Some Lesser Known Facts About Ritwika Gupta
- Does Ritwika Gupta smoke?: No
- Does Ritwika Gupta drink alcohol?: Yes (occasionally)
- Ritwika Gupta is an Indian actress, television anchor, and model. In an interview with the Times of India, she talked about her work. She said,
I experimented a lot, but I’m glad I did because each phase taught me something new. Now, most people know me from my work on television, and I am grateful for that.”
- Ritwika Gupta was born in Kolkata to Bengali parents, and they moved to Singapore in 1992.
- Ritwika Gupta has a younger sister, Radhika Gupta, who is a scholar from NTU Singapore. Ritwika
Gupta’s father, Nikhilesh Gupta, is a well-known figure in Singapore. He manages his successful finance
career while establishing a platform for theatre, arts, and culture in Singapore. Ritwika Gupta’s mother,
Sangita Gupta, also known as Neela Gupta, is the strong pillar that keeps the family together.
- Ritwika holds a Bachelor of Science in Business (Hons.) from the University of London, which she followed up with a degree in Communication Studies.
- Ritwika is a trained dancer, and she has performed alongside Shah Rukh Khan as a background dancer
when she was studying in college in 2011.
- At the age of 22, Ritwika Gupta returned to Mumbai from Singapore in 2014.
- Ritwika has trained in acting from Anupam Kher’s Actor Prepares.
- Ritwika has featured in over 50 ads, commercials, music videos, and short films.
- Before making her debut with a TV serial on NDTV Imagine, Ritwika was supposed to debut in a Telugu film. In an interview with The Times of India, Ritwika said,
I got selected to audition for a Telugu movie a few years back. Initially, I was a bit skeptical as I didn’t know the language. But somehow, my screentest went really well, and I got offered the movie too. However, due to some production complications, the project never took off.”
- She has appeared in many popular TV shows on MTV, Channel V, NDTV Imagine, and History Channel.
- Ritwika has also hosted TV shows for TravelXP, Zee Studios, Bloomberg TV, WION, and more.
- Ritwika Gupta is also a popular influencer. She has worked with brands like Colgate, Tata Tiago,
Vivel, BIBA, Cadbury, and more. She is also involved in travel vlogs, personally choreographed dance videos, style pictures. Her fresh take on beauty, lifestyle, and fashion draws in her thousands of followers.
- Ritwika Gupta’s lockdown film ‘The Intruder’ has won 6 awards at International Film Festivals.