|Full Name||Muthuvel Karunanidhi Stalin|
|Famous For||Being the son of M. Karunanidhi|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Political Party||Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK)
|Political Journey||1967: At the age of 14, campaigned in the 1967 elections.
1973: Elected to the General Committee of DMK.
1984: Contested the Tamil Nadu Assembly elections from the Thousand Lights constituency and lost to K.A. Krishnaswamy of AIADMK
1989: Contested the Tamil Nadu Assembly elections from Thousand Lights constituency and won.
1991: Contested the Tamil Nadu Assembly elections from the Thousand Lights constituency and again lost to K.A. Krishnaswamy of AIADMK.
1996: Contested the Tamil Nadu Assembly elections from the Thousand Lights constituency and won.
1996-2002: Served as 37th Mayor of Chennai
2001: Contested the Tamil Nadu Assembly elections from the Thousand Lights constituency and won.
2006: Contested the Tamil Nadu Assembly elections from the Thousand Lights constituency and won. He also went on to become the Minister for Municipal Administration and Rural Development.
2008: Elected as Treasurer in DMK.
2009-2011: Servd as first Deputy Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.
2011: Contested the Tamil Nadu Assembly elections from the Kolathur constituency and won.
2016: Contested the Tamil Nadu Assembly elections from the Kolathur constituency and won.
|Date of Birth||1 March 1953|
|Age (as in 2018)||65 Years|
|Birthplace||Madras, Madras State (now, Chennai, Tamil Nadu), India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|School||Madras Christian College Higher Secondary School, Chennai|
|College/University||Presidency College, Chennai|
|Debut||Film (Actor): Ore Raththam (1988)
Film (Producer): Nambikkai Natchathram (1978)
|Address||25/9,Chittaranjan Road, Cenotaph 2nd Street, Chennai-600018|
|Hobbies||Watching Films, Listening to Music, Travelling|
|Controversies||• In 1975, he was jailed under MISA (Maintenance of Internal Security Act).
• In 2001, his name appeared along with his father's name in the Chennai Flyover Scam.
• 6 charges were also framed against him related to Punishment for Defamation (IPC Section-500).
|Girls, Affairs, and More|
|Marriage Date||20 October 1975|
|Children||Son- Udhayanidhi Stalin (Film Producer and Actor)
Daughter- Senthamarai Stalin
|Parents||Father- M. Karunanidhi
Mother- Dayalu Ammal
|Siblings||Brother(s)- M. K. Muthu (Actor, Singer, and Politician)
M. K. Alagiri (Politician)
M. K. Tamilarasu (Film Producer)
|Favourite Food(s)||Podi Dosais, Idli and Dosa, Chicken 65|
|Assets/Properties (as in 2014)||Movable
Bank Deposits: ₹63 Lacs
Jewellery: ₹15 Lacs
Two plots of agricultural land worth ₹2 Crore
One plot of non-agricultural land worth ₹11 Lacs
Three residential buildings worth ₹2.75 Crore
|Salary (as an MLA from Tamil Nadu)||₹1.05 Lakh + Other Allowances|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹6 Crore (as in 2014)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About M. K. Stalin
- Does M. K. Stalin smoke: Not Known
- Does M. K. Stalin drink alcohol: Not Known
- He was born in an influential political family of Madras (now, Chennai).
- He was named after Joseph Stalin (a Soviet revolutionary), who died four days later of M. K. Stalin’s birth.
- Stalin got linked to the politics at a very young age. He was just 14 when he first campaigned for DMK in the 1967 Polls.
- He first came into the eyes of media when he was arrested under MISA for protesting against the Emergency imposed by the Indira Gandhi Government.
- Stalin was an actor and film producer in the Tamil Film Industry till the early 90s.
- After his appointment as the Secretary of Youth Wing, it became one of the largest political youth organizations in Tamil Nadu.
- He became the first Deputy Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu in 2009 and served till 2011.
- In 2013, party leader Karunanidhi declared Stalin as the future heir of the party.
- After the demise of his father on 7 August 2018, he demanded the burial of his father’s mortal remains at the Marina Beach, which was granted by the Madras High Court on 8 August 2018.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)