Wife: Dr. Prachi Prakash Javadekar
Hometown: Pune, Maharashtra
Age: 70 Years
|Full Name||Javadekar Prakash Keshav|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party
|Political Journey||• 1990 to 2002: A member of Maharashtra Legislative Council
• 1995: Executive Chairman of the State Planning Board of Maharashtra
• 1997 to 1999: Chairman of the Task Force on IT Government of Maharashtra
• 2008: Elected to the Rajya Sabha
• 2014: Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Information and Broadcasting, Environment, Forest and Climate Change
• 2016: Took oath as Human Resource Development Minister
• 2021: Resigned from Narendra Modi's Council of Ministers ahead of the Cabinet reshuffle on 7 July
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||30 January 1951|
|Age (as of 2021)||70 Years|
|School||District Council School, Mahad, Maharashtra|
|College/University||Garware College of Commerce of Maharashtra Education Society, Pune
|Educational Qualification||Graduation (commerce)|
|Debut||1981: Became a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Address||24, Mahadev Road, New Delhi
|Hobbies||Reading and Writing Books|
|Controversies||On 11 December 1975, when 11 Indian colleges'students protested against the emergency, implemented by the congress government, he also joined them, and was sentenced to 3 months under the preventive detention act, and subsequently kept in jail for nearly 13 months under the MISA (Internal Security Maintenance Act)|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||18 December 1977|
|Wife/Spouse||Dr. Prachi Prakash Javadekar
|Children||Sons- Dr. Ashutosh Javadekar (Dentist), Apoorva Javadekar (CA)
|Parents||Father- Keshav Krishna Javadekar (journalist)
Mother- Rajni Javadekar (teacher)
|Politicians||Shyama Prasad Mukherjee and Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Leaders||Mahatma Gandhi, Swami Vivekanand|
|Writers||Premchand, Gurcharan Das, Ramgansh Gadkari, Khandekar|
|Net Worth (approx.)||INR 5 crore (as of 2014)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Prakash Javadekar
- Does Prakash Javadekar smoke?: Not known
- His father Keshav Krishna Javadekar was a journalist in a Marathi Newspaper ‘Kesari’ founded by social reformer, lawyer, and independence activist Lokmanya Tilak.
- He has been associated with the ‘National Self Service Association,’ since his school days.
- In 1969, while graduating from Pune’s MES college of Commerce, he joined the ‘All India Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP).’
- He used to work in the ‘Bank of Maharashtra,’ before coming to politics.
- In 1981, he resigned from the Bank of Maharashtra; after ten years of his job tenure, and started working as a full-time worker of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
- On 10 March 1989, he united thousands of youth in Mumbai and led the ‘struggle chariot’ deployed by BJP.
- Prakash Javadekar’s wife Prachi Javadekar has been the Director of the ‘Indira Institute of Management,’ Pune.
- He has written several booklets on unemployment, infiltration, IMF loans, and other political topics. Some of his famous literary works are- Bikaricha Volcano (Problem of Unemployment, 1986), Nannidich Karz (IMF Loan 1987), Shetkani Karzmakti (Farm Loan Apology 1988), and Mahagiika Bhaskar (Problem of Inflation 1999).