Posani Krishna Murali Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Wife: Kusuma Latha
Age: 65 Years
|Other name||Posani Krishna Murali|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Debut||As a director: Sravanamasam (2005)
As an actor:
Film- Dharma Kshetram (1992); as a citizen
As a host:
TV- Bathuku Jataka Bandi (2017) on Zee Telugu
|Awards||• 2016: Nandi Award for best actor in a supporting role for the 2015 film Temper
• 2016: CineMAA Award for best actor in a supporting role for the 2015 film Temper
|Party||• Praja Rajyam Party
• Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party
|Political Journey|| • 3 January 2009: He joined the Praja Rajyam Party before the 2009 General elections.
• 2009: He contested and lost the Andhra Pradesh state legislative assembly elections from the Chilakaluripet constituency on a Praja Rajyam Party ticket.
• 2011: Posani parted ways with the Praja Rajyam Party and joined the Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party.
|Date of Birth||22 January 1958
|Age (as of 2022)||65 Years|
|Birthplace||Pedakakani, Andhra Pradesh|
|School||He did his schooling in the Guntur district.|
|College/University||• Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur
• Presidency College, Bengaluru
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Bachelor of Commerce
• Master of Arts
• Master of Philosophy
Note: He wanted to earn a Ph.D. degree; however, he had to drop his plan midway and focused on his acting career instead.
|Controversies||On the evening of 29 September 2021, two motorcycle-riding men threw stones at Posani Krishna Murali's home in Yellareddyguda. Posani criticized actor-politician Pawan Kalyan in a conference at the Somajiguda press club earlier that day for backing the Andhra Pradesh government. Subsequently, he called another meeting when he revealed that he received hatred from over 5000 people as a result of his comments about Pawan Kalyan. Posani was physically assaulted at this encounter by some unnamed individuals. Posani reported the incident to the SR Nagar Police Station on 30 September 2021, and as a result, the police detained those who were responsible for the attack. Posani reported the incident to the SR Nagar Police Station on September 30, 2021, and as a result, the attackers were arrested by the authorities. The following day, Posani spoke to the media and referred to Pawan Kalyan as a loafer and a broker. He further claimed that the attack on his home was carried out by Kalyan's supporters. Posani asserted that if he were to pass away as a result of this dispute, Pawan Kalyan and his supporters would be to blame. The Times of India|
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Son(s)- Ujwal Posani
Prajwal Posani (Director)
|Parents||Krishna Murali's father's name was Posani Subba Rao, and his mother was a housewife.|
|Siblings||Brother- Posani Amar Bhosale (Younger)
Sister(s)- Rajyalakshmi (Elder)
|Other relatives||Posani is a cousin of Indian directors and screenwriters Koratala Siva and Boyapati Srinu.|
|Car Collection||He owns a Verna and Innova.|
• Cash: Rs. 20,60,684
• LIC or other insurance Policies: Rs. 13,00,000
• Motor Vehicles: Rs. 1,010,000
• Jewellery: Rs. 92,490
• Other Assets: Rs. 91,781
• Agricultural Land: Rs. 4,50,000
• Non-Agricultural Land: Rs. 25,00,000
• Commercial Buildings: Rs. 20,00,000
• Residential Buildings: Rs. 35,00,000
Note: The given estimates of movable and immovable assets are according to the year 2009. It excludes the assets owned by his wife and dependents (minor). MyNeta
|Net Worth (approx.)||Posani Krishna Murali’s net worth for the financial year 2009 was estimated to be Rs. 91 lacs. MyNeta It excludes the net worth of his wife and dependents (minors).|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Posani Krishna Murali
- Posani Krishna Murali is an Indian screenwriter, actor, director, and producer who predominantly works in the Telugu film industry. He has worked as a writer for more than 100 Telugu films. As an actor, he is well known for his comical roles in several films.
- Posani’s family faced several financial hardships when he was a child; his father, who was uneducated, urged that Posani obtain a formal education.
- Posani was elected as general secretary for the student body while he was attending Nagarjuna University.
- Posani worked for the Hyderabad-based Margadarsi Chit Fund company after graduating. He was employed there for a year before quitting and moving to Guntur. Subsequently, he relocated to Chennai where he served as Paruchuri Gopala Krishna’s assistant director.
- Posani worked with the writing duo Paruchuri Brothers as an assistant writer on more than 100 films for five years. After quitting his work, he penned the script and dialogues for Mohan Gandhi’s Telugu film titled Police Brothers, which was released in 1992.
- He worked as a scriptwriter for several films including Gaayam (1993) and Rakshana (1993). He worked as the screenplay writer for the film Alluda Majaka (1995). Later, Posani worked on several hit films including Pavitra Bandham (1996) and Preminchukundam Raa (1997).
- Posani has worked as a director and writer for several films including Operation Duryodhana (2007), Apadamokkulavadu (2008), and Dushasana (2011).
- He worked as the story writer and dialogue writer for several Telugu films including Khaidi Inspector (1995), Adavi Dora (1995), Ravanna (2000), and Seetayya (2003).
- In 2013, he played the role of Shukla Bhai in the film Naayak and received a nomination for this role in the 2014 SIIMA Awards for the best comic actor category.
- He appeared in many Telugu films including Temper (2015), James Bond (2015), Saakshyam (2018), Most Eligible Bachelor (2021), Itlu Amma (2021), and 18 Pages (2022).
- On 3 November 2022, Posani Krishna Murali was appointed as the chairman of Andhra Pradesh Film Development Corporation.
- Posani declined the opportunity from Indian director Ram Gopal Varma to write the script for a movie because he wanted to continue learning from the Paruchuri Brothers and wasn’t yet ready to go out on his own.
- He appeared in a television series titled Gangstars (2018) on Amazon Prime Video and In the Name of God (2021) on Aha.
- Posani appeared in an Indian Kannada-language period action film titled Kabzaa, which was released in theatres on 17 March 2023.
|↑1||The Times of India|