Some Lesser Known Facts About Manoj Pahwa
- Does Manoj Pahwa smoke?: Not Known
- Does Manoj Pahwa drink alcohol?: Not known
- He is the eldest among his siblings, his father wanted him to take over their family business of Automobiles. But he had a keen interest in acting and was successful in convincing his parents.
- In his school days, he used to direct, prepare and act in skits for the annual day, Independence day, etc.
- He used to play the role of Lakshman in Nukkad Ramleelas.
- In the early stage of his career, he once gave the audition for a play in Doordarshan but got rejected.
- He got his first break as an actor in a daily soap “Hum Log” (1984) in which he played a negative role. His wife (Seema Bhargava) was his co-actor in that show.
- He has worked with his wife in many plays before but their first movie together “Khajoor Pe Atke ” will be releasing in 2018. Manoj Pahwa told in an interview that, “We have travelled throughout the country while working together in plays. We used to travel in trains because there was no money in theatre. Jo Dosti Gareebi Mein Hoti Hai Na, Woh Lambi Chalti hai. Humney Toh Shaadi Bhi Karli (laughs!)”
- Pahwa starred in television comedy series ‘Just Mohabbat’ (1996-2000) and ‘Office Office‘ (2001).
- In 2011, during the shoot for ‘Mausam’ (directed by Pankaj Kapur) in Chandigarh, he met the regional producers, which led to his Punjabi film debut, ‘Heer & Hero’.
- His whole family is heavily into the theatre and have opened their own theatre named “Kopal”. During an interview, he quoted “My kids have opened their theatre group and my wife is into direction. The theatre is like a mother to me and I am here all because of it. It can’t be compared with films and TV. My last professional visit to the city was also for a play.”
- In an interview, Manoj said that he believes working together is perhaps the best thing for their entire family. “It is an experiment. The kids have just graduated and may pursue a Masters in Dramatics. But there can be no better training than a practical one. We consider this the best education we can give our children.”
- He is a veteran actor majorly known for his comic roles in the movies like Dhamaal (2007), Singh is King (2008), ready (2011) etc and has acted in 50+ films and TV series as a character actor such as 7½ Phere (2005) as Inspector Rohit Kande, Being Cyrus (2005) as Inspector Maninder Lovely, Salaam-e-Ishq: A Tribute to Love (2007) as Surjit Chaddha, Singh Is Kinng (2008) as Dilbagh Singh and Dabangg 2 (2012) as Commissioner.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)