Age: 60 Years
|Profession(s)||Actor, Writer, Director|
|Famous Role||‘Duryodhana’ in the Indian epic TV series “Mahabharat” (1988)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 191 cm
in meters- 1.91 m
in feet & inches- 6’ 3”
|Debut||Bollywood Film (Actor): Coolie (1983)
Bollywood Film (Assistant Director): Sauda (1974)
Malayalam Film (Actor): Yoddha (1992)
Tamil Film (Actor): I Love India (1993)
Kannada Film (Actor): Samrat (1994)
Bengali Film (Actor): Bhagya Debata (1995)
Telugu Film (Actor): Master (1997)
Punjabi Film (Actor): Rabb Ne Banaiyan Jodiean (2006)
TV (Actor): Kahan Gaye Woh Log (1987)
Tv (Director): Hindustani (1996)
|Date of Birth||6 November 1959 (Friday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||60 Years|
|Birthplace||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|School||St. Lawrence High School, Mumbai|
|College/University||Mithibai College, Mumbai|
|Tattoo||On The Right Hand: "Om"
|Controversy||During the shoot of one of the fight scenes of the movie coolie, Amitabh Bachchan was hurt badly. Puneet was really criticised by the whole country and became a real-life villain for everyone as Amitabh was seriously injured and had to go through a surgery. But after recovering from the injury, Amitabh Bachchan cleared the matter by saying Puneet had done nothing intentionally|
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Son- Siddhant Issar
Daughter- Nivriti Issar
|Parents||Father- Sudesh Issar (Film Director)
Mother- Name Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Puneet Issar
- Puneet Issar was born in a well-to-do family in Amritsar, Punjab.
- Issar’s father was a renowned film director who had worked with popular artists like Jagjit Singh, Raj Baabbar, and Anita Raj.
- Puneet aspired to become an Indian Army Officer in his college days.
- He started his career as an acting professor in the Film and Television Institute of India, Pune; from where he earlier received training in acting.
- Puneet has received a fourth degree black-belt in martial arts.
- He is also good at Karate, Kung-fu, boxing, and wrestling.
- Puneet has a good command over Hindi and Urdu languages.
- Puneet always desired to play the villain in the Hindi film; as his body stats made him look suitable for villain roles.
- In 1983, Puneet bagged the role of ‘Bob’ in the Bollywood film “Coolie.”
- After Coolie, nobody was ready to work with Puneet; as he had injured Amitabh Bachchan during the shoot of Coolie.
- Thereafter, he struggled for around six years by doing small roles in a few B-grade films.
- In 1988, he earned huge popularity by playing the role of ‘Duryodhana’ in the epic TV series “Mahabharata.”
- Issar, along with his ‘Mahabharat’ team has done many stage shows across India and abroad.
- Puneet has also worked in TV serials like “Bharat Ek Khoj,” “Jai Mata Ki,” ” Noorjahan,” “Love Story,” “Kahaani Chandrakanta Ki,” and “Bani Ishaq Da kalma.”
- He participated in the famous reality TV show Bigg Boss Season 8 in 2014 and was one of the fianalists of the show.
- In 2019, Puneet played the role of ‘Maharaja Digambar Singh’ in ZEE5’s web series “Parchhayee.”
- Puneet has been practicing theatre for a long time.
- Issar shared during an interview that he had got so popular by playing the role of Duryodhan that people in real life started treating him like one. Once Puneet, along with his Mahabharat co-star, Roopa Ganguly was invited for a dinner by a Marwari businessman and he refused to serve Puneet; as he believed that Duryodhana was not a good person.