|Real Name||Arun Jaitley|
|Profession||Indian Politician & Lawyer|
|Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||• In 1977, he joined Jan Sangh.
• In 1977, All India Secretary of the ABVP & President of the Delhi ABVP.
• In 1980, he became President of the Youth Wing of the BJP.
• He has been a member of the national executive of BJP since 1991.
• In 1999, he became the spokesperson of BJP.
• On 13 October 1999, he became the Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting (Independent Charge) in the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government.
• Following the resignation of Ram Jethmalani he was given the extra charge of Ministry of Law, Justice & Company affairs.
• In November 2000, he became a cabinet minister- Minister of Law, Justice and Company Affairs & Shipping.
• On 1 July 2002, he became General Secretary of the BJP & its National Spokesperson.
• On 29 January 2003, he was appointed as the Minister of Law and Justice & Commerce and Industry.
• On 3 June 2009, he was chosen as the Leader of the Opposition in the Rajya Sabha.
• In the 2014 general election, he contested form the Amritsar Lok Sabha seat and lost to Amarinder Singh (INC candidate).
• On 26 May 2014, he was appointed Minister of Finance and Minister of Defence in the cabinet of Narendra Modi government.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 64 kg
in Pounds- 141 lbs
|Hair Colour||Black (semi-bald)|
|Date of Birth||28 December 1952|
|Age (as in 2016)||64 Years|
|Birth Place||New Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|School||St. Xavier's School, New Delhi|
|College/University||Shri Ram College of Commerce, New Delhi
University of Delhi
|Educational Qualifications||Graduated in Commerce from Shri Ram College of Commerce, New Delhi
Law degree from the University of Delhi
|Debut||In 1977, when he joined Jan Sangh|
|Family||Father- Maharaj Kishen Jaitley (lawyer)
Mother- Ratan Prabha Jaitley (social activist)
Sister- Madhu Bhargava
|Address||A-44, Kailash Colony, New Delhi.|
|Favourite Politician||Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||24 May 1982|
|Wife||Sangeeta Jaitley (daughter of Former J&K Finance Minister Girdhari Lal Dogra)
|Children||Son- Rohan Jaitley
Daughter- Sonali Jaitley
|Salary||1.40 Lakh INR/Month|
|Net Worth (approx.)||6.99 Crore INRs (as in 2016)|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Arun Jaitley
- Does Arun Jaitley Smoke?: Not Known
- Does Arun Jaitley Drink Alcohol?: Not Known
- He was born in New Delhi to Maharaj Kishen Jaitley (lawyer) and Ratan Prabha (social activist).
- He actively participated in the Student Union Elections as the student leader of the ABVP during his studies at the Delhi University and also became the President of the Student Union of the Delhi University in 1974.
- He remained under preventive detention for 19 months during the period of Internal Emergency (1975-1977).
- In 1973, he actively participated in a movement against corruption launched by Jayaprakash Narayan & Raj Narain.
- Since 1977, he has been practicing law before the Supreme Court of India and several High Courts in India.
- In January 1990, he was designated as a Senior Advocate by the Delhi High Court.
- In 1989, he was appointed Additional Solicitor General by the V.P. Singh Government.
- He also did the paperwork for the Bofors Scandal investigations.
- His clients include a wide spectrum of politicians from Madhavrao Scindia of the INC to Sharad Yadav of the Janata Dal to L.K. Advani of the BJP.
- He has also authored several publications on current and legal affairs.
- In 1998, Government of India delegated him to the United Nations General Assembly where the Declaration on Laws Relating to Drugs and Money Laundering was approved.
- He has also appeared on behalf of a number of multinational giants such as Coca-Cola and PepsiCo in India.
- Since June 2009, he has stopped practicing law.
- He had never contested any direct election until 2014 when he contested the General Elections from the Amritsar seat and lost to Amarinder Singh (INC candidate).
- He helped Narendra Modi to win the 2002 Gujarat Assembly Elections.
- He is the uncle of actors Akshay Dogra and Riddhi Dogra.
- He was the 1st person to suggest the name of Narendra Modi for the post of Prime Minister of India.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)