Marital Status: Unmarried
Age: 35 Years
|Profession(s)||Actress, Playback Singer, Dubbing Artist|
|Famous Role||‘Tara’ in the Tamil film, “O Kadhal Kanmani” (2015)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 160 cm
in meters- 1.60 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 3”
|Debut||Film (English): The Monkey Who Knew Too Much (1998)
Film (Malayalam): Akasha Gopuram (2008)
Film (Telugu): Ala Modalaindi (2011)
Film (Tamil): Nootrenbadhu (2011)
Film (Kannada): Seven O' Clock (2005)
Film (Hindi): Mission Mangal (2019)
TV (Hindi): Choti Maa...Ek Anokha Bandhan (2001)
Song (Kannada): Payasa (2010)
Song (Telugu): Edo Anukunte (2011)
Song (Malayalam): Ammammo Ammo (2011)
Song (Tamil): Hi My Name is Malini (2013)
Web Series: Breathe: Into the Shadows (2020)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Nandi Award for ‘Best Actress’ for the film, “Ala Modalaindi” (2011)
• Hyderabad Times Film Award for ‘Promising Newcomer Female’ for the film, “Ala Modalaindi” (2011)
• Ugadi Puraskar Award for ‘Best Actress’ for the film, “Ala Modalaindi” (2011)
• CineMAA Award for ‘Best Actress (Jury)’ for the film, “Ishq” (2012)
• 2nd South Indian International Movie Award for ‘Rising Star of South Indian Cinema (Female)’ (2012)
• Filmfare Awards South for ‘Best Actress-Telugu’ for the film, “Gunde Jaari Gallanthayyinde” (2013)
• Vanitha Film Award for ‘Best Pair (along with Dulquer Salmaan)’ for the film, “Ustad Hotel” (2013)
• Filmfare Awards South for ‘Best Actress – Telugu (Critics)’ for the film, “Malli Malli Idi Rani Roju” (2015)
• Nandi Special Jury Award for the film, “Malli Malli Idi Rani Roju” (2015)
• 5th South Indian International Movie Award for ‘Best Actress – Tamil (Critics)’ for the film, “OK Kanmani” (2015)
• 65th Filmfare Awards South for ‘Best Supporting Actress – Tamil’ for the film, “Mersal” (2018)
|Date of Birth||8 April 1988 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||35 Years|
|Birthplace||Banashankari, Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Hometown||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|College/University||• Manipal Institute of Communication, Manipal
• Mount Caramel College, Bangalore
|Educational Qualification||Course in Journalism|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||In July 2022, it was reported that Nithya Menen was in a relationship with a popular Malayalam actor. India Today|
|Parents||Names Not Known
|Film Director||Mani Ratnam|
|Film(s)||Titanic (1997), The Matrix (1999), Spider-Man (2002)|
|Music Director||A. R. Rahman|
|Travel Destination(s)||Kerala, London, Goa|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nithya Menen
- Nithya Menen is an Indian actress, playback singer, and a dubbing artist.
- She was born into a Malayali family in Bangalore.
- Nithya was good at dancing and singing in her school and college days. She actively took part in co-curricular activities in her childhood.
- At the age of 10, Nithya worked as a child artist in the English film, “The Monkey Who Knew Too Much” (1998).
- Nithya wanted to become a journalist since childhood. However, when she was in her final smester, she found it unappealing and decided to make her career in filmmaking.
- After graduating in journalism, Nithya enrolled herself in Pune’s Film and Television Institute of India to do a course in cinematography.
- When Nithya appeared for the entrance exam of the course, she met the film director, B. V. Nandini Reddy who convinced her to pursue acting.
- Nithya made her acting debut in 2001 with the TV serial, “Choti Maa…Ek Anokha Bandhan.”
- She made her film debut in 2005 with the Kannada film, “Seven O’ Clock.”
- Subsequently, she made her Malayalam film debut with the film, “Akasha Gopuram,” Kannada film debut with the film, “Josh,” Telugu film debut with the film, “Ala Modalaindi,” and Tamil film debut with the film, “Nootrenbadhu.”
- Thereafter, she featured in films like “Ishq,” “Ustad Hotel,” “Mersal,” “Awe,” “100 Days of Love,” “Iru Mugan,” “24” and “Praana.”
- Her Bollywood debut came in the year 2019 with the film, “Mission Mangal.”
- In 2020, she made her digital media debut with the web series “Breathe: Into the Shadows.”
- Apart from acting, she has also sung many songs, including “Payasa” (Kannada, 2010), “Edo Anukunte” (Telugu, 2011), “Ammammo Ammo” (Malayalam, 2011), “Oh Priya Priya” (Telugu, 2012), and “Payasam (Malayalam, 2012).”
- Menen has worked in the films of many different languages, like Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Telugu, and Tamil.
- Nithya has featured on the covers of magazines like “JFW (Just For Women) Magazine” and “Provoke Magazine.”
- Nithya has a good command over 6 different languages including Hindi, English, Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada, and Tamil.