|Other Name||Sarah Lakdawala (After Marriage) Facebook|
|Known for||Being an Indian supermodel with a medical doctor and psychologist qualification|
|Physical Stats & More|
|IMDb Height||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.7 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 125.6 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-35|
|Eye Colour||Natural Green|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut|| Telugu Film: Thammudu (1999) as "Lovely"
Punjabi Film: Myself Ghaint (2014) as "Aditi"
TV: Aktion unlimited (2003) as "Aditi"
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Title of 'Gladrags Mrs India'held in Mumbai, India (2000)
• 'Rajeev Gandhi Award' under the 'National Personality of the Year' category (2001)
• Title of 'Mrs. World' held in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States (2001)
• PETA Humanitarian Award (Humanitarian of the Year )
• Kingfisher Model of the decade award (Model of the Decade)
• Award for 'Maharashtra Ratna' under the 'State Personality of the Year' category
• Titled as 'Partner for Pride of the Nation' award for the Leaders in Women Empowerment Principles category by 12th Edition Asian Business & Social Forum (2019)
|Date of Birth||21 May 1974 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||46 Years|
|Birthplace||Panvel, Bombay, India|
|Hometown||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Barns High School in Panvel, Mumbai|
|College/University||• Grant Medical College, Mumbai
• Harvard University Extension School
• Indira Gandhi National Open University
• Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
|Educational Qualification(s)||• M.B.B.S. from Grant Medical College
• Master of Liberal Arts (ALM), Psychology, Harvard University Extension School, expected May 2021
• Positive Psychology from Harvard University
• Masters in Psychology from Indira Gandhi National Open University
• Post Grad in Counselling from Tata Institute of Social Sciences
|Religion||Before marriage, she followed Hinduism, and after marriage, she converted to Islam. Facebook|
|Caste||Chitpavan Brahmin of Central and South Asian descent IMDb|
|Food Habit||Vegetarian IMDb|
|Controversy||In Big Boss season 3, Aditi Govitrikar and Tanaaz Currim pulled-down stand-up comedian Raju Srivastava's shorts during a poolside party, and the clipping was aired by the media. India Today|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Muffazal Lakdawala since college|
|Marriage Date||Year : 1998|
|Husband/Spouse||Muffazal Lakdawala (ex-husband) "Doctor"
|Parents||Names Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Alpan Gowitrikar
Sister- Arzoo Govitrikar
|Film||Munna Bhai M.B.B.S. (2003)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Aditi Govitrikar
- Aditi Govitrikar is a highly versatile personality. She was born to a Chitpavan brahmin family hailing from Pune. She is a medico, psychologist, supermodel, actress, and philanthropist. She is dedicated to transforming people’s lives those are going through any mental stress and bringing out their actual potential.
- She is the only Indian supermodel with a doctorate degree and qualifications of a psychologist. Business Today magazine has given her the title of “Beauty with Braines.”
- She mainly came into the limelight after she won the Gladrags Mega Model Contest in 1996, followed by the best body and face awards at the Asian Super Model Contest in 1997. She won Gladrags Mrs India in 2000, and Mrs World contest in 2001. Besides these, she has achieved other awards also. She is the first and the only Indian women who has won the title of Mrs World so far.
- Aditi has endorsed multiple top international brands such as Coca-Cola, Chopard, Fendi, Harry Winston, and has done many add campaigns for Clinic All Clear, Phillips, Eureka Forbes, Shopper’s Stop, and Pond’s followed.
- She defines herself as a lifelong learner, incredibly curious, and highly passionate about helping people to empower themselves. Her journey from being a medico to become an actress and a model has remained thrilling. Also, she is still continuing her medical career (as of 2020).
- She was cast as the leading lady in music videos such as ‘Kabhi to NazarMilao’ by Adnan Sami and Asha Bhosle (1997), and ‘Aaeena’ by Jagjit Singh (2000).
- Movies like De Dana Dhan (2009), Paheli (2005), 16th December (2002), and Bheja fry 2 (2011) helped her gain enormous popularity in her acting career.
- Aditi has been a part of many famous tv shows as a contestant such as Fear Factor: Khatron KeKhiladi in 2008, that was hosted by Akshay Kumar. She was a finalist on the show, which was shot in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- She was also seen in the third season of the controversial reality TV shows Bigg Boss, which was hosted by Amitabh Bachchan in 2009, and she was one among the semi-finalists.
- She participated in a photo shoot for a campaign titled ‘Let Vegetarianism Grow On You’ in which she wore a form-fitting gown made of lettuce created by ace fashion designer Hemant Trivedi in 2000. It debuted on the cover of a leading fashion magazine, and in an interview, while talking about this, she said,
Being a doctor, as well as a model, I know that eating veg is the first and most important ingredient in keeping fit. If you eat chicken or other meat, you’re consuming toxins, fat, and cholesterol. Veg food is powered with all the vitamins and protein you need to be at your best.”
- Dr Govitrikar actively campaigns for PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) and she strongly opposes animal slaughtering and even considers non-vegetarian food very unhealthy to consume.
- She is very particular about fitness and believes that ‘we are what we consume,’ so one should eat healthily. Also, she is an ardent Vipassana meditation practitioner. She follows the 8 pillars of wellbeing – Social, Emotional, Physical, Nutritional, Spiritual, Environmental, Intellectual, and Financial. This is something she suggests to all.
- Talking about her love life, Aditi had a 7-year relationship with a boy she met in college named Muffazal Lakdawala who was also pursuing MBBS from Grant Medical College Mumbai. They faced problems with respect to their marriage as the boy was Muslim and Aditi belonged to a Brahmin family. Despite the disparity among religion, the couple got married in the year 1998. After marriage, Aditi also converted into Islam and changed her name to Sara Lakdawala but continued with her name Aditi in the entertainment industry. They were also blessed with two children, a daughter, Kiara, and a son, Zhiaan. Later, they divorced in 2009. According to Aditi, it was amongst the most disturbing phases in her life. After some time, Muffazal got married to Priyanka Kaul in Goa in March 2011.
- She says that her experiences so far in life, through the multiple roles she has played, have taught her about the problems in our world and have made her realise how difficulties affect every individual differently. According to her, mental illness in India is still condemned and she wills to bring awareness and urge people to seek help by speaking about mental well being and not treat it as a taboo.
- Even after being a supermodel and an actress, she still wants to continue her career as a psychologist as it gives her immense fulfilment to understand the human mind and help resolve conflicts as well as diminish pain and sufferings of others. Also, she feels it is required to contribute to people and society.
- As a wellness expert, Dr Aditi has started a Lighthouse Counselling Centre on YouTube that gives individual and couple counselling by providing a safe and non-judgemental space to deal with any issues, difficulties or problems. The main aim of this channel is to help people empower and overcome their problems in life and gain insight, thereby enabling them to tackle future struggles. She says, she herself has gone through a dark phase in her life where everything felt like falling apart. It was difficult to cope with it, but soon, she figured it out. Likewise, she inspires all through her chat shows and counselling sessions. She has conducted a lot of workshops in many villages and cities across India. She has counselled many celebrities and corporate tycoons to get over their mental traumas. Dr Govitrikar has also started Dr A Talks on Instagram Live, every day at 6 pm, a guest joins her, and they discuss various topics. This show has been joined by many well-known celebrities such as Gauhar Khan, Arjun Kapoor, etc.
Joining me today on #DrATalks is the gorgeous actor, pageant winner, model & TV presenter @GAUAHAR_KHAN. Winner of #BiggBoss S7 & first runner up on celebrity dance show #JhalakDikhhlaJaa S3, Gauahar has acted in multiple Tv shows as well as #Bollywood movies. LIVE today @ 7 pm! pic.twitter.com/6LZEiwzYyl
— Dr Aditi Govitrikar (@aditigovitrikar) July 11, 2020
- In 2019, she lost her father who was sick for a very long time. He was said to be on the ventilator. He took his last breath at the Panvel hospital in Maharashtra. During the crises, Aditi persistently stood by her family. After his demise, Aditi shared an emotional note on social media on her sister Arzoo Govitrikar’s birthday quoting,
It’s not been the easiest of times losing our world – dad – this month. I envy your inner strength and the person you are. The way you’ve kept the family together through these tough times and more. A true woman who’s beautiful inside out. Wishing our pillar of strength a very happy birthday @arzoogovitrikarr”.
- Aditi was tested positive for COVID-19 in September 2020. A few days ago, Malaika Arora and Arjun Kapoor were also tested positive for COVID-19. Reportedly, Malaika happened to be at Aditi’s residence two weeks before they tested positive as Aditi organised a get together at her house in Bandra on 27 August 2020. So, Aditi quarantined herself at her home. She had a mild body ache. It is said that her building was also sealed by BMC as a precautionary measure.