Husband: Parvez Khan
Age: 43 Years
Caste: Nath Community
|Profession(s)||Folk Singer, Actress, and Politician|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Debut||• Tamil Film Song: "Thirupachi Aruvala" (1999)
• Assami Film Song: "Neela Neela" (2002)
• Bhojpuri Music Album: "Ae Ganesh Ke Papa" (2003)
• Hindi Film Song: "Tere Layee" (2007)
• Bengali Film Song: "Dhukupuku Buk" (2007)
• Bhojpuri Film: "Chalat Musafir Moh Liyo Re" (2006)
• Marathi Film Song: "Kalana" (2016)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements|
|Date of Birth||27 October 1978 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||43 Years|
|Birthplace||Sorbhog, Barpeta district, Assam, India|
|Hometown||Sorbhog, Barpeta district, Assam, India|
|College/University||Cotton College Guwahati|
|Educational Qualification||A graduate in English literature Wikipedia|
|Caste||Nath Community YouTube|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Singing, and Dancing|
|Relationships & More|
• Arastoo P Khan
• Arashmid P Khan
|Parents||Father- Bipin Nath Patowary (Singer)
Mother- Joymoti Patowary
|Bhojpuri Actor(s)||Manoj Tiwari, Dinesh Lal Yadav, and Ravi Kishan|
|Politician(s)||Narendra Modi and Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kalpana Patowary
- Kalpana Patowary is an Indian playback singer who is known for her item songs in Assamese, Bhojpuri, Punjabi, Odia, Gujarat, Marathi, and Bollywood films.
- She grew up in a middle-class family in Barpeta, Assam.
- Although Kalpana Patowary had no interest in singing in childhood, it was her father, a folk singer, who encouraged her for singing. When she was four years old, her father brought her to a stage performance, where she performed for the first time. Soon, she developed an interest in singing and decided to become a professional singer.
- In 1996, she attended Bhatkhande Music Institute University, Lucknow, where she earned Sangeet Visharad in Indian classical music.
- Initially, she accompanied her father at various local programmes in Assam, where she would sing along with her father. At the age of twelve, she gave a stage performance on two Bhojpuri songs, “Ham Na Jaibai Sasur Ghar Mein Baaba” and “Raat Sapana Dikhae Diya Ham Ko” in Assam after which she became interested in the Bhojpuri entertainment industry.
- Before venturing into the Bhojpuri industry, she gave many performances on All India Radio and Doordarshan.
- In 1999, she sang her first Tamil song “Thirupachi Aruvala” in the Tamil film ‘Taj Mahal.’
- In 2001, she moved to Mumbai, where she struggled to get a good project, and during this period, she sang many songs in various languages including Punjabi, Rajasthani, Odia, and Bhojpuri.
- In 2002, she sang her first Assamese song ‘Neela Neela’ in the film ‘Kanyadaan.’
- In 2003, she made her Bhojpuri debut with the song ‘Ae Ganesh Ke Papa.’ The song went viral, and it earned her huge popularity.
- In 2006, Kalpana Patowary made her acting debut with the Bhojpuri film “Chalat Musafir Moh Liyo Re” in which she played the role of Janki alongside Bhojpuri star Dinesh Lal Yadav.
- Kalpana Patowary is considered the first Bhojpuri singer who has presented the age-old tradition of Khaati Biraha at the international level.
- Kalpana Patowary considers Bhikhari Thakur as her idol, and she often quotes him in her works.
- In 2013, she appeared in a Bhojpuri documentary film, ‘Bidesia in Bambai;’ the film depicts the tale of migrant farmers in Mumbai.
- In 2008, she appeared on a TV reality show “Junnu-Kuch Kar Dikhane Ka” on NDTV Imagine.
- Kalpana Patowary is fondly called as ‘Bhojpuri Queen’ in the Bhojpuri film industry.
- In 2018, she joined the Bharatiya Janata Party in the presence of Amit Shah and Sushil Kumar Modi in Patna, Bihar.