Age: 66 Years
Hometown: Thiruvarur, Tamil Nadu
Husband: M. Natarajan
|Full Name||Vivekanandan Krishnaveni Sasikala|
|Party||All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK)
Note: On 3 March 2021, she announced her decision to step aside from politics.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 155 cm
in meters- 1.55 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 1"
|Date of Birth||29 January 1956|
|Age (as of 2022)||66 Years|
|Birthplace||Thiruthuraipoondi, Thiruvarur, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Hometown||Thiruvarur, Tamil Nadu, India|
Sister- Not Known
Brother- Not Known
|Controversies||• She is accused of amassing huge wealth during the tenure of Jayalalithaa as the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.
• On 7 December 1996, she was arrested along with Jayalalitha in the Color TV scam.
• She was also sentenced to two years of rigorous imprisonment in the TANSI land acquisition case.
• On 27 September 2014, a special court in Bangalore, sentenced her to 4 years' imprisonment along with Jayalalitha. On 27 January 2021, she was released from Central Jail, Parappana Agrahara. The Hindu
• On 7 January 2022, the Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB), Bengaluru, filed a chargesheet against six persons, including two senior prison officials of Karnataka and V.K. Sasikala, in a corruption case related to preferential facilities that were provided to Sasikala when she was lodged in the Central prison in Bengaluru, where she was serving a sentence in a corruption case against Jayalalithaa. The Hindu
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Husband||M. Natarajan (a public relation officer)
|Children||Daughter- Not Known
Son- Not Known
|Net Worth||4 Billion INR (approx.)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- She was born in a Mudaliar family in Tiruvarur district of Tamil Nadu.
- Later, her family moved to Mannargudi.
- She married to M. Natarajan, who was working as a Public Relation Officer on a temporary basis in Tamil Nadu Government.
- In 1976, her husband lost the job due to the Internal Emergency imposed by Indira Gandhi (the then Prime Minister of India) and they had to sell or pawn jewels to sustain their livelihood.
- Sasikala also opened a video renting business to supplement the family income.
- Her husband had a close relation with V S Chandralekha (the then District Collector of Cuddalore) who further had a close relation with Ramachandran (the then Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu).
- V S Chandralekha introduced Sasikala Natarajan to Jayalalitha. Both (Sasikala Natarajan and Jayalalitha) gradually became very close.
- In 1995, Jayalalitha arranged a lavish marriage of her foster son V. N. Sudhakaran (the nephew of Sasikala Natarajan). The marriage attracted lots of controversies for its scale in expenditure.
- Jayalalitha had to face lots of ire of media and party workers after the entry of Sasikala in her Poes Garden Residence as Sasikala was reported to embezzle lots of money and assets on Jayalalitha’s behalf.
- On 19 December 2011, Jayalalitha expelled her long-term close aide Sasikala from AIADMK, however, she was admitted back into the party on 31 March 2012.
- After the death of Jayalalitha on 5 December 2016, Sasikala is reported to succeed Jayalalitha as AIADMK General Secretary.
- On 31 December 2016, she was appointed General Secretary of AIADMK and became the 2nd woman leader to lead the AIADMK after Jayalalitha.