song. She said that she came from a region where gender discrimination is common and she believes that through her songs, she will bring a change in society. In the interview, she said,
I come from a village where girls are not even allowed to put up a display picture on social media accounts. There are restrictions on girls but I believe my songs will someday liberate them, as they worked for me.” The Times of India
|↑2||The Times of India|