|Real Name||V K Sasikala|
|Party||All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 155 cm
in meters- 1.55 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 1"
|Weight||in Kilograms- 74 Kg
in Pounds- 163 lbs
|Date of Birth||29 January 1956|
|Age (as in 2017)||61 Years|
|Birth Place||Thiruthuraipoondi, Thiruvarur, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|Hometown||Thiruvarur, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
Sister- Not Known
Brother- Not Known
|Controversies||• She is accused of amassing huge wealth during the tenure of Jayalalitha as the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.
• On 7 December 1996, she was arrested along with Jayalalitha in the Color TV scam.
• She was also sentenced two years rigorous imprisonment in the TANSI land acquisition case.
• On 27 September 2014, a special court in Bangalore, sentenced her 4 years' imprisonment along with Jayalalitha.
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Husband||M. Natarajan (a public relation officer)
|Children||Daughter- Not Known
Son- Not Known
|Net Worth||4 Billion INR (approx.)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Does Sasikala Natarajan smoke?: Not Known
- Does Sasikala Natarajan drink alcohol?: Not Known
- She was born in a Mudaliar family in Tiruvarur district of Tamil Nadu.
- Later, her family moved to Mannargudi.
- She married to M. Natarajan, who was working as a Public Relation Officer on a temporary basis in Tamil Nadu Government.
- In 1976, her husband lost the job due to the Internal Emergency imposed by Indira Gandhi (the then Prime Minister of India) and they had to sell or pawn jewels to sustain their livelihood.
- Sasikala also opened a video renting business to supplement the family income.
- Her husband had a close relation with V S Chandralekha (the then District Collector of Cuddalore) who further had a close relation with Ramachandran (the then Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu).
- V S Chandralekha introduced Sasikala Natarajan to Jayalalitha. Both (Sasikala Natarajan and Jayalalitha) gradually became very close.
- In 1995, Jayalalitha arranged a lavish marriage of her foster son V. N. Sudhakaran (the nephew of Sasikala Natarajan). The marriage attracted lots of controversies for its scale in expenditure.
- Jayalalitha had to face lots of ire of media and party workers after the entry of Sasikala in her Poes Garden Residence as Sasikala was reported to embezzle lots of money and assets on Jayalalitha’s behalf.
- On 19 December 2011, Jayalalitha expelled her long-term close aide Sasikala from AIADMK, however, she was admitted back into the party on 31 March 2012.
- After the death of Jayalalitha on 5 December 2016, Sasikala is reported to succeed Jayalalitha as AIADMK General Secretary.\
- On 31 December 2016, she was appointed General Secretary of AIADMK and became the 2nd woman leader to lead the AIADMK after Jayalalitha.