|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Awards||• BW Gold Best Digital Content Creator 2020
• Blacksheep Digital Award 2020 for Favourite Vlogger
|Date of Birth||28 May 1993 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||28 Years|
|Birthplace||Thoothukudi, Tamil Nadu|
|Hometown||Thoothukudi, Tamil Nadu|
|School(s)||• Siddhu Matriculation School, Madurai
• Sainik School, Amaravathinagar
• Dolphin Public School, Madurai
|College/University||• Kalasalingam Academy of Research and Higher Education, Srivilliputhur, Tamil Nadu
• Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
• State University of New York at Buffalo, United States (2015-2017)
|Educational Qualification||• B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering from Kalasalingam Academy of Research and Higher Education, Srivilliputhur, Tamil Nadu
• MBA from Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
• Master of Science (MS), Management, and Business Analytics degree at the State University of New York at Buffalo, United States (2015-2017) YouTube- Madan Gowri
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||11 February 2022|
|Parents||Names Not Known
|Grandparents||Names Not Known
|Cricketer||Mahendra Singh Dhoni|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Madan Gowri
- Madan Gowri is an Indian YouTuber, who has around 6 million subscribers on his YouTube channel as of February 2022. He is one of the most popular South Indian vloggers.
- He was born and brought up in Tamil Nadu.
- He started his self-titled YouTube channel while he was in the final year of his graduation in 2013. During an interview, while talking about how he started making YouTube videos, he said,
During my final year of college, I had a tough time as I suffered a break up. As I went into depression, I found solace in YouTube and used it as a tool to redirect my energy. In the initial stages, I didn’t have much of a reach but after a few months, my channel gained momentum. One thing led to another and now, I’m a million-and-a-half subscribers strong.”
I had tried to get myself into talk shows, debates, or group discussions all my childhood but never really got many opportunities. I have always been the person that wants to share things I find different and of worth with everyone around me. When I discovered YouTube, I found a platform to reach out to millions of people and share information with reference to history, social issues, and facts, among others. That became my journey as a YouTuber.”
- He then worked in various organisations like echoVME as a Content Writer, Cognizant as a Program Analyst, Bosch Engineering, and Business Solutions as a Marketing Intern.
- While he was working in a private firm named Zoho Corporation as a marketing analyst, he decided to pursue YouTube as a full-time career as his channel was also monetised by that time. In 2019, he left his job and continued as a YouTuber. During an interview, while talking about quitting his job, he said,
During my baby steps, I made a promise to myself that I’ll quit my job if I gained a million subscribers. To be honest, I loved my full-time job. But I couldn’t do justice to my channel by setting aside few hours a day. Now that I’ve taken the plunge, I’m gearing up to improve the quality of my videos in the days to come.”
- He uploads videos on social awareness, vlogs and other current topics on his YouTube channel. He has also uploaded a few interview videos of various Indian celebrities.
- Madan has sung and featured in a few Tamil songs like “Bathroom Song” (2021), “Ex Lover Song” (2021), “Monkeys With 5G” (2021), and “Naan” (2022). The lyrics of the song “Monkeys With 5G” were not well received by the audience. During an interview, while giving the clarification, Gowri said,
I just wanted to be satirical about those issues happening. Caste is a dangerous mindset, it needs to be annihilated from every mind. The pain is the same, I just don’t want to be sad anymore. This approach is to create a discussion with the world, more like a friend. Let’s join hands to drive caste away from society.”
- He has also founded a news snippet app “Kokru,” which is available in six languages.
- A chapter was published on him in a book titled “Booming Digital Stars” (2021).
View this post on Instagram
- During an interview, while talking about getting success within such a short time, he said,
No, not even in my wildest dreams I thought of becoming successful. In the beginning, the only aim was to be out there and share my content with everyone and later, it slowly began to pick up. That was when I knew I can achieve a lot through this medium and decided to branch out to other social media platforms.”
- He often drinks alcohol while hanging out with his friends.
- In an interview, when he was asked about his team, he said,
I work alone. Once I post a video, the viewers take it up on themselves to improvise my points and correct my errors. I would say each one of the 1.5 million subscribers has contributed to the channel. However, I have plans of forming a team soon.”
- One of his tweets in 2021, got a revert from the famous businessman Elon Musk. Madan had tweeted a picture with a black Tesla car and tagged Elon in it. Hindustan Times The tweet reads,
Dear @elonmusk please launch Tesla cars in India ASAP!”
India has one of the highest import duties and clean energy vehicles are treated the same way as petrol and diesel vehicles, which are inconsistent with India’s climate goals. If the import duties are lowered, a Tesla factory is “quite likely” in India.”