- Padmavathi Ammal was the first wife of M. Karunanidhi, DMK Chief and five-time Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu. Outlook
- After her death in 1944, it took Karunanidhi much time to recover from mourning. Outlook
- After Padmavathi’s death, it took Karunanidhi four years to marry Dayalu Ammal; Karunanidhi’s second wife. Outlook
- When Padmavathi died in 1944, she had left behind a son M. K. Muthu.
- Her son, M. K. Muthu, became a singer-actor who later defected to the AIADMK. Outlook
References/Sources: [ + ]
|1, 2, 3, 4, 5.||↑||Outlook|