Puja Sharma (Yashpal Sharma’s Daughter) Age, Husband, Family, Biography & More
Hometown: New Delhi
Husband: Gaurav Anand
Age: 35 Years
|Famous For||Being the daughter of the famous Indian cricketer Yashpal Sharma|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 161 cm
in meters- 1.61 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 3”
|Date of Birth||Year 1986|
|Age (as of 2021)||35 Years|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||19 January 2012|
|Marriage Place||Eros Hilton Hotel in Delhi|
|Husband/Spouse||Gaurav Anand (businessman)
|Parents||Father- Yashpal Sharma (former cricketer)
Mother- Renu Sharma
|Siblings||Brother- Chirag Sharma (younger)
Sister- Preeti Sharma (elder)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Puja Sharma
- Puja Sharma is an Indian doctor who is known for being the daughter of Yashpal Sharma, a former Indian cricketer. Yashpal was a middle-order batsman who played for the Indian cricket team during the 1970s and 1980s.
- She grew up in Delhi.
- Puja’s sister, Preeti Sharma, resides with her family in the US.
- Her younger brother, Chirag Sharma, is studying in London (as of 2021).
- Puja got married to a businessman named Gaurav Anand on 19 January 2012. Many of the cricketers from the 1983 Cricket World Cup attended their wedding. Among the ones who attended the wedding include Kapil Dev, Chetan Sharma, Bishan Singh Bedi, and CK Khanna. Besides cricketers, many who’s who of the Indian society like Arun Jaitley (Indian politician) and Rajat Sharma (journalist) were also present at her wedding.
- Puja’s father Yashpal Sharma died of a heart attack on 13 July 2021. He was 66 years old at the time of his death. His funeral took place the same day at the Lodhi cremation ground in New Delhi. His last rites were attended by his former teammates like Madan Lal and Chetan Sharma. News18
- Her father, Yashpal Sharma, was an important part of the 1983 World Cup-winning Indian cricket team. He played all eight matches in the Indian campaign during the 1983 World Cup.
- In 2021, a film directed by Kabir Khan ’83’ was released in India that was based on the incredible Cricket World Cup victory of India that happened in 1983. The theatre actor Jatin Sarna appeared in the role of Yashpal in the film.
- Puja’s father was also a part of the national selection committee which selected the 2011 Indian cricket team that won the 2011 Cricket World Cup.