Hometown: Manjeshwar, Kerala
Marital Status: Married
Some Lesser Known Facts About Prakash Thuminad
- Prakash Thuminad is an Indian actor who is known for playing comic roles in the Tulu and Kannada language films. He was presented with the SIIMA Award for his performance in the Kannada language film “Sarkaari Hiriya Praathamika Shaale, Kaasaragodu, Koduge: Raamanna Rai.”
- Prakash Thuminad began his acting career by working as a supporting actor in various Tulu and Kannada films.
- After playing the role of Srinivas in the Kannada language film “Ondu Motteya Kathe” in 2017, he became a household name.
- He received critical acclamation for his comic role as Bhujanga in the Kannada language film “Sarkaari Hiriya Praathamika Shaale, Kaasaragodu, Koduge: Raamanna Rai” (2018).
- In 2020, he appeared in the Tulu film “2 Ekre” as Nara alias Narayana.
- In 2022, his performance as Raampa in the Kannada language film “Kantara” proved to be the breakthrough of his career.
- In an interview, Thuminad revealed that he rejected 12 films for the role of Raampa in the film “Kantara.” He said,
When I saw Rishab sir perform the Daiva dance, I was overwhelmed and felt proud that I was a part of the film.”
- Apart from Raampa, his other notable roles include, as Ramanath in the Kannada language film “Garuda Gamana Vrishabha Vahana” (2021), as Bank Manager in the Kannada language film “Kshamisi Nimma Khaatheyalli Hanavilla” (2022), and as Jagganna in the Kannada language film “Thimayya & Thimayya” (2022).
- Prakash Thuminad worked as an auto driver and manual labour and he also did some odd jobs like beedi making, before becoming an actor.